The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-18-2022, 08:34 PM   #1
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Woodward Dream Cruise 2022

I will drop some of my photos from this year’s Dream Cruise into this thread. Others feel free to do the same.

But first…here’s a little promo that a local news station did for an event I’ll be participating in Friday afternoon. The car used in the demo is my Camaro Fifty Convertible.

https://fox2detroit.com/video/1106885
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:46 PM   #2
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

And now…..the pics

The Dream Cruise “officially” starts Saturday, but those in the Metro Detroit area know it’s already been crazy on Woodward all week. So today (Thursday) I drove my ‘91 MR2 up Woodward. The Camaro will get more than it’s share of street time this weekend, so I figured I’d let the MR2 get in on the fun. I found a 1st Gen MR2 and parked next to it and just snapped shots of some of the more interesting rides hitting the strip. Keep in mind, these pics are from sitting in one spot on the approximately 10 mile stretch for about 45 minutes. If you’ve never been to a Dream Cruise, just know that this barely scratches the surface.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 08-18-2022, 08:52 PM   #3
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

More Woodward pics.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2022, 08:56 PM   #4
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

More Woodward pics…
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2022, 09:00 PM   #5
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Some more pics from Woodward
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2022, 09:06 PM   #6
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

These are actually pics I took on Wednesday. Woodward has been lit all week.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2022, 11:57 PM   #7
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to get up there and cruise for a day on that tour. I'm considering hitting the auto show this year too. Is it at Cobo Center again?
2017 2SS F1FTY/HUD/Mag Ride/NPP/Nav/M6/Mishimoto catch can/BTR stage 2 Cam kit/GPI ported LT2 IM and 95mm TB/Roto Fab CAI/Kooks Long Tubes ceramic coated/Borla S Type NPP catback/AFE lowering springs/1LE wheels/OEM smoked tail lights/Diode Dynamics side markers/Uniden R7/3D Maxpider floor mats/Adams graphene ceramic coat
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:20 AM   #8
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron07 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to get up there and cruise for a day on that tour. I'm considering hitting the auto show this year too. Is it at Cobo Center again?
Well, yes and no. It’s in the same physical building, but it’s now called Huntington Center. Cobo was an Uber-racist mayor (ask me for details sometime) and Huntington is the bank that bought the naming rights, so I for one welcome the change.

There are also outdoor elements to the show at Hart Plaza and Campus Martius. First time for these new additions.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:04 PM   #9
penny11983

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
The car show parade at the Cobo Center was amazing. My dream is to go there and see with my own eyes such amazing cars.
penny11983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:06 AM   #10
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Thanks for posting! Much appreciated.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote