The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #99
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
The following are my ways of handling situations... This is not universal.... Rule 13 of the rules of posting....

There's a public warning, the PM warning and the official warning... Technically all of them are written but two are less formal....

The public warning is usually for me a suitable comment related to the thread... and then I'll move the thread to the proper location and mention that part in the comment as well.

The second warning, the pm is a courteous comment to the person with direction to consider where they post threads....

The last one is a formal warning infraction with what they did wrong and potential future infraction penalties....

These are all specific to and determined by the individual moderator.... We do support each others decisions...

Further penalties are bans for predetermined days or days decided by the moderator... or a potential permanent-ban.....

Since multiple accounts are not permitted, we can usually count on trouble makers to start a new account within a few days, often within hours.... We will usually find these within hours or days as well.... It all depends on the individual.... Some are savvy and hang around with a second account for quite a while... Others, I've banned a few, with a note in their signature comments about why they were banned before they receive their email notification.

I moved one the other day literally three days ago, and sent the guy a pm.... He fired a nasty pm back to me asking why I didn't edit out the bad parts and save the thread.... There are roughly 200,000 members on three sites and 15 of us.... I'm not editing anyones post that cant read the rules and follow them... well not someone with all of "1" post....I fired back and copied the site owner and another moderator... His leash is very short, like I have a hand on the collar....

If a member I know is pushing buttons I might edit out forbidden parts and mention it, or laugh and they laugh with me.... Or... go to the above if needed.... Most times, they realize I'm just another guy trying to keep the site friendly and user compatible....

First and foremost, I'm a Camaro owner and enthusiast... I joined this site just like everyone else.... Very early on, I even had a thread that devolved a bit and it was locked... I think it's still on here.... so after about two years, I was contacted by another moderator via personal phone and asked if I would be willing to assist in moderating the site, so here I am.... but I'm still an enthusiast and owner operator of a Camaro...
Is there an appeals process? Is one allowed outside representation? How do we know there is TRUE JUSTICE!!!
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:32 PM   #100
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I was banned for alleged bullying. How can one grown man bully another grown man on the internet. And the alleged victim was somebody I joked with all the time haha.
Just got a warning from this thread hahahhaa
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #101
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Is there an appeals process? Is one allowed outside representation? How do we know there is TRUE JUSTICE!!!
Appeals yes, if they are done in a respectful manner, and often times this will lead to a reversal if there is a legitimate excuse or reason for whatever occurred.... There is member with a second account I'm aware of... however, something is wrong with his first account and he literally duplicated his user name and the old account was in good standing, and through no fault of his, he can't post.... Therefore, I choose to ignore the fact that he started a duplicate acct.

The members are not informed of the disciplinary actions against other members.... This is not hallway justice.... As a privately owned site, the first amendment does not apply... and the rules are pretty well stated.... We just try to keep the site, user friendly to all... new members and veterans.... as well as to keep it orderly....

Outside representation is not permitted as again, we do not discuss infractions or warnings with anyone....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #102
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Appeals yes, if they are done in a respectful manner, and often times this will lead to a reversal if there is a legitimate excuse or reason for whatever occurred.... There is member with a second account I'm aware of... however, something is wrong with his first account and he literally duplicated his user name and the old account was in good standing, and through no fault of his, he can't post.... Therefore, I choose to ignore the fact that he started a duplicate acct.

The members are not informed of the disciplinary actions against other members.... This is not hallway justice.... As a privately owned site, the first amendment does not apply... and the rules are pretty well stated.... We just try to keep the site, user friendly to all... new members and veterans.... as well as to keep it orderly....

Outside representation is not permitted as again, we do not discuss infractions or warnings with anyone....
Really? I was just kidding around...LOL.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #103
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Really? I was just kidding around...LOL.

I know, I was accommodating the foolishness at the same time...

