The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-06-2020, 06:24 AM   #393
Rob10CamaroSS

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Redline Phase 4
Ya what he said, Stay Healthy & Stay Home, it's the only way to beat this.

SS, I see your also from Long Island
As you know it's spreading like wildfire around here and it's affecting everyone. I have 3 friends that lost 4 people to it so far and two of my own Brothers have it. Thankfully it looks like both of them will beat it but it's been a bad three weeks for one of them, he's a cancer survivor so it was very scary

I have lung issues so I can't go out in public without literally putting my life on the line. For that reason today starts the 4th week I'm working from home and I haven't been able to see my son who lives in NYC.
The only good right now is I can still take the ZL1 out and the roads are empty. I make sure and stretch it's legs every chance I get including this weekend. Nothing like HP to put a little fun back in your life
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE EVERYONE
Old 04-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #394
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
I just found out within the last hour that my friends brother died. Unknown condition but we believe it’s from corona. He had developed respiratory issues called the doc and they told him to stay at home. Unfortunately he didn’t make it. I feel sad for my friend who now can not give his brother a proper funeral service. This really sucks....I think I’ll go for a short drive because today is going to be a hard 1 to deal with.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #395
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hard2See View Post
I just found out within the last hour that my friends brother died. Unknown condition but we believe it’s from corona. He had developed respiratory issues called the doc and they told him to stay at home. Unfortunately he didn’t make it. I feel sad for my friend who now can not give his brother a proper funeral service. This really sucks....I think I’ll go for a short drive because today is going to be a hard 1 to deal with.
Terribly sorry to hear this. deepest sympathy to your friend and his family, this is such a tragedy.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #396
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob10CamaroSS View Post
Ya what he said, Stay Healthy & Stay Home, it's the only way to beat this.

SS, I see your also from Long Island
As you know it's spreading like wildfire around here and it's affecting everyone. I have 3 friends that lost 4 people to it so far and two of my own Brothers have it. Thankfully it looks like both of them will beat it but it's been a bad three weeks for one of them, he's a cancer survivor so it was very scary

I have lung issues so I can't go out in public without literally putting my life on the line. For that reason today starts the 4th week I'm working from home and I haven't been able to see my son who lives in NYC.
The only good right now is I can still take the ZL1 out and the roads are empty. I make sure and stretch it's legs every chance I get including this weekend. Nothing like HP to put a little fun back in your life
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE EVERYONE
Yes, you need to be extra careful. My best wishes for your friends and brothers for a full recovery.
I am in South Setauket, so pretty close to you! I am just up Nicolls between Mark Tree and 347. One of my friends/coworker lives in Selden.

Nobody close to me, but some friends and coworkers have had deaths in their family due to Covid-19 or complications from it. Too many people dying, why can't people just do the right thing? I still see folks around here going along like it is just another normal day, they need to wake up and get with it!
Old 04-07-2020, 06:30 AM   #397
Rob10CamaroSS

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Redline Phase 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
... Too many people dying, why can't people just do the right thing? I still see folks around here going along like it is just another normal day, they need to wake up and get with it!
I know right, WTF ??? I guess for those of us right in the middle of it watching friends and co-workers die or lose family members realize how serious it is. Body's stored in refrigerated trailers lined up one after the other, talk of burying them in Parks now and dealing with proper burials later. Family not being able to be with their loved ones as they die, or have funerals :(

My Mom died March 1st and I truly thank my lucky stars she didn't have to see this. It was very sad but strangely magical to be able to mourn and celebrate her death together with my 5 Brothers, Friends & Family (ya 6 boys) I can't imagine not being able to do that and I feel blessed I was able to just a handful of weeks ago...

For those of you in isolated areas I truly pray & hope you don't get hit like we are, DO THE RIGHT THING PEOPLE...
Rob10CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #398
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Quote:
Terribly sorry to hear this. deepest sympathy to your friend and his family, this is such a tragedy.
Thanks for the kind words my friend. I’m feeling a bit better today and I’m wishing everyone the best. Not just my close friend who’s grieving.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #399
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Coming up on my fourth week working from home. I'm regretting not purchasing more gear for the home gym ahead of time.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:56 PM   #400
Omega Doom

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
mlee- No problem and thanks for the kind words. In hindsight, I just can’t believe how fortunate we were. Seeing how bad this thing has gotten and how every corner of the globe has been affected is completely mind blowing to me. Makes me very sad. I strongly believe had the “Chinese government” given the world an early warning of just how bad the situation really was there, the rest of the world would have had a better chance to prepare or avoid this disease altogether. But that story’s for another day. I just pray that everyone on here and their families all stay healthy and safe. Social distancing will be our saving grace.
whats really staggering to me is the # of infected over there to the # recovered i read today it was nearly a 95% ratio how the **** is that possible!!!!
Omega Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:35 AM   #401
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Doom View Post
whats really staggering to me is the # of infected over there to the # recovered i read today it was nearly a 95% ratio how the **** is that possible!!!!
I think that a big part of that has to do with how the government in China protects its citizens.

For one, if you came down with Covid-19 in China, the entire treatment was paid for by the government. Also, to try to get people who feel they may be sick off the street they also offered money to those who thought they may be sick to come in to the hospital.

Because of the aggressive measures put inplace with social distancing and cutting off parts of the country and communities a lot of people were kept safe. I know this first hand because I live in Beijing and I have been inside since late January.

For instance, I don't know, nor have I heard of anyone in China coming downing with Covid-19. From all the groups I am involved with locally- car clubs, musicians, teachers and random friends, not once has anyone even mentioned they have covid-19 nor have they said they knew of anyone who did. This is not some conspiracy, because of the lock down, most people outside of Wuhan were pretty safe. In the whole of Beijing, with a population of over 20 million, there were only around 500 cases. However, from other members on this site, my friends and family in the states, I have been hearing a lot of chatter about getting sick.

Its a scary time in the world and everyone needs to play their part in being safe and smart. The best advice is to act like you are infected and everyone else is around you is infected too. Disinfect, wash your hands and disinfect often and don't touch your face.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:45 AM   #402
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
Prayers going out to everyone affected by this. So far don't know anyone personally here in Minnesota that has come down with it. My sister and I put my parents (85 and 78) on lockdown a few weeks ago and have not let them go anywhere. My Dad is not in good health and would probably be a death sentence if he were to get it. We get groceries delivered to them or drop them off ourselves. The company I work for sells used IT equipment so are considered essential. I can do most of my work remotely (support our internal IT) so that helps. My wife works at Honeywell in their avionics. She is off this week without pay and will do that again in May. Much better than being without a job like many are. Have a vendor from New Zealand and they are in a very strict lockdown but it seems to be working. They have only had a couple of deaths and more people now recovering than getting infected.
Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:13 AM   #403
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
Coming up on my fourth week working from home. I'm regretting not purchasing more gear for the home gym ahead of time.
I'm a test engineer at Garmin. 95% of my coworkers are working from home but I come in most days. Hell, someone has to support all those hiking, boating, fishing, scuba diving, and fitness products for all the people 'working' from home

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:28 AM   #404
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Also going on 4 weeks working from home, thankfully I can.
Myself and a bunch of the fellas at work have all decided no shaving! Plus, no barbers or anything open, so I figure we will all come out of this looking like mountain men! LOL!!!!
We do daily "check in" video calls in the morning for all the folks that worked in the same cube aisle, just a chat, some human interaction that is not work. Brings a little human back into it, plus occasional virtual happy hours!
Yay alcohol! LOL!

Starting to feel like an inmate. I can go outside when the weather is nice, take a walk, I live on a secluded cul de sac, but still feels awful confining!

We do what we need to do, stay home, stay safe, stay healthy!

So sorry for anyone on here suffering loss, unemployment or any other hardship as a result. Hopefully we will get out of this soon.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:15 AM   #405
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Also going on 4 weeks working from home, thankfully I can.
Myself and a bunch of the fellas at work have all decided no shaving! Plus, no barbers or anything open, so I figure we will all come out of this looking like mountain men! LOL!!!!
We do daily "check in" video calls in the morning for all the folks that worked in the same cube aisle, just a chat, some human interaction that is not work. Brings a little human back into it, plus occasional virtual happy hours!
Yay alcohol! LOL!

Starting to feel like an inmate. I can go outside when the weather is nice, take a walk, I live on a secluded cul de sac, but still feels awful confining!

We do what we need to do, stay home, stay safe, stay healthy!

So sorry for anyone on here suffering loss, unemployment or any other hardship as a result. Hopefully we will get out of this soon.

Hey man just a little info that I found out when I was doing the "No shave" thing.

The new beard made me touch my face too much, scratching, rubbing, etc. This is not the time to be touching our faces.

Also, beards don't allow masks to seal.

Of course, I got sick, so what do I know!?!?!?!?
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:18 AM   #406
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
I think that a big part of that has to do with how the government in China protects its citizens.

For one, if you came down with Covid-19 in China, the entire treatment was paid for by the government. Also, to try to get people who feel they may be sick off the street they also offered money to those who thought they may be sick to come in to the hospital.

Because of the aggressive measures put inplace with social distancing and cutting off parts of the country and communities a lot of people were kept safe. I know this first hand because I live in Beijing and I have been inside since late January.

For instance, I don't know, nor have I heard of anyone in China coming downing with Covid-19. From all the groups I am involved with locally- car clubs, musicians, teachers and random friends, not once has anyone even mentioned they have covid-19 nor have they said they knew of anyone who did. This is not some conspiracy, because of the lock down, most people outside of Wuhan were pretty safe. In the whole of Beijing, with a population of over 20 million, there were only around 500 cases. However, from other members on this site, my friends and family in the states, I have been hearing a lot of chatter about getting sick.

Its a scary time in the world and everyone needs to play their part in being safe and smart. The best advice is to act like you are infected and everyone else is around you is infected too. Disinfect, wash your hands and disinfect often and don't touch your face.

Wow! This is very interesting info. Please post more reports from Beijing.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote