Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-29-2016, 08:36 PM   #29
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Hey Becky, how long after your order is picked does gm give you an order number or build date.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:05 PM   #30
Toons
Speed Racer

Becky I'm a little confused, do the dealers already know what their Feb 9 allocation looks like, or do they magically find out their allocation on that day?
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #31
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seddon View Post
Hey Becky, how long after your order is picked does gm give you an order number or build date.
When an order is created..Order # is available
Build dates follow...after an order is placed -
with available allocation...

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #32
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toons View Post
Becky I'm a little confused, do the dealers already know what their Feb 9 allocation looks like, or do they magically find out their allocation on that day?
No...
They do NOT know the allocation - to a specific cycle..

They ONLY know
- IF or IF NOT -

Allocation is available in Phase II...

Dedicated Order Cycles for ZL1's

Example:
Dealer has 1 available allocation...
...it can be made available in any of the weeks listed..
- subject to constraints at that time.

Becky
Old 12-29-2016, 10:06 PM   #33
Toons
Speed Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
No...
They do NOT know the allocation - to a specific cycle..

They ONLY know
- IF or IF NOT -

Allocation is available in Phase II...

Dedicated Order Cycles for ZL1's

Example:
Dealer has 1 available allocation...
...it can be made available in any of the weeks listed..
- subject to constraints at that time.

Becky
Ok so to clarify on the quantity, the dealer knows for Phase II they will be allocated 6 cars for example, or would they only know they will have an allocation in Phase II with no idea of how many? I'm clear that the dealer has no idea in which cycle or cycles his allocation will be made available to them.

Sorry to pepper you with questions, but as you can guess, I can't get a straight answer from my dealer. I'm not sure they even know.
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #34
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Ok so to clarify on the quantity, the dealer knows for Phase II they will be allocated 6 cars for example, or would they only know they will have an allocation in Phase II with no idea of how many? I'm clear that the dealer has no idea in which cycle or cycles his allocation will be made available to them.

Sorry to pepper you with questions, but as you can guess, I can't get a straight answer from my dealer. I'm not sure they even know.
Important point you have to remember regarding dealer allocations is they are all based on the previous years Camaro sales. If your dealership is not selling any camaros than he will receive no allocations for Zl1s...

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:06 PM   #35
Jts138

Drives: 1979 Z28 (sold) 1985 IROC (sold)
So... I ordered my ZL1 today. I ordered it from my local dealer whom I have never been impressed with, however they claimed to have a allocation. I was unable to get a confirmation number because we have to wait for the general manager for that, who is out...

My concern is they don't appear to have a clue as to how this works. They just keep saying the car is on restriction and GM will take the order when that is lifted. I asked every way I could to ensure they had an allocation and at least understood that! The salesman said he will know when it shows up on the truck...

I should be much more excited, but I'm nervous as can be. Has anyone else experienced this?
Jts138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:09 PM   #36
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:

The allocation number is known to the dealer for Phase II.

They do not know - the order cycle - that they will be available.

Becky
Old 12-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #37
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
The allocation number is known to the dealer for Phase II.

They do not know - the order cycle - that they will be available.

Becky
Hmmmm wonder if they would tell me what that number is
Old 01-01-2017, 06:44 AM   #38
big50

Drives: 11 ZR1, 15 Hellcat Charger
I had a question about the previous dedicated ordering cycle that ended the week of December 22nd. My dealer said he had an allocation for a manual, so we had placed the order Friday the Dec. 23rd for which I have an order number. My understanding is that he would be able to place the order during that time frame as the dedicated ordering cycle would not end until Tuesday Dec. 27th. Thus far I have not hear anything about being elevated to 2000.
My question is can the order still be elevated to 2000 in the weeks before the Feb 09 DOC, since it was placed within the previous DOC? I understand this assumes that the dealer has a valid allocation.

Thank you for all of your help.
BIG50
big50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #39
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by big50 View Post
I had a question about the previous dedicated ordering cycle that ended the week of December 22nd. My dealer said he had an allocation for a manual, so we had placed the order Friday the Dec. 23rd for which I have an order number. My understanding is that he would be able to place the order during that time frame as the dedicated ordering cycle would not end until Tuesday Dec. 27th. Thus far I have not hear anything about being elevated to 2000.
My question is can the order still be elevated to 2000 in the weeks before the Feb 09 DOC, since it was placed within the previous DOC? I understand this assumes that the dealer has a valid allocation.

Thank you for all of your help.
BIG50
I see you already posted your order number in Becky's thread.

Quite sure it would be at 2000 now and other than some system lag I believe it should be 2000 by now and would not progress from 1100 until next cycle. I could be wrong so we'll see what Becky says. She's finally taken a well deserved day off today so might be tomorrow before you get an update.

Also the fact that you have an order number doesn't necessarily mean it's been "placed" against an allocation in the system. You could have gotten that a month ago when the order was created. Either way you have the number and can track it here. Sit back and enjoy the wait with the rest of us.

And Welcome...
Old 01-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #40
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Becky how do I check if the dealer I work at has an allocation .. if that's sensitive info you can private message me
First before anything make sure it's a reputable dealership(and not a Stealership) read your reviews and maybe just go check out the vibes you get from the people at the dealer your looking at(if it's not one you've ever used before) the dealerships with high volume sales for camaros and corvettes are the ones you'll have the best shot at having lots of allocation available. Good luck and welcome to the dreadful wait list
Old 01-01-2017, 06:05 PM   #41
JimW

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Was this directed to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android42019 View Post
First before anything make sure it's a reputable dealership(and not a Stealership) read your reviews and maybe just go check out the vibes you get from the people at the dealer your looking at(if it's not one you've ever used before) the dealerships with high volume sales for camaros and corvettes are the ones you'll have the best shot at having lots of allocation available. Good luck and welcome to the dreadful wait list
Old 01-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #42
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android42019 View Post
That's not totally true. I went with one that has a high volume of camaro and vette sales and they either only received one or I was lied to about my status on the order list. Dealerships will tell you anything you want to hear just to make a sale. And since my order did not get picked up and won't until February, I hope , I feel that I'm not as important as a sale today because I have yet to hear from the sales person since I sent him a text last Wednesday to see if I got picked up. He had told me thar it would be on Tuesday the 27th. I don't think he wanted to tell me either that they did not get an allocation at all or they gave mine to someone else. This has been very disappointing to me since they are a sponsor for our car club.

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet, zl1