Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-17-2020, 10:15 PM   #1
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quickjack Stuck

Hey everyone,
Has anyone had the issue of one/both of the quickjacks getting stuck in the upward position? I only used my set a few times so far and one is now locked in the lifted position. I’ve reached it to QJ and the feedback is very slow. Perhaps is QJ is looking, they can chime in. I’ve been emailing a rep named Cynthia. After taking her advice and trying several thing, I’m more than frustrated with this. The only good news is that my vehicle was not on it when it got stuck. However, I noticed the issue (creaking noise and very slow lowering) while my girl was up on it. Once I thankfully got her down, I raised the lifts up and now one won’t come down. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:57 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Hey everyone,
Has anyone had the issue of one/both of the quickjacks getting stuck in the upward position? I only used my set a few times so far and one is now locked in the lifted position. I’ve reached it to QJ and the feedback is very slow. Perhaps is QJ is looking, they can chime in. I’ve been emailing a rep named Cynthia. After taking her advice and trying several thing, I’m more than frustrated with this. The only good news is that my vehicle was not on it when it got stuck. However, I noticed the issue (creaking noise and very slow lowering) while my girl was up on it. Once I thankfully got her down, I raised the lifts up and now one won’t come down. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!
They tell you to NEVER raise it without a vehicle on it right in the instructions as it may damage the unit... That may be your cause...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:04 PM   #3
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone!!
If you stand on the jack and try to lower it, will it go down? Was the air cylinder pressurized to 50psi prior to lifting (this is to help bring the jack down with no load, which is typically at the bottom of travel).

Cynthia / QuickJack tech support are usually pretty quick to respond to questions or at least they were for me. They may be on reduced hours or reduced manpower due to current situation so maybe be a little patient with them. One of mine had a noisy seal and they replaced the hydraulic jack, but otherwise has been flawless.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:18 AM   #4
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
They tell you to NEVER raise it without a vehicle on it right in the instructions as it may damage the unit... That may be your cause...
This +!
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:53 AM   #5
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
If you stand on the jack and try to lower it, will it go down? Was the air cylinder pressurized to 50psi prior to lifting (this is to help bring the jack down with no load, which is typically at the bottom of travel).

Cynthia / QuickJack tech support are usually pretty quick to respond to questions or at least they were for me. They may be on reduced hours or reduced manpower due to current situation so maybe be a little patient with them. One of mine had a noisy seal and they replaced the hydraulic jack, but otherwise has been flawless.
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to first start by saying that I "don't" use these lifts without a vehicle on them. As I mentioned, I noticed a creaking noise coming from one of them while lifting / lowering them. I felt it best to get my vehicle off the lifts and go through the "setup" process again as seen in this video:

In doing so, the lift went up, up and up. But not down in any way. The first representative that I spoke with stated that there needs to be at least 300# on the lift in order to give it a good cycle. NO problem there because I stacked several bags of softener salt, PLUS I was standing on it with no luck getting it to come back down. What I've noticed is, when I charge up the air cylinder between 40 - 50 PSI, it's only a matter of minutes before it's back down to 0. I think the air is leaking past the seal on the gas cylinder.

vtirocz, it's possible that the same issue that you had is what I'm dealing with. However, my hydraulic jack may be too far gone, for whatever reason. Again, It's been less than a year since I've owned these and I've "maybe" used them 4 - 5 times since purchasing. I still like the lifts / concept. However, in their current state, they're useless.

Thanks again for all the feedback / ideas guys. I'm hopeful that QJ will be back with me soon for resolution.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:53 AM   #6
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
This +!
It's mentioned six times in the manual not to do that. Remove the hose fitting on the cyl slowly to bleed off oil. Also in the manual you need to lube the pivot points often or they rust and get cranky. Check the Schrader valve (core) and make sure it's tight and not leaking down.

Last edited by Warrior102; 04-18-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #7
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I was told by quickjack to never go past the halfway point without a vehicle on the lift. When I lube mine up (twice a year), I'll cycle it a handful of times and so far no problems. Mine also loses air pressure on the cylinders that help lower the unit and have since I bought it. With that said, mine will still lower just fine but to be safe, I'll add air anyways before I use it. I should try some new valve cores and see if that's the fix or not.

Op, another thing to check is your fluid reservoir breather. I've forgotten a couple of times to open it before use. That could prevent the lifts from lowering. The other thing to try is just start stacking weight on the lifts with anything and everything, or a couple of people on each one.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:37 PM   #8
SHE'Z 18

Thanks everyone for the feedback / ideas. As of now, I've tried just about everything, including what QJ Technical Service suggested. SilveradoSS, that's a good call about opening the pump vent. I can see how that would definitely be an issue when trying to lower them. After pressurizing it to 45 psi, I've stacked 4 salt bags and stood on this thing (nearly 350#) while pushing the down button and I can get this thing to budge at all. For whatever reason, it's not moving at all. I'm convinced that there's something wrong with the lift cylinder. But for the little use and the fact that I've taken good care of this system, I can't tell you why. Perhaps it was the luck of the draw. Regardless, I'm waiting to hear back from QJ and will let everyone know their response / resolution.

Be safe out there...
Old 04-18-2020, 02:28 PM   #9
M1nd64m3

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
I got both of mine stuck the first time I used it, mine never came with the big warning page saying not to put them up without a vehicle.

I pulled the hoses off the jacks, cracked open the bleeders and stood on the jack and hit it with a rubber mallet, once it moved enough it came down on its own. This made a hell of a mess in the garage since fluid will come out of the bleeder as you hammer it.
M1nd64m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:49 PM   #10
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nd64m3 View Post
I got both of mine stuck the first time I used it, mine never came with the big warning page saying not to put them up without a vehicle.

I pulled the hoses off the jacks, cracked open the bleeders and stood on the jack and hit it with a rubber mallet, once it moved enough it came down on its own. This made a hell of a mess in the garage since fluid will come out of the bleeder as you hammer it.
I may give that a go tomorrow. Thanks!!
Old 04-26-2020, 12:00 AM   #11
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
What a problem.
Up is always better than down
Wife is a happy woman I bet!

Lol.
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:19 PM   #12
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I'm wondering.....are these things made in China?
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:31 PM   #13
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I'm wondering.....are these things made in China?
Made in USA, So Cal to be specific
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote