Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #617
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
All Right,......... reading the Good/Bad news lol

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 10-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #618
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I'd think the manual would get better fuel economy than the auto, as that's almost always the case. I could count on one hand the times I've seen an auto with better economy than a manual. And if I remember right, I think fbodfather may have said something about no gas-guzzler tax...
the reason the manual is in question is become the auto has a fuel management system.

@ cruising speeds it shuts off 4 cylinders - only using 3.1L instead of the normal 6.2L

it gives the L99 a nice advantage to the LS3, except its less fun to drive IMO lol (go manuals! lol)
Old 10-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #619
nitromater13

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
One thing that i've noticed with everybodys concern over the prices, no one has brought up the fact that the dealers will be jacking up the price by about 5 to 10 thousand
Old 10-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #620
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromater13 View Post
One thing that i've noticed with everybodys concern over the prices, no one has brought up the fact that the dealers will be jacking up the price by about 5 to 10 thousand
yeah maybe you should read around a little more.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:16 PM   #621
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromater13 View Post
That's cause no one around here will be doing business with those types of dealers.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #622
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
^^^2-shayyy(touche')
im gonna eat it big on this ride, but there's nO WAY im not gettin an SS!

lol to most posts on this thread

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
Old 10-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #623
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
I think you are correct. This was the biggest road block for this project. The Manual LS3 will have 23 MPG HW. This was posted before. The LS3 will get the 23 MPG. L99 with AFM will get 26 MPG. This was the point of making the LS3 and ditching the LS2.

Correct me if I wrong because I'm hazy on the subject.
I've never heard that before. I thought it was down around 23 for both.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 10-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #624
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Whoa- hold on a minute. I ordered my 2SS at 9:00 am today...
congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I'd think the manual would get better fuel economy than the auto, as that's almost always the case. I could count on one hand the times I've seen an auto with better economy than a manual. And if I remember right, I think fbodfather may have said something about no gas-guzzler tax...
usually the manual does, but the L99 has AFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
I think you are correct. This was the biggest road block for this project. The Manual LS3 will have 23 MPG HW. This was posted before. The LS3 will get the 23 MPG. L99 with AFM will get 26 MPG. This was the point of making the LS3 and ditching the LS2.

Correct me if I wrong because I'm hazy on the subject.
not completely. the LS3 is a bigger bore LS2 (if you want to call it that) that has the L92 heads.

not to mention... the camaro has a tradition of getting the previous years' vette engine... this year its the LS3...next year.... who knows... LS9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
the reason the manual is in question is become the auto has a fuel management system.

@ cruising speeds it shuts off 4 cylinders - only using 3.1L instead of the normal 6.2L

it gives the L99 a nice advantage to the LS3, except its less fun to drive IMO lol (go manuals! lol)
you should try driving with paddles.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #625
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I think it is kind of funny to finally see some people's response to this thread after months of reading comments to the speculation that was damn near spot on (WOW, actually Ijust looked at my join date.... has it really been 2 years!!!). It appears as though there are 2 distinct groups on these forums: Those that are extremely pleased with the pricing because it is very clear that for the money this is by far the best value for a performance car on the market and those that have complained forever, begging GM not to price it "too high" and apparently $31,000 for a 400+ HP car is too high. Listen, any one who thought GM was going to deliver a modern day Camaro with these stats for the price of a 2002 Camaro needs to get their head out of the clouds. If a price point of $31k is what threw you over the edge then you simply should not have even been considering a $29-30k car because you can not afford it! Simply put, this car is a STEAL for $31k!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #626
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
i think the SS is good but i thinking the base should be about 1000 cheaper just so that they will sell more and not have all the potential camaro buyers go buy a cheaper mustang... i know it's a hell of a lot more performance, but the average guy doesn't want to pay that much more, he just wants the sex appeal of a fast car and the looks of a sports car... just my opinion.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #627
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
... but I HOPE im right when I'm guessing this, but the 4 gauge auxiliary multifunction accessory CAN be added once those prices come out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
yes it wil be available as a dealer install

Where is this info from (dealer installed gauges)? Link? Haven't seen this assertion anywhere else.

Last edited by liberty; 10-13-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #628
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
It is a great deal for the money. If it was any other car--japanese, german, the V6 would be priced at 31k. The difference is this is a different price zone than the Camaro is use to, and sport coupes have not sold well at all in the past decade.
One argument that does fall flat is that "the V6 has as much hp as the last gen Z28."
Well it has 300 hp, but it doesn't have as much torque, and the car is 400 pounds heavier. The last gen LS1 Z28 did 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. The new V6 car is rated at 6.1.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #629
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by azfan View Post
It is a great deal for the money. If it was any other car--japanese, german, the V6 would be priced at 31k. The difference is this is a different price zone than the Camaro is use to, and sport coupes have not sold well at all in the past decade.
there havent been a lot of sport coupes made in the last decade either...lol save for the mustang, but theres 23049872304978133 versions of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfan View Post
One argument that does fall flat is that "the V6 has as much hp as the last gen Z28."
Well it has 300 hp, but it doesn't have as much torque, and the car is 400 pounds heavier. The last gen LS1 Z28 did 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. The new V6 car is rated at 6.1.
as ive said before....

horsepower sells cars
torque wins races

and the argument doesnt fall flat on its face... the V6 does have as much hp as the 4th gen Z28. but 90% of the buyers out there, dont care about torque.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #630
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I need to go compare the pricing to the equal Mustang.

Closed Thread