Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 07-31-2015, 02:52 PM   #71
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Well it's been said that cars these days have no soul. And part of that is due to folks being worried about everything but driving while behind the wheel. Half of this technology has no place in a car and it's actually pretty pathetic that some people couldn't do without it. It's kind of like CD players missing from some vehicles these days. Nothing like paying for premium audio to play garbage format audio files through it.
Buy a FLAC or OGG audio player, they've also got higher quality DACs & amps so they'll sound better with headphones
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #72
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Time for the latest fun posts from ThePill

Pills latest predictions posted up today:

Quote:
Originally I had heard $36,505 to $37,995 for the 1SS. I was under the impression that was a range for the projected base. I had heard the 2SS won't pass $39,995 and they seemed pretty firm on that. I never inquired about the other two levels but I remember a lot of numbers being thrown around.

I am pretty sure their hearts are set on $36,505. Chevy presented that info at the first Media event, also reported by Automobile Mag. That would make a $3500 2SS pack right at $39,995.

However, they may have broken that basement $36,505 and gotten closer to $37k. I also assume these include destination because the Mustang's MSRP that was referenced was including its destination. I would think those that brag about the Camaro would be as Apples to Apples as possible. The also said a $2000 increase from the 2015, 36,505 was the specific number they used and 2000 from that is the old MSRP at $34,505 w/Destination.

Destination will be lower this year, $825 vs. $925.

They also told the media the V6 would be around 3600 and the SS would be 3700. The V6 was the first one done and closest to complete at the time. A lot has changed since April...
A 2K to 3,500 dollar increase on a 1SS??? Wow!!!

So this would mean all of those "V6 lost nearly 300lbs" statements are completely and utterly false, and not even close if the V6 can't get much under 3,600 pounds, when the current car starts at a bit over 3,700....anyways...

He knows this because:
Quote:
I'm going to be honest with you, the same people at GM that leaked the 110 inch wheelbase, all the track changes and the MSRP targets are the same GM people that keep me up to date on weight. I'm not really guessing, just regurgitating info from a reliable source.
I tell you what, this guy has sources everywhere. I envy him.

Quote:
I said 3780-3820 and that's exactly where it will be... I won't revert back to anything, exactly what I said will happen and everyone will be bummed.

The Camaro is based on the CTS platform and suspension. It's easier to shorten a 114 that lengthen and widen a 109.

Besides, does it matter? The ATS's BIW weighs 670lbs, the CTS weighs 710lbs, the ATS-V structure is closer to 700lbs...

The Camaro's BIW is around 760-770lbs... let that sink in for a minute...
Of course, he has also said in the past it won't be below 3,850, and at one time he even said as low as 3,695 based on the brakes. But you heard it here first folks. Base 1SS will be 3,780 or MORE.

Quote:
This is exactly what will happen in the next month:

The MSRP will be released when order banks open. I think before August is over.

Soon afterwards, Chevy will release the weight loss list like the Corvette did. The weight loss list will indeed show they lost a little under 200lbs, about 180-ish.

Then time will go on... and they will release an estimate... It will most likely be around 3750lbs* (notice the *). However, the actual cars will legitimately weigh 3780-3820lbs base 1SS. Once weighed, the 2SS loaded will be close to what a base 2SS is now.

They will show you how they got 180+lbs out but, they won't show you what mitigated that 180lbs. The LT1, new TR6060, coolers, dual knee airbags and seatbelt bags.

The LT1 and TR is 70-80lbs alone, radiators and coolers maybe 20lbs total, knee airbags? 10-20lbs... They would need far more than 200lbs of total losses before they could settle at 3700lbs. I see 100-120lbs coming back on to whatever they take out. We heard 130lbs for the entire BIW, losses after the body will be minimal. IRS is maybe 20-25lbs lighter and the brakes could be 20lbs too... after that pickens get slim... I see 175lbs solid pounds so far, 185lbs with the dash... driveshaft/half shafts are probably the same or slightly heavier for the new output. Interior is probably heavier with the Infotainment Center and two 8 inch LCD screens. Glass? I can see 200lbs of total losses but I can see 100-120lbs of gain too...
I have to point out, that by his own words, the 1SS weighing 3,800 pounds, makes the 2016 2SS weighing close to the current 2SS IMPOSSIBLE. lol. More features are not going to add 130 pounds to the car. 40 - 50 at the most. This guy......

Of course he lurks this forum ALL THE TIME so he has seen where Al O already stated pricing would be available within a few weeks time...no news there.

I don't know why we even speculate about the Camaro, when Pill already knows it all.

I say we invite him back to the Camaro boards? What say you guys???

</sarcasm>

Last edited by KMPrenger; 08-13-2015 at 12:25 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #73
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
We have all said, Al has been very direct in his wording choice when it comes to weight and if it is not as he said it will be a huge PR failure. I'll be the first to complain if so, but I see it more likely I will be posting the Phil's comments on Mustang6 with a big "WRONG!!!".

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #74
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I have to point out, that by his own words, the 1SS weighing 3,800 pounds, makes the 2016 2SS weighing close to the current 2SS IMPOSSIBLE. lol. More features are not going to add 130 pounds to the car. 40 - 50 at the most. This guy......

Of course he lurks this forum ALL THE TIME so he has seen where Al O already stated pricing would be available within a few weeks time...no news there.

I don't know why we even speculate about the Camaro, when Pill already knows it all.

</sarcasm>
Those were my exact thoughts when I read his post. The 2SS will be over a 100 pounds heavier than 1SS? It's not adding coolers, it's not adding brakes, it's not adding tires. It's adding tech goodies and leather.That guy either overthinks how to make GM look bad or doesn't think at all.

I got a good chuckle when he said pricing will be released by end of the month. He's acting like it came from his "insider" information when he read it on this exact site.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #75
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
The Pill reminds me of Cliff

"It’s a little known fact that the tan became popular in what is known as the Bronze Age."

'It's a little known fact that cows were domesticated in Mesopotamia and were also used in China as guard animals for the forbidden city."

"It’s a little known fact that smartest animal is a pig. Scientists say if pigs had thumbs and a language, they could be trained to do simple manual labor. They give you 20-30 years of loyal service and then at their retirement dinner you can eat them."
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #76
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The current weight penalty for a 2ss is 30 lbs.

Let's bump that to 40lbs given more stuff now to be safe. MRC 10 lbs. Dual mode 10 lbs. larger front brake option... Not sure... 25 lbs? Sunroof ? 20 lbs? Total guesses here...

I can see about 100 lbs difference from base to completely loaded being possible. It's the same for the mustang. But just base 1ss to base 2ss should be around 30-50 lbs difference.

If GM is telling the truth the 6th gen should weigh around ~3700 in 1SS manual form to as heavy as about ~3800 loaded with brake upgrade 2ss auto. Sounds almost exactly like the mustang gt as far as weight and options etc go... Probably not a coincidence as I'm sure it was a goal to get near the mustang for several reasons.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #77
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Time for the latest fun posts from ThePill

Pills latest predictions posted up today:

A 2K to 3,500 dollar increase on a 1SS??? Wow!!!

So this would mean all of those "V6 lost nearly 300lbs" statements are completely and utterly false, and not even close if the V6 can't get much under 3,600 pounds, when the current car starts at a bit over 3,700....anyways...

He knows this because:

I tell you what, this guy has sources everywhere. I envy him.

Of course, he has also said in the past it won't be below 3,850, and at one time he even said as low as 3,695 based on the brakes. But you heard it here first folks. Base 1SS will be 3,780 or MORE.

</sarcasm>
To come up with 3780-3820 he just took the weight of the ats-v with track pack at ~3760 and added 30 lbs ( debatable but some think TP is good for -30lb... I don't see it)

No insider info or special powers. Closest vehicle we have to it currently and extrapolated from the track pack.

Good guess... Nothing more. He has made plenty of others as well but I think he has finally settled on 3780-3820 for the base 1ss manual. And no cheaper than 36,505 with destination. LOL... Worst case scenario on both fronts... To be expected from a stang guy... Well see
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #78
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Yeah I don't know anyone at GM who would give this moron the time of day if he asked considering the BS he spews.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #79
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
To come up with 3780-3820 he just took the weight of the ats-v with track pack at ~3760 and added 30 lbs ( debatable but some think TP is good for -30lb... I don't see it)

No insider info or special powers. Closest vehicle we have to it currently and extrapolated from the track pack.

Good guess... Nothing more. He has made plenty of others as well but I think he has finally settled on 3780-3820 for the base 1ss manual. And no cheaper than 36,505 with destination. LOL... Worst case scenario on both fronts... To be expected from a stang guy... Well see
He outright told me that in no way could it come out less than 3850lbs period. All those other numbers where before the weight of the ats-v. He thinks the car can't lose weight at all and he still to this day says its on the cts chassis and not the ats chassis.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #80
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
He outright told me that in no way could it come out less than 3850lbs period. All those other numbers where before the weight of the ats-v. He thinks the car can't lose weight at all and he still to this day says its on the cts chassis and not the ats chassis.
Hey, but he just changed his mind again.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #81
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Yeah I just read that. Smh
Old 08-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #82
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
He's right that Camaro is using the same platform as the CTS. CTS still uses alpha, it's just the longer wheelbase. That's what Camaro is using, the longer wheel base alpha. ATS uses the shorter wheelbase. He's trying to use his twisted up logic to convince everyone that the Camaro will weigh what the CTS does simply because it is sharing the same wheelbase. Will it be in the same ball-park? Sure, but it will be lighter than the CTS according to Al. I take Al's word over thePill's any day.

Al said the base SS 6th gen will be over 200lbs lighter than the base 5th gen SS. To me, that means at most, it will be 3707lbs. That puts Pill at least 73lbs off his estimate of 3780-3820.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #83
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
He's right that Camaro is using the same platform as the CTS. CTS still uses alpha, it's just the longer wheelbase. That's what Camaro is using, the longer wheel base alpha. ATS uses the shorter wheelbase. He's trying to use his twisted up logic to convince everyone that the Camaro will weigh what the CTS does simply because it is sharing the same wheelbase. Will it be in the same ball-park? Sure, but it will be lighter than the CTS according to Al. I take Al's word over thePill's any day.

Al said the base SS 6th gen will be over 200lbs lighter than the base 5th gen SS. To me, that means at most, it will be 3707lbs. That puts Pill at least 73lbs off his estimate of 3780-3820.
Camaro is closer to the ATS wheelbase than it is that of the CTS. Probably closer to CTS track though, but that's because how they set up the suspension.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:05 PM   #84
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Camaro is closer to the ATS wheelbase than it is that of the CTS. Probably closer to CTS track though, but that's because how they set up the suspension.

True, but again, that's his twisted up logic.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote