The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-01-2024, 12:40 PM   #2017
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
What makes someone a fascist, specifically?
I don't think a title or license plate is issued specifically for it, but from what I can tell about his personal opinions, views, and interests on his social media platform, he seems to fit the mold. Thankfully he's only running a few companies, and that's mostly between him, his boards, and the shareholders.

Don't forget the drug use, though. A lot of this stuff seems to come out when he's on a bender.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 02:55 PM   #2018
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I don't think a title or license plate is issued specifically for it, but from what I can tell about his personal opinions, views, and interests on his social media platform, he seems to fit the mold. Thankfully he's only running a few companies, and that's mostly between him, his boards, and the shareholders.

Don't forget the drug use, though. A lot of this stuff seems to come out when he's on a bender.
Give us some examples.

Shutting down thread in 3-2-1, lol

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 03:05 PM   #2019
Evergreen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Give us some examples.

Shutting down thread in 3-2-1, lol
I have no need to prove my opinion to anyone. You are welcome to draw your own conclusion.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:26 PM   #2020
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
And stock price jumps $27. Go figure. Makes no sense at all.
Tesla's stock never made sense to begin with anyway......

Depending how this shakes out...... Even though I never needed a supercharger yet, may dictate what replaces my Model 3 down the road. Got years before I envision needing to replace the Model 3 so have time to see what happens. But the discussion changes further. It was a matter of replacing it with another Tesla or another OEM EV. It brings ICE back into discussion.

This also puts NACS in jeopardy.

Musk needs to step down as CEO, IMHO. Get a Gwynne Shotwell to run Tesla. Gwynne been doing an awesome job running SpaceX as CEO leaving Musk deal with what he is actually good at, the product and hardware. He can't operate and run a company.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #2021
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Stock holder Voting is going on.
Just like our local votes wording obfuscates the truth of the matter.

Should a person get 54 bazillion dollars for pissing away billions of company money on things not making a good return instead of focusing on the Tesla car product?
Related to that topic will gas stations and store landlords pay for the superchargers now so it was smart decision because of a low Return On Investment or some crazyassedwhilehigh decision? I don't see anything all over the news on details of profit vs investments on those except the government huge dollar subsidies have built exactly ONE location. Oh I might add I would like to see a new CEO focused on the cars only, there was no vote option for that BTW

In other electric news Acura is making a new electric hearse looking
crossover so it can take itself out for burial after the model is so unpopular?
Attached Images

Last edited by silversleeper; Yesterday at 10:32 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #2022
Evergreen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Another GM Ultium Platform rebadge.

This ranks up there in weirdness like the time GM borrowed Honda's 3.5L V6, or when a GM truck was sold as a Saab, or when Toyota borrowed the Cavalier.
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #2023
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post

I saw the Acura ZDX (and Honda Prologue) in the flesh several weeks ago. 'Looks pretty good imho.

Interiors are dramatically different from Blazer EV (Prologue) and Lyriq (ZDX) with the GM vehicles having nicer, more modern interiors.

Quote:
Another GM Ultium Platform rebadge.

This ranks up there in weirdness like the time GM borrowed Honda's 3.5L V6, or when a GM truck was sold as a Saab, or when Toyota borrowed the Cavalier.
FWIW I was right in the thick of the Honda and Saab episodes. Here’s a behind the scenes take..
Honda
I was actually very involved in this one. I was Director - GM Powertrain Planning at the time. This was during one of the phases of “merger-mania” where auto companies were merging and/or acquiring each other. Honda sort of indicated that they were concerned that they might be forced to merge with Toyota. That’s like saying “Ford, you need to merge with GM”. So GM and Honda were talking at high levels in ways to collaborate without establishing equity positions in order to complicate any forced merger of Honda with Toyota.

At the time, GM was in the process of bringing out the Saturn Vue and we were also in the process of developing a new DOHC V6 (the same V6 that wound up in 5th and 6th Camaro). The HFV6 was intended to launch as the uplevel engine in the Saturn Vue. It was running late in development. So this was seen as a window of opportunity to create a tie-up with Honda. So we re-structured the launch cadence of the HFV6 and made the deal to acquire the 3.5L V6 / 5 speed from Honda for the Saturn Vue. That allowed us to place the HFV6 in more appications.

