The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
02 WS6 TA
Account Suspended

Drives: GM Stuff
Is it just me, or...

Do you guys see a need to move towards bringing all the generations of Camaro (and,*gasp* Firebird owners) together? After all, one of the reasons the Gen 5 came to market was largely based on consumer involvement and enthusiast cries to bring the Camaro back. I don't want to sound extremely negative, but the vibe I've gotten from many 5th Gen owners has been less than warm. Not on this site so much, but in real world situations- Passing on the road, at car shows, at the gas pump, etc... I have had more than a few looks down the nose by drivers in a Gen 5 while trying to compliment them-Guess they don't like my 4th (or 3rd Gen). We all know it was enthusiasts like everyone here that helped convince GM to bring back our beloved nameplate, and they rewarded our community with a home run. In order to keep the hype and community growing, I think it's everyone's duty as an owner, and enthusiast to continue to promote the growth within- Regardless of what generation you own, dream of owning, or simply admire. If you agree, lend a hand- Invite another person to share in the excitement of ownership and fellowship. If you don't agree, trade your car and buy a Corvette.
02 WS6 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Nah, dude. There are A-Holes all over the place. I've had OTHER 5TH GEN drivers thumb their nose at me. No joke. AND 4th Gen guys. A lot of people don't understand the 'Cousins' aspect of these cars. I see a G8, Caddy, Vette, or something like that and I gice the GM thumbs up but most don't get it. You'll find most on here like the TA/F-Birds and show respect. But in the real world there are just a lot of dicks.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
The other day I passed PQ on the highway and gave him the thumbs up...he gave me the finger!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
James4086

Drives: Black 2017 ZL1
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Camaro get part of its name from Camaraderie?!

I'm not just saying that the words are similar, I mean didn't the GM exec's actually say exactly that: "It represents the Camaraderie a man has with his car..."

Personally, I smile and wave at all Camaros, and Firebirds, maby it's just that southern hospitality here in Louisiana, but the first three posts really surprise me!
James4086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Dont get offended if I dont wave back, trying to keep my baby safe from all the idiot drivers on the road!
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
That's the "better than thou " syndrome. Dont let it get you down. Without the earlier generation cars what would be the point of the 2010 Camaro? Most people have a great admiration and respect of all cars old or new regardless of make or model.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
02 WS6 TA
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
That's the "better than thou " syndrome. Dont let it get you down. Without the earlier generation cars what would be the point of the 2010 Camaro? Most people have a great admiration and respect of all cars old or new regardless of make or model.
It doesn't get me down, but I must say, there'splenty of "Corvette Syndrone" Owners out there. Not to stereotype, but you get the idea. A few weeks back I had a guy in a V-6 Gen 5 tell me I "should trade up" when I was taking our 40K mile '00 SS to a local GTG. I fought back the tears- Of laughter.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Meh....be nice, polite, outgoing, etc...and if they act like an ass...then they're an ass. Simple as that -- and chances are there isn't anything you can do about it. MOST folks on here that I know of will welcome anybody into the family...

Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Like already mentioned, there are just some assholes out there. You should hear the way people talk to me when I pull them over in my Crown Vic.....oh wait...that don't count, does it?

Anyway, I'm of the car guy/gal sorts, if it looks good, I'll give it it's props..be it a 700 at the wheels horsepower WRX or a 225 or so horsepower c4 vette...a good looking car is a good looking car!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
02 WS6 TA
Account Suspended

Hahahahah...I'll bet.