Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2007, 03:44 AM   #29
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Ha ha, I'm sure I would be too. That's the problem... It would get broken within a few months. I do agree that it's pretty cool. Not quite sure if it has the "Muscle" feel to it though...
Same here. I fiddle like you wouldn't believe, and that key/fob combo would be worn out within days.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #30
85convertibleZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs cgm M6
i know its been talked about through this thread but Will the push button start be optional

Last edited by 85convertibleZ28; 10-18-2007 at 07:44 AM.
85convertibleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #31
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Everybody I know who owns a car like this, the Camaro's of old, the Mustangs, the old Muscle/pony cars, you know. They ALL have the car's keys on a completely separate keychain from their house keys Like a sacred keychain.

I'll be no different.

I already do this with the keys on my Silverado and my Tahoe (I actually did it for my Camaro, my other Silverado, and our Cherokee too). The only thing on the keychain is the key and the fob. I don't do it for the "no scratching" thing though....I do it because of the weight pulling down on the ignition...between the car keys, the fobs, the house keys, the office desk key, etc, it was just too much weight and it does "tug" on the ignition. It might not be as big an issue with a dash mounted ignition vs. one on the column, but still.

The other plus....when you have to take the car in for service...all of your other keys are already off the keychain...you don't have to remember to take them off or find another ring to put them on temporarily.

It took awhile, but I finally convinced my wife to use just the key for the vehicle she was driving and leave the other keys in her purse.

I don't know how some people carry all that stuff on "one keychain" (since it's usually numerous keychains together). No offense to anyone, but it's usually women that do it (I think it's because they have a purse to put their keys in....guys typically put their keys in their pocket....).
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Well, this thread has taken a little bit of a turn... But, I've got 3 keys on my ring. My primary house key, car key, and the desk key for my desk at work...then I've got a fob to get into our exclusive lounge on campus, and a 4GB USB thumbdrive. even though that's not a lot, it's already getting cumbersome...
Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #33
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Yeah, I'm about the same. I've got my car key, house key, office key, mail keys (2 for work and one for home), and a thumbdrive. I'll probably just get one of those quick-release things for my Camaro key so I can drive without all that crap swinging around.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85convertibleZ28 View Post
i know its been talked about through this thread but Will the push button start be optional
Don't know. Scott said it will not be pushbutton. You will have to use a key. Whether or not it will be optional is something we'll have to wait to find out....probably not an option.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:37 PM   #35
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
I already do this with the keys on my Silverado and my Tahoe (I actually did it for my Camaro, my other Silverado, and our Cherokee too). The only thing on the keychain is the key and the fob. I don't do it for the "no scratching" thing though....I do it because of the weight pulling down on the ignition...between the car keys, the fobs, the house keys, the office desk key, etc, it was just too much weight and it does "tug" on the ignition. It might not be as big an issue with a dash mounted ignition vs. one on the column, but still.

The other plus....when you have to take the car in for service...all of your other keys are already off the keychain...you don't have to remember to take them off or find another ring to put them on temporarily.

It took awhile, but I finally convinced my wife to use just the key for the vehicle she was driving and leave the other keys in her purse.

I don't know how some people carry all that stuff on "one keychain" (since it's usually numerous keychains together). No offense to anyone, but it's usually women that do it (I think it's because they have a purse to put their keys in....guys typically put their keys in their pocket....).
I've always heard the 'weight' argument about having lots of keys.

I used to have a TON of keys on my keychain. I'm talking for 10 years. And it never once caused a problem hanging from the ignition of my cars.

Now I just have 5 keys, a 1gb thumbdrive, some store discount card things, and a 'keychain' (you know, the kind that say something, or have a picture).
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #36
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
I already do this with the keys on my Silverado and my Tahoe (I actually did it for my Camaro, my other Silverado, and our Cherokee too). I do it because of the weight pulling down on the ignition...between the car keys, the fobs, the house keys, the office desk key, etc, it was just too much weight and it does "tug" on the ignition. It might not be as big an issue with a dash mounted ignition vs. one on the column, but still.
Are you serious?

Not to mention
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #37
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
You can also have a keyless start without a push button, that what my RX8 has. The ignition just has a plastic cover over it and you crank it just as if you had a key in it except it can stay in your pocket.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #38
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Are you serious?
I thought the same thing
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 PM   #39
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Did anyone note the fine print on the Bumblebee Camaro giveaway contest? I'm sure that this is just legal CYA on the price, but they at least tried to quantify price, even if it was very conservative.

THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES/ARV: 2009 Chevrolet Camaro – Transformers Bumblebee Replica Edition-(ARV/MSRP: $40,000). This replica will be a production-version Camaro modified to resemble the exterior of Bumblebee, as seen in Transformers: The Movie. Specialty enhancements/design upgrades may not be covered by the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Grand Prize vehicles will not be available for delivery until 2009. ... Grand Prize vehicles’ APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV) is based on forecasted 2009 Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of a base model Chevrolet Camaro.
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:57 AM   #40
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
Did anyone note the fine print on the Bumblebee Camaro giveaway contest? I'm sure that this is just legal CYA on the price, but they at least tried to quantify price, even if it was very conservative.

THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES/ARV: 2009 Chevrolet Camaro – Transformers Bumblebee Replica Edition-(ARV/MSRP: $40,000). This replica will be a production-version Camaro modified to resemble the exterior of Bumblebee, as seen in Transformers: The Movie. Specialty enhancements/design upgrades may not be covered by the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Grand Prize vehicles will not be available for delivery until 2009. ... Grand Prize vehicles’ APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV) is based on forecasted 2009 Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of a base model Chevrolet Camaro.
fbodfather has addressed this directly... please visit this post:

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...7054#post27054

It's clear that the base price will not be $40,000.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:57 AM   #41
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
All ready covered and its already been stated by those in power that the 40k tag is for legal purposes only and not indicative of actual price. Like you said its just legal CYA.

Read my signature.

Whoops tran beat me to it..

Last edited by The_Stache; 10-21-2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Tran got there first!
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:25 AM   #42
Power Junkie
GM give me my fix please!

Drives: 95 Toyota GT4
Location: England.. aka the EU's whipping boy!!! (but not for much longer, hopefully)
I know it's been said that there will not be a push button start... but, does that just mean the first models out, there is no mention whether the higher spec models in the future won't have one... or some other trick starting device / option of.

Boo to the 'B' pillar.. but it's not gonna put me off as they've stated that it's not noticeable from the out side.

They do say about the rear quarter window ("think of the 1st gen with the window in the up position").. does this mean that the quarter window won't roll down???

I see no mention of where the petrol cap will end up!!
Power Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote