Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
thebluecamaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
Whining noise upon acceleration?

I hear this whining noise (like a faint supercharger noise) when the A/C is on.
Intensity increases as the RPMS increase.

Could this be the belt?

The A/C blows cold air.
thebluecamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Some people complain about the blower motor whining. My car does it. See if the sound depends on fan speed
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
Gasoholic

Drives: o
Doesn't really sound like a belt problem the way you described it. But could be wrong. Easy enough to replace the belt. Well, sort of easy. It's a stretch fit so if you've never swapped one before it might not seem so easy. They make a special tool for it.
My truck has a noise from the A/C that I first thought it was coming from the trans. It only does it in 1st and 2nd. Sort of groans right before it shifts.
I figured out it was actually coming from the A/C compressor and not the trans. Its weird. But I figure as long as it works I'll keep driving it. A/C season is almost over anyway.
Gasoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoholic View Post
Doesn't really sound like a belt problem the way you described it. But could be wrong. Easy enough to replace the belt. Well, sort of easy. It's a stretch fit so if you've never swapped one before it might not seem so easy. They make a special tool for it.
My truck has a noise from the A/C that I first thought it was coming from the trans. It only does it in 1st and 2nd. Sort of groans right before it shifts.
I figured out it was actually coming from the A/C compressor and not the trans. Its weird. But I figure as long as it works I'll keep driving it. A/C season is almost over anyway.
But.. you will need the AC for defogging your windows in those cold MI winters!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, camaro, camaro5, conditioning