Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #15
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
Nothing wrong with being passionate about a car. Having anything to be passionate about is far better than being passionate about nothing and going throughout life not caring for anything. You're passionate about your family, thats great. Just because they choose to be passionate about the mustang doesn't make them anymore of a loser. Based on your comment it seems to be quite the contrary.
I'm not saying not to be passionate about your car, but getting angry and hostile towards a group that has a competing car than you are pathetic.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
FYI,

Their "righteous leader's" stance is now that:

1) GM has found that they can't hit their claims of 200+ pounds lost, and close to 300 on the V6, so they are instead packing these car's full of content (why the 2SS is so loaded) to make it look better than Mustang.
2) The only reason GM said the car lost that much weight was to pull away Mustang sales. (Thus...it was basically just a lie)
3) In reference to point 1, GM has blown way past their target MSRP, and thus another reason they are just loading it up with content, so they at least have some reason to argue the higher price versus Mustang.

Let that sink in for a bit. Consider it was only a few weeks ago that GM and Al O announced these weight savings, so he actually thinks something drastic changed in that small amount of time that Chevy has had to re-think their strategy.

Its pathetic that I actually allowed myself to read that guy's posts.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #17
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
Being passionate is a good trait. But bashing the other side because you're "passionate" isn't really passion. It's paranoia. Be passionate about your car.
I wouldn't call it paranoia, maybe just too enthusiastic? This goes for everything in life. Humans have constantly picked sides on everything and bickered to the end on things. Whether its sports, cars, games... you name it.
I would say there's nothing wrong about bashing the thing counters your passion, but once you start bashing the person who behind that passion, well then you're stooping to a different level. Hence my reply to the gentlemen above.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #18
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
FYI,

Their "righteous leader's" stance is now that:

1) GM has found that they can't hit their claims of 200+ pounds lost, and close to 300 on the V6, so they are instead packing these car's full of content (why the 2SS is so loaded) to make it look better than Mustang.
2) The only reason GM said the car lost that much weight was to pull away Mustang sales. (Thus...it was basically just a lie)
3) In reference to point 1, GM has blown way past their target MSRP, and thus another reason they are just loading it up with content, so they at least have some reason to argue the higher price versus Mustang.

Let that sink in for a bit. Consider it was only a few weeks ago that GM and Al O announced these weight savings, so he actually thinks something drastic changed in that small amount of time that Chevy has had to re-think their strategy.

Its pathetic that I actually allowed myself to read that guy's posts.
Are you talking about ThePill? If that's who you are referring to, he seems to be more of a participant than a "leader". I visit that site periodically and it seems MOST members there are generally car people, not brand-lovers/haters like Pill.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #19
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
He said he's retired from the military due to injury. I personally think it was more psychological.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:31 PM   #20
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
He said he's retired from the military due to injury. I personally think it was more psychological.
Leave his service out of it. It's not your place to speculate, or make snide comments about
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #21
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Leave his service out of it. It's not your place to speculate, or make snide comments about
I can speculate all I want. Thanks! Has nothing to do with his service, but him as a person. The way he speaks (types), he definitely has psychological issues. Good day!
Old 07-21-2015, 03:39 PM   #22
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Man,,,, reading all these makes me want to visit that Mustang sites. (ya know,,, just for fun reading...)

I just love cars. I had a Mustang in early 90s (1994 5.0 GT with amazing 215HP ), which wasn't that great quality vehicle, but when I see those Mustangs of recent years, I like them. (especially the new GT350R) I also like European, Asian, and American cars.

No matter what brand it is, a good car is a good car.
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #23
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
The things this guy the pill said made me laugh so hard.anyone knows what is the name of the forum he is???
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #24
ChefBorOzzy

I don't care what anyone drives. I could drive a Mustang, Camaro, or a Challenger and be happy in each one. Great cars all around. Endless shit talking about a "competitor's" product is ridiculous. Go drive your car.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:43 PM   #25
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Another Brainiac on that website compared Al O. to Jim Jones (!!!???). WTF...Ok, I'll play along. I'll say that Mark Fields is a Nazi because Henry Ford was a hardcore anti-semite.

Jeez, Louise !!
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #26
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Maybe the guy likes trucks more than cars? Or maybe he won a Stingray Corvette last year?
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:22 PM   #27
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
These guys are seriously paranoid.they compare the ecoboost to the 392 SRT CHALLENGER and say its a joke!!!!!.one of this geniuses said with a new intake you can beat the 392 challenger pretty easy .my car got about 20 more HP AND 150lbs less then the ecoboost but I got beated by a challenger(im not a bad driver at all) with about a 1mile away difference.this car is not joking its a real badass and these psychopaths compare it to they're girly 4 cyl
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #28
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Rise above. Let's not stoop to the level you guys are claiming they're at.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote