The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
MY C7 SHIPPED/EN ROUTE!!!

Well, finally, my C7 is "Shipped/En Route" according to the Chevrolet Tracking Website. Yesterday, it was still at "Queued for Production." Since then, it has bypassed "Production Complete" and moved to "Shipped/En Route."

This is my C7. Fortunately, it shall cost $3,200 less than shown as I shall not be charged the $3,200 increase including the Z51, AND, I got $1,000 below MSRP (I may have mentioned this in previous threads). So, my C7 shall cost $75,520 rather than $79,720 as shown for a total savings of $4,200. Ill try not to spend too much of that savings on mods, but I already have purchased a Hurst 7 speed shifter and I don't yet even have the car. My dealer says it shall change out the shifter for me. I'll probably add black or carbon fiber front and side splitters that Chevy shall be offering in '15. As this already is a highly optioned C7, I can't see modifying it too much. I plan to change the front grill chrome strip as it looks like teeth braces to me, and either paint it body color or black, or tape it black, or get a carbon fiber replacement when available, and if so, please let me know if anyone offers a carbon fiber chrome bar replacement or carbon fiber full grill replacement. I like the grill, just not the chrome center bar.

One thing, my dealer says it shall combine some of the options that now come in a package to save me money. I ordered the indoor cover, Stingray center caps, and underhood liner; and shall add the decklid liner. All four come in a package, and if I add the decklid liner, I shall get it at a reduced price as part of a package. My dealer has been really good, but it is amazed I stuck with it for all this wait time, and so it says it shall be really good to me. It may not have hurt that I happen to be funding 5 year $1,000 college scholarships to one of its favorite charities based on community service and not GPA as I figure anyone who gets into college and "pays it forward" in volunteer community service deserves help if needed.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...wSWQiOm51bGx9@

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-29-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote