Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #29
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
and seriously its just not right for safety purposes to drive children in baby seats in a camaro or mustang...

not right
Not sure why you would think its not safe for kids to be in back of a Camaro. I know both of my kids have spent numerous hours and miles enjoying the ride and time in all three of our Camaros, in addition to the others we have had.

When someone cause the accident the wrecked my 87 in 2001, the back seat area was a much safer place to be than the driver's seat. The new Camaro has to meet much stricter safety standards than that one did.
Now, as Mike (my son) gets taller he would be more uncomfortable and that would keep us from putting him back there.

As for kids spilling something in the car, I took care of htat years ago. I taught both of our kids to respect, enjoy and, take pride in our cars. They help wash and maintain them and have even told people at shows to get their hands off our show cars. They are incredibly careful about drinks in the back seat. They only use bottles and keep the caps on them.

I have noticed that as long as Tammy and I are having fun they have fun. Of course, they both prefer the front seat, or the Vettes. But, they still love riding in the Camaros, front or back.
Zhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #30
65bus

Drives: 92 Z28, 72 Chevy truck, 65 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to 65bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxcellent View Post

I am torn between the Camaro and Pontiac G8,

~LSx
Me too hard chose,
65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #31
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
According to Chevrolet, "LATCH anchors are availiable in all Chevy vehicles."

It even lists the Corvette and Colorado regular cab. "Availiable but not recommended"

I'm sure your kid seats will be secure in the back.

The problem is keeping his or her dayum dirty shoes off your seat back.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #32
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
lol I happen to agree with you. since the Corvette is a two seater, but my kids still love going places in the vettes.

Back on track, I dont know about the new Camaro, but my daughter was raised in the back seat of my husbands 95 Camaro. we used it as a daily driver until we started moding it out. But she was only a few months old when we got it.

Of course my 3rd gen Camaro she use to go in rides in all the time, Now we also have a 2nd gen Camaro.
Had two Camaros when my son was young, it worked great. Now he wants me to get one so HE can drive it...Gulp.....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #33
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
back in the day the chevelle,skylark,nova were considered family cars.i can just imagine it now, "come on honey get the kids we are going to disney land!!!!"
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #34
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
back in the day the chevelle,skylark,nova were considered family cars.i can just imagine it now, "come on honey get the kids we are going to disney land!!!!"
so my skylark isnt a family car anymore? since its not back in the day?

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #35
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I think a Camaro is a family car. My daughter has grown up around muscle cars and exotics and she like them. When we go to shows she rides in the back and is fine. When it's just me and her she rides up front. Besides when they grow up are they going to remember going to the grocery store in the Yukon or going to the show with dad and his Camaro.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #36
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
lol how many would consider an 80's s10 as a family car? My father did it for a while before he totaled it... my mom in the passenger seat and me on the floor between the 2 seats... it was a manual and every time he went to shift he would have to bat my seat out of the way. ahh the good ol' days
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #37
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Since my family is just me and my wife, yes the Camaro is a family car.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:53 AM   #38
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
lol how many would consider an 80's s10 as a family car? My father did it for a while before he totaled it... my mom in the passenger seat and me on the floor between the 2 seats... it was a manual and every time he went to shift he would have to bat my seat out of the way. ahh the good ol' days

Ahhh, the days of riding in the bed of a truck, the cargo area of a station wagon, or laying in the back window waving at people. Kids these days will never know the joys.
Zhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:02 AM   #39
Yesdearithasabackseat

Drives: Nissan Titan
"yesdearithasabackseat"
told the wife I was getting a Camaro and this is the first thing she asked me. I was going to buy a Sports Car and the only thing she was worried about was if it has a back seat to take the kids to their activities occaisionally. Never asked about the price just the back seat.
Yesdearithasabackseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #40
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Not a family car.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #41
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I'm gonna say yes and no...depends on your family I guess...I bought my wife a malibu to cart the baby around in, the Camaro will be Daddy's toy.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #42
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
My cousin had purchased a brand new Camaro back in 2000 when she had just had her first son. She had managed to convince herself that the Camaro can be used as a family car. That beautiful Z28 only lasted about 8 months before she had to get rid of it in place of a Jeep Liberty... Let's be honest, the Camaro is not a family car. You can use it if you have to haul the kids to and from day care on occasion, but if you plan on using it for this purpose daily, you will lose your mind.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote