Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #29
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
I was leaving my house last year a couple days after getting my car and a neighbor I never met before yelled "I love your car". Another time I was going down a back road, there was someone holding a rake, just staring at the car as it approached. Before I went by the house they gave me a big thumbs up.

When I bought this car it was never about the attention, but it can sure be fun.

ED
Old 07-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #30
SkullDuggery

Drives: 2011 Black LS
Was at a stop light the other day and this black gentleman motions for me to roll down the passanger side window. He says, " You don't drive that in the winter, do you?" I say "Heh heh , no." He says, " That's one pretty Mother F*#ker!" Then my 6 year old son pokes his head up from the back seat. You should of seen the look on the huys face, LOL. He said " I'm sorry! I didn't know you had a kid in the car." I say " It's all good man, thanks!"

I still get all kinds of compliments also. Most fun I ever had with a car! Thanks GM!
Attached Images

SkullDuggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #31
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Great stories!!!...thanks for sharing!!!

SkullDuggery, your son is adorable!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #32
boreas

Drives: 2LT/RS TFE yeah!
My car's actually been good for business. I always park at the same place in front of my store, and it's basically a big "I'm in" sign. Clients will come in all the time saying "we noticed you were working today..."

I've also had parents walk into the store all the way in the back (I'm a pharmacist) with their kids just because the kids wanted to compliment my car. Once a minivan caught up with me and the kids were pointing will the mom (passenger side, fortunately!) was taking pictures!!!

Phil
boreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #33
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
thats cool love the attention the car gets... and most of you people cars look "stock" great job GM ... mine is "modified" pretty heavily and i get my fair share of looks
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #34
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFoxx View Post
The excitement in my area has died down over the past few months as sales in the area seem to be doing well. Was actually starting to have withdrawal symptoms from not being pounced on every time I was out in the car. Had a guy come up to me in a parking lot the other day say; "I've seen a lot of Camaros around town lately but yours by far is the best looking I've seen yet." Boy, did he know what I needed to hear or what?

ive gotten that before, like you i got having withdrawal syndrome too theres so many camaros in my relativley small town... but mine is the best...
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #35
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1concepts View Post
Every time I see a Camaro I can just remember the first time seeing it in Transformer and how awesome it look and how cool Bumblebee is.
i completely agree why my car is a deception

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #36
SkullDuggery

Drives: 2011 Black LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Great stories!!!...thanks for sharing!!!

SkullDuggery, your son is adorable!!!
Aw thanks!
Isn't he though?
SkullDuggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #37
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
I was stopped at a light today and there was a guy in a pickup truck next to me beeping the horn

I turned to look, and he had his window down and was pointing at my car

I put the window down to see what he was talking about and he said, "I love your car!!!"

I said, "I do too!!!...you should buy one!!!"

He said, "maybe I will"

Can't believe this Camaro still attracts so much attention after 2 years on the road!!!

It never 'gets old' to me!!!

I have to pinch myself everyday, because I cannot believe I own such an amazingly awesome vehicle!!!

That is all...carry on with your Camaro5 viewing and posting!!!

Yep.... today while I was filling up at the gas station, I got a smile when a guy yelled from his moving car "Nice Car Bro!"
Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #38
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I drove my friend to the airport the other day and as we got out to take the luggage out of my trunk, a lady came up to me to ask if she could take a few pictures of my car. lol
Old 07-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #39
Camaro8810

Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
Amen to that!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #40
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
AINT IT GREAT,LOVE driving mine
NFERGY 2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #41
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Blue Angel still turns heads everywhere I go. Even now people will sometimes follow me into the gas station and pull up alongside to compliment the car. For some reason around here, people who drive Hyundai's and Nissan Altima's feel like they have to floor it off the light when they're sitting next to me at a signal and it turns green lol. I just let them waste their gas...the sound of Blue Angel alone is enough to say "nuff said" hehehe.

The other day I had to jump on it to merge onto the freeway coming out of a tight onramp and the sound under the underpass was seriously awesome...in the words of Han Solo "sometimes I even amaze myself".

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #42
GasPasser

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Got v6 rental in orange county airport about a year ago, jumped on I-5 and went to San Diego.... people were hanging out of their cars taking pix on their cam phones. I think every tuner in Cali tried to pass me!!!! Then the hotel parking attendants got into a fist fight to park the car.... I told the guy to get on it a little, its a rental!!! After 2 days of buisness my wife and I drove to San Fran.... The trip was several hours but we got no less than 20 thumbs up. IF YOU HAVE A SS... don't think the v6 is a punk biotch!!! it really did ok in my book. FAST FORWARD TO PRESENT- I now have black ss with white stripes & it-turns heads like a naked hooker!!!!
GasPasser is offline   Reply With Quote