The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-14-2020, 04:08 PM   #435
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Quarantining helped. But not THAT much. Ok, you stay put until February 2022. (23 months, like SF) Please stop shaving and bathing, so when you do emerge, we can see and smell you coming.

I’ll admit, I don’t know, but I have to believe few tried to get people to stay at home in 1917-18. Maybe toward the end. But again, that was some badass ju ju. It killed young and healthy. Count thy blessings!
I don't understand this comparison. That was a hundred years ago. Its irrelevant
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:33 PM   #436
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Looks like the hysteria has been taken to the next level here. Look grocery chain requiring masks. No doubt the sheeple will line up. I might have to dig out an old welder's mask I acquired somewhere for when my store requires it.
Is it lonely being the only smart person in the room and having nobody to talk to?
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #437
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
I work in a grocery store. Have for over 30 years. Didn’t realize until recently that I’m essential. Even have papers now to prove it. I now see 50-75% of customers wearing masks of some sort. Most wearing them incorrectly. It’s encouraged but still optional for our associates. If I’m required to wear one I’ll take LOA and wait for my government check.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:31 AM   #438
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Hasn’t affected anything, outside where my wife and I go for dates. Stuck to Target, Sprouts, and Walmart
Old 04-15-2020, 01:57 PM   #439
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
My job is considered essential (construction) concrete dispatcher. We are still busy in the Central Florida area.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:45 PM   #440
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
I've got my papers for essential worker since my company is a broadline distributor for groceries and equipment. The company has asked we stay at and work from home for now though.
But I guess even the WWE in Florida is essential at this point
Old 04-15-2020, 03:50 PM   #441
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
My job is considered essential (construction) concrete dispatcher. We are still busy in the Central Florida area.
Great to hear
Old 06-01-2020, 12:40 AM   #442
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I haven't heard any updates on this thread for a while. I genuinely am interested and I hope that everyone's situation is improving. As I mentioned before, I work in China and now the political situation between US and China is looking grim and I see the news headlines and what is happening back home and it is hard to believe what is happening at this time.

As for me the school I work as has been offering online studies to our students, the whole time. The high school has restarted a few weeks ago, middle school returned today and it is a possibility that the kindergarten students will return next week. The way we teach, interact with students and the way they interact with each other will be vastly different from the way things were before.

That being said, in a way life is beginning to returning to normal here and we feel pretty safe to walk around and do errands, but we still haven't been to a restaurant or done anything social outside of the home. When we go out we are still trying to wear a mask, sanitizing and keeping distance from others just to be sure.

I had friends come over for dinner last Friday and received my first hug from someone outside my house hold since January. What a strange thing to be sharing but these are strange time we are living in!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:15 PM   #443
kevint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
I haven't heard any updates on this thread for a while. I genuinely am interested and I hope that everyone's situation is improving. As I mentioned before, I work in China and now the political situation between US and China is looking grim and I see the news headlines and what is happening back home and it is hard to believe what is happening at this time.

As for me the school I work as has been offering online studies to our students, the whole time. The high school has restarted a few weeks ago, middle school returned today and it is a possibility that the kindergarten students will return next week. The way we teach, interact with students and the way they interact with each other will be vastly different from the way things were before.

That being said, in a way life is beginning to returning to normal here and we feel pretty safe to walk around and do errands, but we still haven't been to a restaurant or done anything social outside of the home. When we go out we are still trying to wear a mask, sanitizing and keeping distance from others just to be sure.

I had friends come over for dinner last Friday and received my first hug from someone outside my house hold since January. What a strange thing to be sharing but these are strange time we are living in!
Can't speak for the rest of the lower-48 but we're starting to open up here in Jersey. The GF and I are in a weird spot mentally because we both understand and appreciate the need for quarantining, especially for a densely-populated state such as NJ, but we're also getting tired of not having places to go. It doesn't help that she is an ICU nurse who has been at the front of this and seeing the worst since the second week of March.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:34 PM   #444
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Everything is starting to open up until COVID breaks out more than the first time due to the riots going on. The cases will have a very high rise rate in these areas. FYI I do not agree with what happened but I also do not think this stupid crap is the way to “fix” this either.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 02:37 AM   #445
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
i’m a truck driver. at this point, not worried about my job. thankfully, i don’t work for an employer bound by anything automotive related.
we spent a few weeks only working 4 days instead of 5. went back to 5 days over a month ago. i was really enjoying only working 4 days :/ oh well.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #446
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I thought things were getting back to normal here in Beijing, we went a quite a few weeks with no local transmissions. People were all doing well maintaining distance, wearing a mask and just being safe but somehow another wave has hit. I was going back to my classroom to teach my students online through zoom, but now I am back teaching from home again.

The rest of the teachers at my school are still teaching from campus. Our Kindergarten teaching team got sent home because aone of the teachers lives in the same compound as someone who was discovered to have Covid-19 on the first day of this new outbreak. The patient lives over 1KM away from him, uses a completely different entrance in a separate section of the compound, additionally that whole family is now in the hospital.

So I am working from home because my coworker's teaching assistant went into my classroom to hang out with my teaching assistant. I have to stay home for 2 weeks now. This is just one example of how careful and meticulous everyone is.

By the way, I am not complaining at all. Currently, all of the KG teachers are working from home and have celebrated this and profusely thanked our coworker because none of us wanted to work from our classrooms anyway. Its bad timing because we all took the nucleic acid test a few weeks ago and it came back negative but I think he needs to retake it again.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #447
kevint

Quote:
I thought things were getting back to normal here in Beijing, we went a quite a few weeks with no local transmissions. People were all doing well maintaining distance, wearing a mask and just being safe but somehow another wave has hit.
We're maintaining our progress here in Jersey; our RO is now 0.7. The states that were initially spared while we got crushed are starting to get hit: GA, FL, AZ, etc. Florida has been seeing ~2000 new positives/day for the last few days. The shame of the matter is that these states could have learned from us but chose not to.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:48 AM   #448
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
I thought things were getting back to normal here in Beijing, we went a quite a few weeks with no local transmissions. People were all doing well maintaining distance, wearing a mask and just being safe but somehow another wave has hit. I was going back to my classroom to teach my students online through zoom, but now I am back teaching from home again.

The rest of the teachers at my school are still teaching from campus. Our Kindergarten teaching team got sent home because aone of the teachers lives in the same compound as someone who was discovered to have Covid-19 on the first day of this new outbreak. The patient lives over 1KM away from him, uses a completely different entrance in a separate section of the compound, additionally that whole family is now in the hospital.

So I am working from home because my coworker's teaching assistant went into my classroom to hang out with my teaching assistant. I have to stay home for 2 weeks now. This is just one example of how careful and meticulous everyone is.

By the way, I am not complaining at all. Currently, all of the KG teachers are working from home and have celebrated this and profusely thanked our coworker because none of us wanted to work from our classrooms anyway. Its bad timing because we all took the nucleic acid test a few weeks ago and it came back negative but I think he needs to retake it again.
how are things now? better I hope...
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote