The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 08-22-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Signature Pic question?

So, I see several members on here have nice size pics of their ride in their signature. I have tried to attach a properly sized pic to my sig (max of 700 x 200 pixels or 146.5 kb which ever is smaller) and have resized a pic of my new 1LE accordingly. It actually was even SMALLER than that stipulation but it gets cropped to a set size no matter how I resize or crop my pic.

Here is what I wanted to put in my sig which is 351 x 198 pixels and only 35.9 Kb. Yet - it crops it and only shows a fraction of the pic. (See my sig below.)

And I've attached what my signature looks like in preview but it still slices it to the fractional view.

Why does it do that? What am I doing incorrectly? I've even resized the pic down to half of what I'm attempting to attach and even then it barely gets the entire car in the finished sig?
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Try removing the text and see if it posts the whole pic.
I had to mess around for a while to get mine to work.

Also this is in the wrong section.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Try removing the text and see if it posts the whole pic.
I had to mess around for a while to get mine to work.
Also this is in the wrong section.
My apologies - if you are a mod please feel free to relocate this thread? Iwas frustrated with the feature not working as I hoped and just submitted the post seeking help.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
My apologies - if you are a mod please feel free to relocate this thread? Iwas frustrated with the feature not working as I hoped and just submitted the post seeking help.
Not a mod, just trying to get you to where you can get better help on this issue.
Making my sig I put the text in first and then inserted the pic using the "center" command for the pic. It seemed that was the only way I could get the text and pic at the same time.

Nice 1LE by the way.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Not a mod, just trying to get you to where you can get better help on this issue.
Making my sig I put the text in first and then inserted the pic using the "center" command for the pic. It seemed that was the only way I could get the text and pic at the same time.

Nice 1LE by the way.
Thank you! I’ll try your suggestion.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #6
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Well, I tried centering plus shortened the text but as you can see, I still have the
same problem.
Weird.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
So, I see several members on here have nice size pics of their ride in their signature. I have tried to attach a properly sized pic to my sig (max of 700 x 200 pixels or 146.5 kb which ever is smaller) and have resized a pic of my new 1LE accordingly. It actually was even SMALLER than that stipulation but it gets cropped to a set size no matter how I resize or crop my pic.

Here is what I wanted to put in my sig which is 351 x 198 pixels and only 35.9 Kb. Yet - it crops it and only shows a fraction of the pic. (See my sig below.)

And I've attached what my signature looks like in preview but it still slices it to the fractional view.

Why does it do that? What am I doing incorrectly? I've even resized the pic down to half of what I'm attempting to attach and even then it barely gets the entire car in the finished sig?
Don't ask why its taken me more than 4 months to find your question.

Signatures are limited to 200 pixels in total height. That is, signature + text. Anything beyond the limit gets cut off. Generally, people list their text in a single line (either at the top or bottom), or incorporate it into their signature picture. In your case, you could probably use something as simply as MS paint to put your text beside your picture as it is much narrower than the limit (which is 700 pixels wide)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote