Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #15
blakjak55
drinks virgil's

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
No problems here either. Calibrated and roll on SP5 all the time except when it's wet and slick out. No tune on mine though so I can't speak to that part.

SP5 will make the nannies work overtime.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #16
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy01438 View Post
Do you have a tune on the car? After I added my bolt-ons and tune I asked about the VTC. The guys at Jannety racing told me that there was no need for it and it would only cause problems. They said there tune helps compensate for the throttle response, so I never purchased it.

Problems like a CEL? Thats the worst that's happened so far....

For 180 dollars, whats the real risk? With a money back guarantee your outta pocket postage and a few check engine lights, worst case scenario. And for what its worth, you can change your throttle response with a tune, but the VTC does it a lot better. A lot of tuners will tell you you dont need it and that they dont work. Not the case.

Saying that a tune helps "compensate" for throttle response is kinda like saying that nitrous helps "compensate" for a supercharger so dont bother. They are two seperate mods.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:36 PM   #17
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
I returned mine and got my money back after having it on for a while. Problems don't start to show right away, just remember that...
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #18
krisprz2010camaross

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Problems like a CEL? Thats the worst that's happened so far....

For 180 dollars, whats the real risk? With a money back guarantee your outta pocket postage and a few check engine lights, worst case scenario. And for what its worth, you can change your throttle response with a tune, but the VTC does it a lot better. A lot of tuners will tell you you dont need it and that they dont work. Not the case.

Cels aren't just what happens, you also get reduced power mode and that can be dangerous when driving on the freeway or in traffic when it happens randomly.(believe me)
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
GM 3.91 gears
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
Old 05-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #19
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
Cels aren't just what happens, you also get reduced power mode and that can be dangerous when driving on the freeway or in traffic when it happens randomly.(believe me)
REP is there as a safety measure, to this day I haven't heard one single case where someone has gotten into an accident from REP. If that were the case GM would take if off their cars.

Think about it, a safety measure that's unsafe?? It may have scared you, but slowing down is not like locking up your wheels and coming to a complete stop with traffic doing 100 mph behind you.

It cracks me up when I hear people say that going into REP is unsafe. Its just another safety measure that we all think is BS. But hardly a life threatening situation.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 05-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #20
krisprz2010camaross

Quote:
REP is there as a safety measure, to this day I haven't heard one single case where someone has gotten into an accident from REP. If that were the case GM would take if off their cars.

Think about it, a safety measure that's unsafe?? It may have scared you, but slowing down is not like locking up your wheels and coming to a complete stop with traffic doing 100 mph behind you.

It cracks me up when I hear people say that going into REP is unsafe. Its just another safety measure that we all think is BS. But hardly a life threatening situation.

Yes , I know it's a safety feature and the Camaro/gm vehicles aren't the only ones that have this feature. And I never said it was unsafe but dangerous at the very least. I have gone in rep in the middle of an intersection and had people honking at me to move out of the way, while I was moving slow since it doesn't let you go faster than 24mph(yes, its not that slow..). I know that it doesn't lock up your brakes, but it does take you by surprise and people around you once you start slowing down all of a sudden. Just because you haven't heard of an accident caused somewhat by the rep not only for gm cars but other car companies that have this feature, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. For sure I know it's damn annoying, especially when you know the possible cause(vtc. just saying) But whatever, you can think what you want and so will I.
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
GM 3.91 gears
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
Old 05-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #21
1KillerSS

Whats the difference between unsafe and dangerous?

Also what happens if your car stalls?

I get your point, REP is no fun, annoying and gives you that feeling of no control. But your saying that its dangerous. We will agree to disagree.

Build thread
Old 05-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #22
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I have a Jannetty tune and a VMax TB and I can def feel the VTC. Unless Ted never tuned my TB, but I highly doubt that
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #23
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
What are they doing with all the returned ones? Are they reselling them as recondition ones at half price? Or selling them as new? Some one should ask these questions. And when you post no problems do you not have a tune. If you have problems do you have a tune or not.

I was going to get one. But decided to wait on the outcome of problems & comments. I have a New Era tune on my L99 and I don't believe I could be more pleased the way of my throttle response & the way it snaps the head. TC locked out and use tap shift paddles all the time.[Burn Rubber]
Old 05-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #24
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I have a Jannetty tune and a VMax TB and I can def feel the VTC. Unless Ted never tuned my TB, but I highly doubt that
I would be very surprised if Ted tuned your throttle settings, not just Ted but any tuner. Most wont touch them, going to far can brick your PCM.Its not one of the more common tuning options. Does SCT even give you the option to tune your throttle settings?

Build thread
Old 05-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #25
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I believe it doesn't. When I installed the VTC the car felt like a whole new animal.

Quote:
I would be very surprised if Ted tuned your throttle settings, not just Ted but any tuner. Most wont touch them, going to far can brick your PCM.Its not one of the more common tuning options. Does SCT even give you the option to tune your throttle settings?
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:11 PM   #26
Jaybird4u

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
I have had the VTC installed now for 4 months with zero problems. Love it! I also have a tune and Ported TB. Diffently feel the difference.
Jaybird4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:20 PM   #27
camaronick92

Drives: 2011 2ss blue
6 months in sp9 daily no problems at all
camaronick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #28
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
7 months problem free on my daily driver. ADM tune, ported throttle body and most of the standard bolt ons. Usually drive in sp5 and it does make a difference.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro5