The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #71
Matts11SS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
I am a cofounder of a car club here in New Braunfels, Texas, and here are our rules for the meets. We do not tolerate people acting like jerks. We have 67 members also (Muscle and sports cars, not all Camaros), and we are pretty strict on these rules.

1: Please don't show up to the location burning the tires and haulin' ass. There is a time and place for that, but not at a family restaurant where there may be kids around. We would hate to lose the location over one person's poor judgement, or worse someone getting hurt.
2: Please don't trash talk on other members' cars. Our goal is to be a tight-knit group where we can all be friends. We all put a lot of work in to our cars to build them how WE want them. If you don't like a car, be thankful that you don't drive it, but be respectful and keep it to yourself.
3: Try to avoid forming cliques. Go around and check out all the other cars and get to know everyone. The last thing we want is to come to a meet where all the Ford guys, Subaru guys, and Chevy guys are hanging out by themselves.
4: Bring your friends. The more people the better. But if your friend drives a stock Dodge Dart or a Honda with 8 different colored quarter panels, no hood, a fart can exhaust and a beanie baby hanging from the back, let him ride with you instead. One of our goals is to be a classy club, and as we mentioned before we hand pick all members, and reject a lot of requests, to try to maintain that goal.
5: Bring a positive attitude. Seriously, if you drive the nicest car in the club but you have a crappy attitude, we will ask you to leave the meet, and you will be removed from the group. On that note, if you have a problem with another member, let Joshua Hayes, Alex Burkhartt, or myself know and we will handle it in a manner we deem appropriate.
Most of all, have fun! See y'all there!
Matts11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #72
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts11SS View Post
I am a cofounder of a car club here in New Braunfels, Texas, and here are our rules for the meets. We do not tolerate people acting like jerks. We have 67 members also (Muscle and sports cars, not all Camaros), and we are pretty strict on these rules.

1: Please don't show up to the location burning the tires and haulin' ass. There is a time and place for that, but not at a family restaurant where there may be kids around. We would hate to lose the location over one person's poor judgement, or worse someone getting hurt.
2: Please don't trash talk on other members' cars. Our goal is to be a tight-knit group where we can all be friends. We all put a lot of work in to our cars to build them how WE want them. If you don't like a car, be thankful that you don't drive it, but be respectful and keep it to yourself.
3: Try to avoid forming cliques. Go around and check out all the other cars and get to know everyone. The last thing we want is to come to a meet where all the Ford guys, Subaru guys, and Chevy guys are hanging out by themselves.
4: Bring your friends. The more people the better. But if your friend drives a stock Dodge Dart or a Honda with 8 different colored quarter panels, no hood, a fart can exhaust and a beanie baby hanging from the back, let him ride with you instead. One of our goals is to be a classy club, and as we mentioned before we hand pick all members, and reject a lot of requests, to try to maintain that goal.
5: Bring a positive attitude. Seriously, if you drive the nicest car in the club but you have a crappy attitude, we will ask you to leave the meet, and you will be removed from the group. On that note, if you have a problem with another member, let Joshua Hayes, Alex Burkhartt, or myself know and we will handle it in a manner we deem appropriate.
Most of all, have fun! See y'all there!
Now that is how a club should be run. I like it but it may be a bit of a commute for meetings and get togethers for me.,

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:41 AM   #73
Matts11SS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Now that is how a club should be run. I like it but it may be a bit of a commute for meetings and get togethers for me.,
Well, maybe just once??
Matts11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #74
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #75
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Car scene is alive and well here around Charlotte. There is a local restaurant up the street called Highway 55 (formerly Andys) that has an old 50s diner theme to it. They have cruise ins and free milk shakes every Tuesday and a big cruise in every other Sunday.

I was only Camaro up there last weekend and had about 20 mustangs around me. They were all super friendly and engaging. I made several new friends and even got one of them to admit he still bleeds Chevy orange (privately when over at my ride lol). They told me to make sure I come back next meet.

Keep looking around OP. You will find there are still plenty of great groups out there.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #76
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast4Mu View Post
I've not been around car culture enough to see what many of you all are talking about. With the exception of forums, I mostly keep to myself in regards to cars...

BUT....
I have seen this a lot with motorcycles, especially with many Harley riders...and I just don't get it.

Most sportbike riders I know are incredibly passionate about riding. Most seem more than happy to talk shop or talk about most anything. There's the biker wave that we all do and that's cool -- but I'd guess that 90+% of Harley bikers not only refuse to wave back to sportbikes, but they frequently seem to snub us (intentionally ignore, look away, etc.). It's actually kinda funny.....

I get this sense that they believe only real bikers ride Harleys and everyone else is a poser. Harley snobbiness seems directly proportional to beard length and belly size.

I dunno. I certainly can't put words to them and I certainly can't say they're all that way, but in my own personal experience, it certainly seems mostly that way.

I don't get it....I'm just happy anytime I'm on wheel -- two or four, knobby or smooth...doesn't matter. It's beyond me that people take such things to the point of arrogance
"Real" riders get it.. Normally the old time riders appreciate the sport bikers if they aren't being squids. I would ride often with the "V-Twinkie" crowd on my sport bikes often and they always showed respect for the performance and my choice of ride (normally Triumphs)
The douchebags were always the biker wannabes that had never turned a wrench and would only see the brain dead Harley mentality. These are also the guys that would be critical of the V Rod riders too (damn liquid cooled thing ain't no Harley!!) LOL
Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #77
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Went to a show earlier this month(1st time), people in this area are always friendly and willing to talk.

I usually bring a friend or family member with me so I dont feel so awkward talking to new people lol.. if noone talks to me oh well I came with someone who does talk to me..

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote