The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 09:40 PM   #15
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
As I keep saying it’s the early ‘80s all over again. gm turned their full attention to low quality front wheel drive hunks ‘o trash. That bit them, Ford and Chrysler in the ass as the Japanese manufacturers took over. History may repeat itself. I turned my back on them before, easy to do it again. I think we can draw the line at or about the time Mary Barra became CEO, Ed Welburn retired, and finally the lowercase lettering of GM. The Vette will continue to be the loud, obnoxious step child that the execs won’t know what to do with. If you’re counting on Ford to be the savior you will probably be disappointed and no matter how cool they look they are still Ford pieces of s#!t.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:53 AM   #16
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I am 31 years old right now and the closest thing I have ever bought to a new car was my 2011 Camaro SS with 33k miles in 2020. With the rate that things are going with EV's i think I will keep my car as long as humanly possible and maybe attempt to hoard a few more project cars in my driveway vs. buying anything new. I don't think any of the new EV's are very impressive if I'm being honest, I raced a Tesla Model S on the highway on my way to work and I may not have gapped him or anything but he definitely didn't pass me... Not impressed.

Luckily I live in FL and the EPA regulations basically don't exist here... and if they did 75% of cars here wouldn't be on the road anymore. Until they completely outlaw internal combustion cars, I think I will keep what I have and look for more cars to park in the stable. Even if they do try to outlaw them... I could see some prohibition style protesting happening as car guys refuse to give up what they love.

I hate the EV discussions... Grew up a car guy, raised by car guys, and always wanted to pass that obsession onto my own children. Hoping that ideal is still possible.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:38 AM   #17
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
My work is buying new trucks as they become available and the fleet ages out. They are rushing to avoid any possible EV fed mandate. Lots of Ford's typically as the other American brands give more headaches overall. The big push is to phase out the half tons with mid size Rangers equipped with the 4cyl turbo of which I got one.
Hmm.
Well, not sure on realibility but it does move and has a very familiar looking switch blade key.

Considering gas will likely go up as China Joe ends selling off the oil reserves it guess it makes sense.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:09 AM   #18
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
As I keep saying it’s the early ‘80s all over again. gm turned their full attention to low quality front wheel drive hunks ‘o trash. That bit them, Ford and Chrysler in the ass as the Japanese manufacturers took over. History may repeat itself. I turned my back on them before, easy to do it again. I think we can draw the line at or about the time Mary Barra became CEO, Ed Welburn retired, and finally the lowercase lettering of GM. The Vette will continue to be the loud, obnoxious step child that the execs won’t know what to do with. If you’re counting on Ford to be the savior you will probably be disappointed and no matter how cool they look they are still Ford pieces of s#!t.
Yep, 100% Agreed! Couldn’t say it any better at all. Mary Barra is where decent to really good GM (5th Gen Camaro,C6 and C7) returned to shit gm. Ford isn’t any better. We have several newer super duties at work and they are total POS’S, the gas trucks take 2-3 key cycles at times to even start.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:14 AM   #19
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
yeah gm lost its way dont even know its cust base have a great camaro dont know how to sell it
Old 09-22-2022, 12:52 PM   #20
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
If no one buys EV’s then some of these manufactures like GM are going to go under. It’s a pretty ballsy call to go all in this early in the game. I will not buy an EV period. I’m a life long GM guy but I hate gm with everything inside of me these days.

The current Camaro along with the iroc are my lifer cars as well.

I’m 100% in the EV failure group as well. I really don’t think it’s going to end well for them.
Unfortunately the liberal ass state governments we (not me) keep electing are going to mandate the combustion engine out of existence! I am so grateful that by the time this finally occurs (10-15 years) I will be out of the automotive business!.......living in a Florida beach community, driving my electric golf cart!
Old 09-22-2022, 01:50 PM   #21
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
batteries are for cranking engines.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:05 PM   #22
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMax View Post
batteries are for cranking engines.
I like that! That's t-shirt and bumper sticker material!
Old 09-22-2022, 04:26 PM   #23
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Well, now. I got spanked here for such irreverent behavior. But I love it! All I can say is, I hope the prevailing sentiment in this tread translates to real change in 45 days or so.

I think anyone with 1/2 a brain has had it up to here with the woke, inane, irrational BS from so called leaders who pander to a vocal minority and drift farther and farther from representation of the majority of their real constituents. And obviously, it’s contagious, because some of corporate America became ‘infected’ too.

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 09-22-2022 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:19 PM   #24
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Unfortunately the liberal ass state governments we (not me) keep electing are going to mandate the combustion engine out of existence! I am so grateful that by the time this finally occurs (10-15 years) I will be out of the automotive business!.......living in a Florida beach community, driving my electric golf cart!
palm coast is nice...
Old 09-22-2022, 07:16 PM   #25
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
I will pedal my fat ass to work and enjoy it before I buy electric.
Hydrogen on the other hand....

Meh.
It's not about electric anyhow, it's about control and telling you what to do.
Eggzactly

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Old 09-22-2022, 07:54 PM   #26
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Without getting too political, something I find interesting is that people are looking at falling gas prices and forgetting the pain inflicted by political policies since 1/1/21. What they aren't looking at is that diesel is still about $4.50 or worse. Diesel moves the world. From pickup trucks moving heavy equipment for job sites, semi trucks brining us our goods, trains brining us long range goods and energy sources (coal baby!), farm equipment, mining equipment, the list goes on. The push to eliminate internal combustion engines so quickly will result in further inflation, and substantially disappointed consumers.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-22-2022, 08:32 PM   #27
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Without getting too political, something I find interesting is that people are looking at falling gas prices and forgetting the pain inflicted by political policies since 1/1/21. What they aren't looking at is that diesel is still about $4.50 or worse. Diesel moves the world. From pickup trucks moving heavy equipment for job sites, semi trucks brining us our goods, trains brining us long range goods and energy sources (coal baby!), farm equipment, mining equipment, the list goes on. The push to eliminate internal combustion engines so quickly will result in further inflation, and substantially disappointed consumers.
All good points that the liberals running the country either can't or won't understand.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:17 PM   #28
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I got to say it’s pretty damn nice to be surrounded but such competence, that’s one great thing about this board, most of us all seem to be on the same page, you don’t see that online that much these days.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Closed Thread