The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-22-2014, 06:36 AM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Question dumb question about XM radio

My dad's 2012 Impala LS does not have it, but he does have the shark fin on the roof and according to the manual that is what houses it (he does have Onstar but it is not turned on). but a vin check shows he does not have it. Is there a way to add XM to a car that does not have it from the factory. cause of right now the only way for him to have it is to install his Sirius radio on the dash and antennae on the roof (which he thinks the idea of having 2 of them on the roof is silly). I am pretty sure the answer is no or not cost effective but I just wanted to ask anyway.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
I suspect the stock radio would reveal that answer. If there's no XM settings anywhere in it, you would either need a new head unit with XM capabilities or an aftermarket solution like you describe.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote