Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #29
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
So sorry for your loss. I'm sure your pops was smiling down on you and cracking up at the response from the guys at the cemetary. He was proud in his special kind of daddy way!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #30
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Sometimes in life (and death) we never know how one thing will lead to another - and how things turn out. Great story

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #31
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
I'll be buying used in a few years. No mas dinero at the moment.
well, enjoy your Vette in the meantime......that is your Vette in your profile avatar, right?
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #32
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCruSSh View Post
So sorry for your loss. I'm sure your pops was smiling down on you and cracking up at the response from the guys at the cemetary. He was proud in his special kind of daddy way!
thanks!!!...
Old 06-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #33
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Sometimes in life (and death) we never know how one thing will lead to another - and how things turn out. Great story
...thank you dear!!!...
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #34
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
Great story! You have officially found your happy pill. I truly can't wait to get my LT. I'm in my 30's and never had a nice car...

To bad those NY Islanders aren't help ya smile much
...thanks!...i have the 2LT/RS and V6 auto and after almost 1000+ miles in almost 2 wks, no regrets about any of my choices!!!...it's a "ROCKETSHIP"!!!, and fast enough for me!!!!!!!!
the Islanders have a loooonnngggg way to go to re-capture those "glory days"...
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #35
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
well, enjoy your Vette in the meantime......that is your Vette in your profile avatar, right?
Yea click on my garage to see a better pic I am keeping it. The paint is shot needs repaint.

You can see a design influence in the Camaro's brake lamps. They where round before 91 on the vettes.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #36
the Mole
Retired but not done!

Drives: '66 Impala '06 HHR '03 FJR1300
Prima Donna,enjoy your car to the fullest! Life is way to short. I know the wait was worth it. That rock star feeling is awesome isn't it!?

Thanks for choosing Camaro!

This is where I've ridden my bike.
the Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #37
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Mole View Post
Prima Donna,enjoy your car to the fullest! Life is way to short. I know the wait was worth it. That rock star feeling is awesome isn't it!?

Thanks for choosing Camaro!
thank you for being a part of making my ACTUAL CAR!!!...you guys from GM and Oshawa ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:17 AM   #38
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

This story is for the newer Camaro5 members that didn't see it the first time...

I met some new C5 members today at our NY5THGEN Camaro Meet and I was telling my story, so I thought maybe I would 'revive it' for the newbies...lol...

ENJOY!!!...it still makes me smile...
Old 05-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #39
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Talking ROCK STAR AT THE CEMETERY - PART 2!!!!!

Some of you 'old timers' here on C5 might remember when I originally posted this story in the early days of exciting, rare sightings of the new 5thgens out there in the world.

I just returned from the cemetery right now. I was there to pick up the flag that I put on my Dad's grave for Memorial Day last weekend.

I was there with our new C7 Corvette Stingray that we bought to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. we took delivery on 3.19.14. I call it HWAY STR 2.

We bought the original HWAY STR to celebrate our 30th in 2009.

As I was returning to my C7, a cemetery worker came over to speak to me. I was sure he was going to ask me questions about the Corvette.

To my SHOCK and SURPRISE, he asked me if I had a Camaro in a similar color as this Corvette. I said "yes".

He then proceeded to tell me that he and his co-worker friend saw me there recently and wondered if I was "the same lady that had the brand new Camaro in the same color and parked in the same area a few years ago".

My mouth must have been like this: !!!

I asked him if he and his friend were the guys that I showed the Camaro to when I was there for the first time with it visiting my Dad.

He said he was!!! I told him that I remembered that day like it was yesterday, and I also remembered how excited they were to see the very first 5thgen in person. I also told him that I wrote about it on here.

Now he told me that they got to see the very first C7 in person.

I told him that we still have the Camaro, and I am never getting rid of it. Most of you that know me already know that.

You just can't make this stuff up. He really and truly made my day.

I hope my little story puts a smile on your face today, too.

here is a photo I took today at the cemetery with the C7 in front of the entrance with all the American flags on display for Memorial Day.

the 2nd photo is me and my huge permagrin on delivery day.

Attached Images

Old 05-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #40
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Some of you 'old timers' here on C5 might remember when I originally posted this story in the early days of exciting, rare sightings of the new 5thgens out there in the world.

I just returned from the cemetery right now. I was there to pick up the flag that I put on my Dad's grave for Memorial Day last weekend.

I was there with our new C7 Corvette Stingray that we bought to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. we took delivery on 3.19.14. I call it HWAY STR 2.

We bought the original HWAY STR to celebrate our 30th in 2009.

As I was returning to my C7, a cemetery worker came over to speak to me. I was sure he was going to ask me questions about the Corvette.

To my SHOCK and SURPRISE, he asked me if I had a Camaro in a similar color as this Corvette. I said "yes".

He then proceeded to tell me that he and his co-worker friend saw me there recently and wondered if I was "the same lady that had the brand new Camaro in the same color and parked in the same area a few years ago".

My mouth must have been like this: !!!

I asked him if he and his friend were the guys that I showed the Camaro to when I was there for the first time with it visiting my Dad.

He said he was!!! I told him that I remembered that day like it was yesterday, and I also remembered how excited they were to see the very first 5thgen in person. I also told him that I wrote about it on here.

Now he told me that they got to see the very first C7 in person.

I told him that we still have the Camaro, and I am never getting rid of it. Most of you that know me already know that.

You just can't make this stuff up. He really and truly made my day.

I hope my little story puts a smile on your face today, too.

here is a photo I took today at the cemetery with the C7 in front of the entrance with all the American flags on display for Memorial Day.

the 2nd photo is me and my huge permagrin on delivery day.

Wondered how you'd been doing, haven't seen you posting much lately.........but I just visit a few threads here and there........glad things are going well for you!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #41
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Wondered how you'd been doing, haven't seen you posting much lately.........but I just visit a few threads here and there........glad things are going well for you!

Thanks for your kind words. hope all is well with you, too.

I'm not on here as much as I used to be, but I do check in from time to time.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #42
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Everything happens for a reason Donna, your Dad,looking down put those grave diggers there so you wouldn't leave crying.