Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-07-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Dominant_Panda

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Super 44's?

I have a set of Flowmaster Super 44's for my 2012 Camaro 1LS, but my problem is finding a decent exhaust shop that is qualified and willing to do the exhaust work to put them on. The two problems I am running into is the shops either say "they wont fit", "it's not possible", or "I'm afraid to mess something up", "It seems like a lot of work", "Are you going to sue me if something goes wrong?". Being 20 years old and paying out a decent amount of money for a brand new camaro is not helping me on this one i'm sure, everyone thinks "daddy bought it" ect....

But furthermore to get to the point does anyone have pictures of a set of Flowmaster 40's or 44's that I can use as example to show these idiots that they will work, I have seen a couple of videos showing them put on, but I can't take a video to an exhaust shop obviously. It also seems that the routing for all 5th gen camaro's is basically the same, so anything would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dominant_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
Shouldn't be that much of a problem, I've seen them on a couple of 1LS's.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Dominant_Panda

Lazy mechanics

Yeah I agree with you completely, I think my issue is that they want to just cut the mufflers out and not completely re-route from axle-back, which is obviously what needs to be done.

Anyone with pics?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
SirZeusor

shop for someone you feel comfy with.
then pick.
best odds.
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
cl1motor

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
Most exhaust shops are afraid of custom exhaust work. I've found that the lesser known shops tend to be really good at what they do, and don't mind custom work. They just don't advertise.
cl1motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
Dominant_Panda

I think you guys missed the point. Is there anyone with pictures???
Old 07-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
I have super44s... the pictures in my journal thread were taken at night and don't show too well. I also had a custom cat-back made with 2.5" piping at the same time, so I can't comment on how difficult or easy it would be to fit them in with the stock tubing (the tubing was completed after we had the mufflers where we wanted them to fit). That being said, they are definitely a tight fit and need to be installed carefully. Even with a good exhaust shop, mine do show a bit from the back if you're looking from straight behind the car. This is barely noticeable, however, because I bought the black-finish super44s. Hope this is a bit more help. I will try to take a daytime picture for you after work, or maybe on lunch.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
8047sconic

Drives: 2012 camaro rs lt1
i had super 44s on my car and it sounded like a annoying honda... i had it put on one day and then taken off the next now im scared to even put a exhaust on my car coz youll never get the "muscle car" sound out of a v6
8047sconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
BlAcK MaMbA SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS RS L99
Send a message via MSN to BlAcK MaMbA SS Send a message via Yahoo to BlAcK MaMbA SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8047sconic View Post
i had super 44s on my car and it sounded like a annoying honda... i had it put on one day and then taken off the next now im scared to even put a exhaust on my car coz youll never get the "muscle car" sound out of a v6
True that, it is difficult to really get that muscle sound out of a V6, I have 44's on my SS and they sound bad a$$. But i think if you get some headers, some LT headers and then the exhaust you should be able to get a better rumble.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8047sconic View Post
did you run a resonator with it? if not, I understand your statement. Without some kind of resonator (a magnaflow cross-flow muffler is popular choice here as a resonator), the v6 gets very raspy and loud very quickly. mine is very mild rumble at idle, and sounds good at WOT
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
MRT v1 for loud or MRT v2 for a quieter yet, similiar to the v1...done
Old 07-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Dominant_Panda

They are singing!

Just got back from the exhaust shop this morning, (a good friend called in a favor from an off the map exhaust guy), and the difference is night and day. Very little drone (just enough to love it), and the tone is a beautiful low chop. So much for you guys that said i would never get muscle car sound out of my LS, cause it beats out of my friend's stock SS on sound!

Will upload pics and videos soon, thanks again everyone!