Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #1
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
What are you guys using for your dogs in the Camaro?

So I'm getting a puppy soon, actually we should be able to bring him/her home at the end of next month. I have the Camaro and my fiancee has the mustang... Not the most practical, I know.

I've got one of those rear seat taco things, and we'll see how it works in the mustang, but it won't really hang off the recaros properly since I don't have the headrests.

Those of you who daily driver the Camaro, what have you come up with? I'm just looking for ways to protect the interior and keep puppy safe when we decide to take him out for adventure and stuff.

Our puppy is a golden retriever and coming from a breeder who runs a nonprofit organization that gives their dogs away and trains them as service animals. So very mild mannered and well trained, and he might even be able to sit in a dog harness in the front seat without causing problems.

I've also been searching for a suitable 4 door sedan... But nothing really replaces the Camaro for me. I'd love to get a Chevy SS, but they're holding their value a little too well for my budget.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by terry_b; 09-03-2019 at 04:39 AM.
terry_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Sorry, I use my truck.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:39 AM   #3
Vec
Tejas Hillbilly

Drives: 15 SS 2SS/RS LS3M6
I love my dogs, all four of them but they never ever go in my Camaro.

we have an old 2008 scion xD for general purpose chores.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:49 AM   #4
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
A golden retriever in any coupe is a recipe for disaster. If you're serious about getting a dog that size, then you really need to consider a new vehicle.

We have 2 English Bulldogs that we cart around in my 2019 Impala. It's a big 4-door sedan, and long trips can be a struggle as an SUV would make traveling much easier.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:57 AM   #5
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichler View Post
A golden retriever in any coupe is a recipe for disaster. If you're serious about getting a dog that size, then you really need to consider a new vehicle.

We have 2 English Bulldogs that we cart around in my 2019 Impala. It's a big 4-door sedan, and long trips can be a struggle as an SUV would make traveling much easier.
No way. My 1 year old English Cream Golden Retriever is just fine in my SS.
He sits on a large sheet on the passenger seat and never moves. I cut a hole
for the headrest which keeps the sheet in place. If he's good enough to be in
my house, he surely can ride in my Camaro.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:00 AM   #6
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Name:  3244FD88-506B-4F5F-9AD1-7954CE2ED9FE.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  34.8 KB
Old 09-03-2019, 08:07 AM   #7
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post

Good for you. Doesn't make it practical if you need to have someone else with you or if you like to take them places. We travel with our dogs and there is NO WAY you can comfortably do that in any car with 2 doors.

Love my Bulldogs to death. They don't belong anywhere inside my Camaro or GTO's.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #8
terry_b

Well I daily drive the Camaro, rain or shine... So I'm already desecrating my car by some standards around here.

Fact is, not many cars will check all the boxes and I see no need for an additional car. I'm considering something like an S4 but I really don't want to let the Camaro go.

I was hoping some of you had a few recommendations. I keep my car pretty clean, so it's not gonna be a big deal to vacuum some hair and wipe off the glass a little more often. Especially when you consider how awesome it is to have a doggo!

Old 09-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #9
terry_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post

Thanks for this, I'm hoping ours will ride really mellow. I've met a lot of English Goldens recently and they are the most well mannered dogs I've known!

Old 09-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #10
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichler View Post
Good for you. Doesn't make it practical if you need to have someone else with you or if you like to take them places. We travel with our dogs and there is NO WAY you can comfortably do that in any car with 2 doors.

Love my Bulldogs to death. They don't belong anywhere inside my Camaro or GTO's.

Same here. I had my Camaro for a week and wanted to take my English Bulldog for a ride. I covered the seat with a large sheet, picked him up and placed him in the car. In a matter of 3 seconds, he sneezed and blew bulldog snot from one end of the dash to the other. That was the first and last time he went for a ride in the Camaro.

Hey, some people don't mind and a car is simply 4 wheels and an engine. To me, it is something more. My toys are garage-kept, always pristine, works of art. To each their own.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #11
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
My dog will NEVER ride in my Camaro. He's way to hyper, his nails are always scratching stuff and every vehicle that he's in will have his fur stuck in it until the end of time. So that's a big hell no for the dog in the car.

As for in my other vehicles, my truck isn't too big of a deal since it's a work truck and it's a truck, so the dog is in it. My wife's car, I bought one of those "pet covers" from TJMaxx/Home Goods/Marshals so that the dog doesn't scratch the seats and the hair stays a little more contained.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #12
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
My 70lb pup lays on the weathertech floor mat. Puts his head on the seat and goes to sleep. He is my best buddy. He can ride in the camaro anytime.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #13
denboy1

Drives: 2014 2ss Convertible
I think you can get one of those D-rings for towing from the front and simply mount it on the back as shown.
denboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #14
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Exactly, even though our golden retriever is never allowed in the Camaro, she sheds so bad I still find an an an occasional hair in it.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote