Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #71
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
13 years of driving trucks... to a 2SS/RS

For me it has been a rough transition... In truth I still much prefer the feel and comfort of the elevated seat height as well as the visibility of a Truck and the softer ride.

Parking a big truck is still a lot easier for me than parking the beast. I'm talking extended bed with a Canopy. I find it easier parking in reverse, forward, or parallel. You don't have to worry so much about the trucks body making contact with a curb, or anything else near the ground... And truck mirror's are just so much more helpful, as you can see EVERYTHING.

I like the vantage point of the trucks... as they ride a lot higher off the ground.. and driving in a city with so many bumpy roads... another advantage I have to give to trucks.... Half the time in the Camaro I feel like I'm driving over train-tracks all day. In the Camaro I feel like every little tiny pebble or crack in the road shakes the world I'm driving in. Some days that can be annoying.

Plus in the Camaro sitting so low.. I find myself straining to see certain things that would just be in plain sight in a truck. I end up having to strain to adjust myself to bring my head down and get it out the window or ducking down to see traffic lights thru the turret like windows. From certain angles, checking oncoming traffic from a rear merger on highways is impossible.. and from some angles parked facing the curb on a downhill.... you can't from any angle see oncoming traffic approaching from behind.. so reversing out... you kind of take a leap of faith and hope for the best.

All complaints aside?? A truck does not provide the emotional satisfaction that a Camaro does.. when driving it... It's a different world.. It is definately not a practical transition truck to camaro... but it definately a SEXY transition.. The power/speed/handling are all so amazing to feel. The look & sexy factor & attention is amazing.. And the history of a Camaro gives you something to take pride in that I cannot really think of any truck that could compare whatsoever....

In my honest opinion? Truck to Camaro really has to be a choice of passion, as it is definately not a choice of reason. I could not live with a Camaro if I didn't have a truck to Borrow at least... (Borrow the families truck) Some things you just can't do in a sports/muscle car. And somethings you just wouldn't dare put it through.

And just for the record.. I've had my car since early September of 09 until present. I have only about 5,700km on it which is even less in miles... (It was pretty much hibernating in the garage for the winter in those summer pirelli's) so the beast has just come back out to play recently.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #72
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
Traded my 07 Colorado-The ONLY thing is I don't have a way to haul stuff, like broken limbs, trash, etc. When you have a big yard and a 3 BR house, trucks are incredibly useful. BUT I couldn't resist! My ABM LS is PERFECT!
ga0358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #73
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
went from a SUV (Cayenne) to the Camaro.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #74
ratlover

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS 6 speed
I bought a 94 ext cab gasser as a daily driver to keep the car nice. I did trade an 06 chevy duramax in on the camaro and had an 03 duramax before that. I've pretty much alway been a truck guy. I enjoy driving the car over the dmax trucks in most ways but I do miss a few things. First is visibility, the lines of the car that look so good also make it a PITA to see outa and the mirrors suck for visibilty compared to the big dumbo ears I am used to. Second is my trucks smoked. A lot. It was a great anti tailgating device lol. Last is the power, witch most people think would be atvantage camaro but one truck ran 12's and the other ran 11's so I need to do some mods. Its bad if my daily driven plow truck has more nuts than my new camaro lol

Over all though this car is pure sex on wheels. Its just a hot car that gets tons of looks and I really do enjoy driving it.
ratlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #75
CaMeRoN187

Drives: 2011 SW 1LT
ill be switching from a mountineer to a 1lt soon when i sat in the camaro at the local dealer i felt at home
CaMeRoN187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #76
wytecraka

Drives: 2010 ss l99
out of an 05 suburban into the ss. only had it a few days, but i always feel like im about to clip a mailbox or trashcan. i could squeeze the burb in some redic spots but i always feel like im going to hit something in the ss. it sure is fast tho.
wytecraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #77
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
My last three vehicles have been trucks. I have been driving trucks since 1982.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #78
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Out of an '06 Colorado into the SS. Major adjustment for sure...

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote