Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Muffler Delete

Well, I just got my muffler delete done yesterday. So far I am very happy with the sound of my system. The tone is about 90% of what I want and the volume is about the same... Not too loud under normal driving but gets some good volume when I get on the pedal. It's still hard to believe that having no mufflers gives the volume that it does. With other cars I had, a small hole in the muffler made it crazy loud... I had my stock tips put back on.

I think that my next upgrade might be cut-outs instead of a whole new exhaust system...but I'll wait a little before I go that route.

joe....
Old 08-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
GodWentPunk

So after a couple of weeks of my muffler delete, I am really liking this option. My exhaust system is stock... The thing is, the AFM was much louder when I had my aftermarket mufflers put on. Now with the delete, I can still hear it, but its no longer amplified by the muffler so that it's almost not as noticeable.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWentPunk View Post
So after a couple of weeks of my muffler delete, I am really liking this option. My exhaust system is stock... The thing is, the AFM was much louder when I had my aftermarket mufflers put on. Now with the delete, I can still hear it, but its no longer amplified by the muffler so that it's almost not as noticeable.
Did you keep the exhaust flaps? Is those things that has a spring and are attached to the exhaust pipe before the muffler. I kept them in the exhaust pipe.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #4
GodWentPunk

I still have the butterflies on because I believe they are needed for back pressure when going into 4cyl mode. If I was to get a full cat-back system (eliminating those valves) then I would need to use my Range all the time or, I would need a tune. But honestly, it's not as bad as I thought.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #5
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
[QUOTE=GodWentPunk;9865765]I still have the butterflies on because I believe they are needed for back pressure when going into 4cyl mode. If I was to get a full cat-back system (eliminating those valves) then I would need to use my Range all the time or, I would need a tune. But honestly, it's not as bad as I thought.[/QUOT

I had a feeling you kept them. Those things keeps the exhaust quite at idle and in cruise.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
GodWentPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
I had a feeling you kept them. Those things keeps the exhaust quite at idle and in cruise.
If that's all they do, then maybe I'll try to move the springs to keep them open all the time.