Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
*How to use PayPal's friends and family service, and still have your money protected*

I hope this becomes a sticky and prevents someone from losing out on some cash.

For those people who use PayPal, and chose to send the money as "friends and family". There is a way to protect yourself from fraud.

Simply fund the transaction using a VISA or MASTERCARD, debit, credit, or prepaid card, instead of having it drafted from your bank account.

Should you get con'd or scammed, you can simply call your cardholder's bank, and tell them you never recieved your goods, and file a dispute. You will win the dispute, and in turn will receive your money back.

This way, if you're seller insists on you sending it friends and family, and your too cheap to pay the fee for sending it as "goods and services", your still protected.

Ask me how I know....

I hope this helps someone from getting scammed.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #2
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Good tip! Appreciate it.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
Woodley99

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Nice tip thanks! 👍

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ARH LT headers, TSP Stage 3 231/236 3 bolt cam, .660 dual springs titanium retainers, TSP rocker trunion upgrade, 3" exhaust no cats with flowmaster mufflers. Vmax TB, MTI plug wires, 160 stat, tr55 plugs, Vararam CAI. Eiabech 1" lowering springs. Elite catch can. ZL1 style spoiler. Street Scene front splitter. LED afterburners. HPT tuned by Geoff at Next Level Performance 470 rwhp 434 rwtq
Woodley99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Good tip! Appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley99 View Post
Nice tip thanks! ��

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Honestly, it never occurred to me, that I was still protected. I had a similar issue. It had nothing to do with C5, but it was for an online gaming account. To make a long story short, the supervisor's, supervisor, I was talking to at PayPal, was like, "hey by the way, your protected under the VISA./MASTERCARD, cardholders agreement."

I often wonder how many people who don't know that, just end up getting bent over, because of that little piece of information.

What's cool is, when you file your dispute with the bank, PayPal answers other end of the complaint/claim. So it ultimately ends up being in their hands anyway! They know that you got taken advantage of, and want to help you. You can submit things like text message screenshots, or skype chat screenshots, even email conversations, and all of that is used as evidence for your side of the story.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 08-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Earlier this year tried to buy a wickerbill from a person on here....made the mistake of trying to buy w/friends option from Paypal...was able to get money back from my credit union Visa very easily....learned a lesson
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Good info.
I happily pay an extra 2-3% to cover the fees. I want that security, and the seller knows too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #7
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Good info.
I happily pay an extra 2-3% to cover the fees. I want that security, and the seller knows too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Honestly, knowing that I am covered by the VISA Mastercard holders agreement, I have no issues sending as friends and family now.

Build thread