Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #3431
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
I like it!
You know how I know you're gay??
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #3432
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I might buy a ford gt someday.. if it comes with a good engine that is stout
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #3433
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
I might buy a ford gt someday.. if it comes with a good engine that is stout
It should considering the outgoing 5.4L is good for 1,800+ hp on the stock block, heads and displacement and still holds the standing mile record.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #3434
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
DELETED

Last edited by thePill; 05-23-2011 at 03:14 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #3435
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
It will probably be the 5.4's replacement, the Coyote 5.8. It has all the 5.0's goodies like TiVCT but will have the forged internal strength of the 5.4. Simply put, it is a 5.0 that uses the 5.4's deck height and stroke that is also intended for forced induction. The 5.8 will actually be 30lbs lighter engine for engine and seeing that the Coyote brothers use the Getrag transmission instead of the Tremec, you will lose another 30lbs there as well. There should be additional 6MT1500's being R&D'd as we speak...
yeah coyotw 5.8L sounds nice.. but what no direct injection?
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #3436
thePill
Account Suspended

DELETED

Last edited by thePill; 05-23-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #3437
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Alright, couple of tidbits.

We've known what the 2013 GT500 has cooking for some time now, and the same has been heavily hinted at on this site.

As for the next generation Mustang, a lot of incorrect information here. For example, nothing from the Falcon is carrying over to that car.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 PM   #3438
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

So now a Camaro vs. mustang thread has turned into another place for all you pony humpers to post of info that most of couldn't give a shit less about?? Is the "other car" forum not enough??
Old 05-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #3439
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
So now a Camaro vs. mustang thread has turned into another place for all you pony humpers to post of info that most of couldn't give a shit less about?? Is the "other car" forum not enough??
I agree go do this rumor sharing in the mustang forums
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #3440
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Alright, couple of tidbits.

We've known what the 2013 GT500 has cooking for some time now, and the same has been heavily hinted at on this site.

As for the next generation Mustang, a lot of incorrect information here. For example, nothing from the Falcon is carrying over to that car.
I never posted that the next Mustang would use the Falcon chassis, it was originally thought that it would but that is not the case. I also never said any of the info was absolutely correct, the only thing I know that is 100% sure is that the Mustang III is in the planning stage, everything else is rumors and hearsay... thats all.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #3441
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
The direction on the next Mustang is very important information that will ultimately affect the 6th Gen Camaro. I collect information from every possible source, research the information and consolidate all those pieces and post them here. I meant no disrespect but the direction of the next Mustang will dictate the direction of the next Camaro and will also affect the lifespan of the 5th Gen. The information on the 2013 GT500/Cobra should be monitored because of the ZL1. I understand that it can be disheartening to read the response to the ZL1 and the magnitude in which Ford is taking the fight but, there are members on this forum that have the ability to change the ZL1 and this information is good to know. This is in the correct thread for these topics but I don't want to upset any of the members... I will put a disclaimer at the beginning of the post from now on.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #3442
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
The direction on the next Mustang is very important information that will ultimately affect the 6th Gen Camaro. I collect information from every possible source, research the information and consolidate all those pieces and post them here. I meant no disrespect but the direction of the next Mustang will dictate the direction of the next Camaro and will also affect the lifespan of the 5th Gen. The information on the 2013 GT500/Cobra should be monitored because of the ZL1. I understand that it can be disheartening to read the response to the ZL1 and the magnitude in which Ford is taking the fight but, there are members on this forum that have the ability to change the ZL1 and this information is good to know. This is in the correct thread for these topics but I don't want to upset any of the members... I will put a disclaimer at the beginning of the post from now on.
First off this is a 5th gen Camaro forum, not a 6th gen forum. Secondly if members wanted to know what a new mustang will look like or what power it will have then they can go to one of the many mustang sites or even another forum on this site. This is about Camaro vs. mustang now, not what the mustang will be in the future. I'm sure GM knows a lot more about the next gen mustang than anyone here and they are planning the 6th gen accordingly. They don't need us to tell them about BS stats and show them renderings that someone made in their basement. Just because you're polite doesn't make your trolling any less obvious. Members have influence about options and creature comforts, not how well the car will compete with the mustang.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #3443
CamaroBelarus

Drives: black 2SS
Well said. Nothing to add.
CamaroBelarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #3444
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
First off this is a 5th gen Camaro forum, not a 6th gen forum. Secondly if members wanted to know what a new mustang will look like or what power it will have then they can go to one of the many mustang sites or even another forum on this site. This is about Camaro vs. mustang now, not what the mustang will be in the future. I'm sure GM knows a lot more about the next gen mustang than anyone here and they are planning the 6th gen accordingly. They don't need us to tell them about BS stats and show them renderings that someone made in their basement. Just because you're polite doesn't make your trolling any less obvious. Members have influence about options and creature comforts, not how well the car will compete with the mustang.
Speak for yourself fellow C5 member.

Other C5 members do appreciate all the info and tech that ThePill posts. If it wasn't for him many of us would still have our heads in the sand. I bet his PM inbox is full from members asking him for advise and answering questions just like mine is

If ThePill bothers you that much you can always enable the ignore feature.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, camaro vs mustang, cobra, faster, mods, mustang, race