The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask AL

Old 12-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #43
D K

Drives: C5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Exactly. The ZL1 1LE (very stiff springs / DSSV shocks) needs the ZL1 1LE wheel/tire combo (or similar) to perform well. This highlights the importance of matching the tires to the suspension tuning and tuning the package as a whole.

You can drive a base SS w/ ZL1 1LE suspension kit alone on base SS wheels/tires faster than an SS 1LE? I doubt it.

Add the ZL1 1LE wheel/tire kit or even the SS 1LE wheel/tire kit and I'd believe it.
I think that's part of the problem with this test...

All the cars should be on the same tires.
Ideally 2 tests each - one with stickys, one with regular tires.
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #44
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Individual Part Numbers ??

Does anyone know what the individual GM part numbers are for the pieces in the SS lowering kit (shocks, struts, springs, nuts, bolts, washers)? It was asked earlier in the thread, but I'm guessing it got lost in all the track time conspiracy theories

Looking for the parts in the non-mag, coupe, 1ss kit (84203549).
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #45
Snrub

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, '94 Miata Race Car
^ This thread contains seriously high quality info. I agree, the moderators should clean up this thread. Why would the Camaro team to risk an extraordinary effort in the future, only to have it polluted?

Part number is 84225254 from here https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...aro/suspension, you'll have to do some digging to find the individual part numbers.
Snrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #46
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 10 Legacy 2.5GT, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Exactly. The ZL1 1LE (very stiff springs / DSSV shocks) needs the ZL1 1LE wheel/tire combo (or similar) to perform well. This highlights the importance of matching the tires to the suspension tuning and tuning the package as a whole.
It's likely even more basic than that. Expecting 1LE-levels of cornering & handling performance from 40mm narrower (and taller profile) tires on 1.5" narrower wheels - with any GM approved-for-release suspension - sounds unreasonably optimistic to me. Even if all of the tires were the same make & model.

Norm
Old 01-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #47
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
On a different note. My 2012 RS V6 was a track beast (pic below), Mike can attest to this. he was there at those track events. It had BMR 3 way adjustable suspension sways, and BMR lowering race (track) springs. Goodrich G-force tires on the 20in OEM RS spokes. Muffler delete, Air intake, Vitesse throttle controller, Stock OEM shock (FE2). We had a race driver at one of our Camaro club event several years ago, and he couldn't upset it even when he hit the apex curbs. It would lap Texas world speedway in the lower 2 min times.
I traded it for the new 6 gens, left it stock. Took it to TWS again where ran more consistant times, only 3 secs quicker than my more modified 5th gen, of course, we know why. But it was phenomenal to just buy a stock car take it to the track to do better than the one I spend thousands on to run on the Road course. Btw, this was also a V6 (auto). the previous car was a manual. The only complaint was that the auto would heat up after the 6th-7th lap and I would have to bring it in.