Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 07-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #43
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Sorry but a half second in the quarter is a trouncing in my book. Thats many car lengths. At 110+ mph a car will travel like 80 feet in a half second.

Other than that I feel you
a half second difference in the same class of car and trim level is a a$$ beating.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #44
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
It does look at 2012 vehicles because at the three year mark an owner has had enough time to decide if they will keep the car or dump it. The article does list connectivity issues as a possibility but does not say the was an or the issue with Ford. After three years you would think those items would be resolve

In the Highest-Ranked Nameplates and Models comments it doesn't mention Ford (below the curve) but it does say...
Yeah, I think if anyone reads the article that goes along with the rankings, they get all of that. It seems to me you think I am some sort of Ford cheerleader who needs to have things pointed out in some way that puts GM in a better light than the blue oval. It is obvious you have favoritism for the Camaro, and GM in general, which is fine but not everybody sees things through the same tinted lenses when it comes to the cars they drive. I have no preference for GM over Ford or vice-versa, so you can be sure I am an equal opportunity offender.

In my experience, both brands throughout the decades have each had their highs and lows and neither, in my opinion, ranks higher than the other on build quality or dependability. I've owned a lot of cars from both, and I've seen a lot of things continue to be issues that should have been solved in short order that were not.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:25 AM   #45
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
Chevrolet, just 6 points higher overall than Ford.
Quote:
Yeah, I think if anyone reads the article that goes along with the rankings, they get all of that. It seems to me you think I am some sort of Ford cheerleader who needs to have things pointed out in some way that puts GM in a better light than the blue oval. It is obvious you have favoritism for the Camaro, and GM in general, which is fine but not everybody sees things through the same tinted lenses when it comes to the cars they drive. I have no preference for GM over Ford or vice-versa, so you can be sure I am an equal opportunity offender.

In my experience, both brands throughout the decades have each had their highs and lows and neither, in my opinion, ranks higher than the other on build quality or dependability. I've owned a lot of cars from both, and I've seen a lot of things continue to be issues that should have been solved in short order that were not.
You can always be counted on to pick up the case for Ford, poop. I merely put those 6 points into context for you (and the guys in the alternate universe M6G that somehow think GM has inferior products).
I don't have a problem with Ford and I don't pretend to own one. Just posting data on a Camaro board

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:45 AM   #46
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Agree. Different ranking system though and the disclaimer indicates, "Rankings are based on numerical scores, and not necessarily on statistical significance."

In that JDP report, that was looking at the 2012 MY and if you read, the issues that most affected the dependability of cars were related to technology, not design flaws or poor engineering. (i.e. If a owner could not easily pair their device with the car, that was a ding on the dependability ratings.) Given the issues Ford had with it's SYNC technology, the fact they are low on the rankings should be no surprise.
Just to be clear, failing to integrate technology IS an engineering flaw. And if you get in your car and it sometimes will and sometimes won't perform as you expect would you not consider that a flaw? As an engineer that does this for a living I consider it a flaw.

Last edited by Number 3; 07-25-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:57 AM   #47
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just to be clear, failing to integrate technology IS an engineering flaw. And if you get in your car and it sometimes will and sometimes won't perform as you expect would you not consider that a flaw? As an engineer that does this for a living I consider it a flaw.
Other than the issues with SYNC totally locking up (which would be a huge problem on those with no physical buttons), the vast majority of the reports were people complaining about voice recognition amd BT issues. In 9 out of 10 cases that's a user problem because they did not read the manual. Now does that mean it probably wasn't designed to be user friendly enough, sure. But I think it has to do with timing too. People weren't nearly as used to smartphones and infotainment systems back in 2012 as they are now. I just don't think issues that don't affect the primary functioning of a car should be included with reliability. A separate score for tech like BT calling, media, nav sure.

And good to hear from you again Number 3. Hope all is well.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)

Last edited by SuperSound; 07-25-2015 at 10:13 AM.
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #48
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Other than the issues with SYNC totally locking up (which would be a huge problem on those with no physical buttons), the vast majority of the reports were people complaining about voice recognition amd BT issues. In 9 out of 10 cases that's a user problem because they did not read the manual. Now does that mean it probably wasn't designed to be user friendly enough, sure. But I think it has to do with timing too. People weren't nearly as used to smartphones and infotainment systems back in 2012 as they are now. I just don't think issues that don't affect the primary functioning of a car should be included with reliability. A separate score for tech like BT calling, media, nav sure.

And good to hear from you again Number 3. Hope all is well.
I don't disagree on the user error part of this. But you have to understand your customer and their capability.

My ultimate answer to all this is KITT. A way off from that.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:56 AM   #49
SuperSound

Quote:
I don't disagree on the user error part of this. But you have to understand your customer and their capability.

My ultimate answer to all this is KITT. A way off from that.
Lol AI is truthfully the only way. Course then Skynet will be able to kill us in our cars then.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #50
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Lol AI is truthfully the only way. Course then Skynet will be able to kill us in our cars then.

Better than an ISIS hacker driving your jeep into a ditch
Old 07-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #51
SuperSound

Quote:
Better than an ISIS hacker driving your jeep into a ditch
I saw that recall, crazy. The first of many probably with car hacking becoming a bigger problem for these connected cars.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:28 PM   #52
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I saw that recall, crazy. The first of many probably with car hacking becoming a bigger problem for these connected cars.
Score one for the good guys. The sheriff here located and stopped a stolen car the other day using OnStar.

Quote:
Deputies were able to track the stolen vehicle through OnStar reports and located the vehicle at 49th Street and Medford Avenue at 4:00 p.m. The driver fled at a high rate of speed and OnStar remotely decelerated the car at 60th Street and Hope Avenue, and five subjects jumped out of the car.

http://fox6now.com/2015/07/24/sherif...l-workers-car/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #53
SupportGeek

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:

My guess is that this should serve as a wake up call for these companies to take their security far more seriously.
SupportGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:40 PM   #54
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportGeek View Post
My guess is that this should serve as a wake up call for these companies to take their security far more seriously.
I agree especially with GM cars being wifi connected. I'm sure GM has figured out to stop people from doing this to their cars.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:14 AM   #55
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
They've already patched the Uconnect vulnerability... to think we've come to the point where we have to security patch our cars like they are running Microsoft Windows!
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:53 AM   #56
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
They've already patched the Uconnect vulnerability... to think we've come to the point where we have to security patch our cars like they are running Microsoft Windows!
Like it or not, modern cars are software on wheels. Only Tesla has figured this out yet, but I expect it won't be too much longer until I can get over the air (OTA) updates to fix the various MyLink bugs.

(Which will be a welcome change, BTW. MyLink is easily one of the buggiest systems I've ever used. Especially when it comes to phone integration which I consider central to the system being useful.)