The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
The eight or so largest Corvette dealers will have about 40% of the allocations which must be used or reassigned; they got to be the biggest by taking other dealer unused allocation. These dealers will certainly have more allocation than pre-production sales, so it is a certainty dealer stock orders will be built at the same time as retail sold orders.

Assigning allocation is one of the most heavily regulated AND litigated areas in the vehicle franchise business. What may appear to be unfair is possibly the only way to assure fairness.

Laborsmith
I see. Is there any correlation between my position in my dealer's allocation and my position in the grand scheme of production order? Will they produce the vehicles in order of the allocation numbers? For example, if one dealer has 3 allocated, they get one (1/3), and Kerbeck who has nearly 500 allocated will get 166 before (about 1/3 of that) before the first dealer gets their second vehicle? or is it literally first come first serve based on the time of the orders coming in? Which would mean theoretically, one dealer who placed a lot of orders early could see all their allocation produced and delivered before a dealer a little later getting in orders sees the first one? Thanks for answering all of this the best you can. Much appreciated.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Kerbeck's first 166 would be built in the same time frame as the 1, second 166 same time frame as 2, etc. altho the second may be built before the second 166 as Chevy tries to pull retail sold orders as quickly as it can within the limits already stated.

It does not make a difference if the order was entered first or last; what does make a difference is allocation.

Good questions.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #17
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Excellent. That is good to know. I shouldn't be waiting too long then. This is getting exciting. I am doing some training starting today for about 2 weeks, so when I get back, I'm hoping production has started and I have moved up in the world from 3000, maybe even have a TPW! Have plenty of reading to do as well to catch up. Again, thanks for these answers.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
2,000 units on the first go around. I am 100% positive on that, other than I can tell you it came from very high up.

I am ready to get this ball rolling!