It's all good... My wife is binge watching 911, so I'm on here.... Don't care for the show.... I am a retired FF / Paramedic and I see the need they have for a case expert to help design their events.... The drama is the real show, but the events are so far fetched....

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 08-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #104
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again. Tran and the mods drove all the members with character away (bowtiebelle, austinjames, etc). They let the little power they had on a internet forum go to their head and slowly people just got tired of it and left. Such a shame...
Bwahahahahaha, another one with all the answers. 200,000 members on three sites, and the two or three you know made the site what it is.... WOW... what an inflated ego... Run along now....

Old 08-05-2018, 08:46 PM   #105
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892(2) View Post
Make camaro5 great again
That is awesome
Old 08-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #106
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
As a privately owned site, the second amendment does not apply.....and the rules are pretty well stated.... We just try to keep the site, user friendly to all... new members and veterans.... as well as to keep it orderly....

Wait a minute, first amendment? Did the forum use interrogation squads for discipline before?

;o)

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:46 PM   #107
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Wait a minute, first amendment? Did the forum use firing squads for discipline before?

;o)

-Don
Only for PWA bad boys.... Waterboard their backsides right off the site....

Old 08-05-2018, 10:10 PM   #108
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

LOL, I yield....

-Don
Old 08-05-2018, 11:36 PM   #109
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post

LOL, I yield....

-Don
Dammit, damnit, I got it... bwahahaha... lol... I’m old... and slow quite often... but you can’t prove anything...

Old 08-05-2018, 11:43 PM   #110
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

The power of the ‘editors pen’ ;o)

You dirty dog you ;o)

-Don
Old 08-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #111
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Bwahahahahaha, another one with all the answers. 200,000 members on three sites, and the two or three you know made the site what it is.... WOW... what an inflated ego... Run along now....
So you think the mods and the way this place was run had nothing to do with the decline of this forum? Despite the dozens of threads we can find on other sites complaining about?
Old 08-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #112
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
So you think the mods and the way this place was run had nothing to do with the decline of this forum? Despite the dozens of threads we can find on other sites complaining about?
LMAO, no, we get lots of positive feedback from members who are glad the drama drones are not here. They report being glad the kids here for the social life only that could not care less about the Camaro or cars in general are not here. Dozens of threads complaining about a site with 200,000 members is a pretty small amount don't you think. I'll bet most, if not all, are from members banned from here for childish, nasty, or rude behavior well outside of the established rules of this site.

You see one side of it. You hear one side of it. Then you run off to an alternative site made up of members no longer welcome here because they could not or would not follow our simple rules, and suddenly it's out fault. Sounds like you and those like you are projecting.... Refusing to accept responsibility for your own actions, and up the establishment when things don't go your way.... Sounds like a very common theme these days. We honestly do not care about the things said on other sites or facebook or instagram or twitter or any other kid site. Show me any site related to the Camaro with the same activity of this site. Go ahead, I'll wait....

We still have lots of die hard members who appreciate the friendly site without the drama and BS some folks bring.

You see, we expected the pace of the site to drop off as that is what naturally happens as a car ages.... New models come out and some folks move on.... Lots of our members are still here, they just moved over to Camaro6, or Corvette 7 as their primary sites. Lots of the folks who refused to or were incapable of following the rules either moved on of their own volition, or got tired of the others people here bringing the drama, or they were were forcibly removed for the aforementioned reasons.

But you have the audacity to come in here with all your worldly knowledge and tell us how we destroyed this forum.... LMAO, whatever.... Always remember, there are two sides to every story, and we don't discuss infractions or pm conversations with general members.... Contrary to your thoughts, because of the way the site is run, GM recognizes this site and the members and they arrive in force to our annual Camaro Fest Gathering... The allow the top brass members of the Camaro team to attend. We are welcomed to Bowling Green every year. We are recognized and welcomed because of our decorum and the way things are managed around here, not due to the way some part time member with a bunch of friends who are former members thinks we should run the site.