Shortly after that GM and Honda entered into a long term agreement to co-develop Hydrogen Fuel Cell technology. Honda engineers moved to Pontiac, Michigan and were housed on the GM Powertrain campus. They are still there. GM and Honda just recently started shipping hydrogen fuel stacks from their jointly operated Brownstown Twp plant. This was the plant that used to build batteries for Chevrolet Volt.

Saab
The GMT360 and GMT370 programs were super successful at launch. This was the Chevrolet Trailblazer / GMC Envoy twins. GMT360 was the short wheelbase, GMT370 the long. GM acquired Saab during all the aforementioned merger-mania and was looking for additional opportunities to expand the Saab product line. So the Saab 9-7 was added to the portfolio to ride the GMT360 popularity wave. GM had also acquired a large stake in Subaru. There was a Subaru version (Ascender?) of the GMT360. And Oldsmobile (Bravada) as well. When Oldsmobile was dropped the Bravada was morphed into the Buick Rainier. We also took the Subaru WRX and made a Saab version, the 9-2, that was commonly called the “Saabaru”

So, at the time that Saab produced the 9-7 SUV off of the GMT360 program, Saab was a wholly owned subsidiary and brand of GM.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19 AM   #2024
Evergreen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
FWIW I was right in the thick of the Honda and Saab episodes. Here’s a behind the scenes take..
Interesting details, thanks for sharing. I knew that GM owned Saab at that point, it was just so weird to have a GMT rebadged as a Saab. Arguably, it was one of the nicer GMT360's, but it was solidly "Weekend at Bernie's" for the Saab enthusiasts. The brand was dead at that point.

From memory, please correct me if I'm wrong:

I recall the Ascender was an Isuzu, not surprising, GM and Isuzu have long established ties. I recall they had a heavy hand in the Gen 1 Colorado/Canyon GMT355. Collab on the development of the V8 Duramax. Powertrain sharing on the early 1st gen S10, and Isuzu had their own S10 twin for a long time, the Hombre.

The Saabaru was about the kinkiest automotive mixup I think I've ever seen. A Subaru wearing a Saab getup at the command of its master at the time, GM. Oof.

I worked for GM/Chevy dealerships when the GMT360 came out. V8 power out of a V6, 4.2 inline (Atlas, which we discussed above). It felt modern, sounded good, was a great size. They were extremely popular. Every one to hit our lot was sold within days.
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #2025
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Interesting details, thanks for sharing. I knew that GM owned Saab at that point, it was just so weird to have a GMT rebadged as a Saab. Arguably, it was one of the nicer GMT360's, but it was solidly "Weekend at Bernie's" for the Saab enthusiasts. The brand was dead at that point.

From memory, please correct me if I'm wrong:

I recall the Ascender was an Isuzu, not surprising, GM and Isuzu have long established ties. I recall they had a heavy hand in the Gen 1 Colorado/Canyon GMT355. Collab on the development of the V8 Duramax. Powertrain sharing on the early 1st gen S10, and Isuzu had their own S10 twin for a long time, the Hombre.

The Saabaru was about the kinkiest automotive mixup I think I've ever seen. A Subaru wearing a Saab getup at the command of its master at the time, GM. Oof.

I worked for GM/Chevy dealerships when the GMT360 came out. V8 power out of a V6, 4.2 inline (Atlas, which we discussed above). It felt modern, sounded good, was a great size. They were extremely popular. Every one to hit our lot was sold within days.
You’re right! That’s why Subaru Ascender sounded strange to me. It was Isuzu Ascender and there was no Subaru GMT360.

I’m sure typing V6 was force of habit. The 6-cylinder in GMT360 was the 4.2L Inline, not V. It also got V8 fuel economy, which is why it didn’t stick around very long.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:54 PM   #2026
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Quote:

I see, he’s a fascist because he fits the mold. Can I see this mold you speak of? I envy your skill in recognizing fascists and would like to learn it. Right now I’m only skilled at recognizing communists.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote