The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-31-2018, 10:30 AM   #15
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
[QUOTE=SoCal Smith;10061392]A Revving Maserati Engine has a Biological Effect on Women.......

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a-...women-car-news

....makes sense while you like it so much[/QUO
Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 AM   #16
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
You guys complain about speed with the Maserati, why don't you just go Ferrari? A F12/812/California T will give you the GT tour feel while being a lot faster. (Granted you can put a 2x multiplier or more on every price...)
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:32 PM   #17
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
You guys complain about speed with the Maserati, why don't you just go Ferrari? A F12/812/California T will give you the GT tour feel while being a lot faster. (Granted you can put a 2x multiplier or more on every price...)
They run the same old 360 motor right? To me, that motor is a dog. Or was it the 430 motor? I forgot which one it was. Yea, the Mazzy kills it with the weight. Takes forever to rev out IMO.

I got smoked by a BMW 4 series. Not a M4. But just a regular 4 series.

The Mazzy is for show only. It has damn nearly zero performance in it whatsoever.

When I had my Z06, GTR, and Maserati in my garage, everyone stared at the Maserati. So, it does win in the looks/exotic dept.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:35 PM   #18
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
They run the same old 360 motor right? To me, that motor is a dog. Or was it the 430 motor? I forgot which one it was. Yea, the Mazzy kills it with the weight. Takes forever to rev out IMO.

I got smoked by a BMW 4 series. Not a M4. But just a regular 4 series.

The Mazzy is for show only. It has damn nearly zero performance in it whatsoever.

When I had my Z06, GTR, and Maserati in my garage, everyone stared at the Maserati. So, it does win in the looks/exotic dept.
The Maseratis are more of a GT/Daily driver/weekend cruiser car than their counterparts. They probably shouldn't be bought with the intention to be really fast.

*EDIT*

Alright you got me googling, looks like the 4.2L V8 Maseratis use the F430 block but everything else is specific to the Maserati (And specific to the F430), but they are completely built by Ferrari's engine shop. It was dubbed the F136 engine it looks like. And officially, was put into the Maserati first in 2002 and didn't get used in a Ferrari until the F430 in 2004. However, the block being the same, the internals and structure of the engine is radically different. Maserati F136 engines are crossplane crankshaft engines, whereas the Ferrari F136 engines are flatplane crankshaft engines. But, they are all built in Maranello. That would explain the power and revving differences. And why the F430 makes a lot more power and sounds a lot better

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 01-31-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:11 PM   #19
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
The Maseratis are more of a GT/Daily driver/weekend cruiser car than their counterparts. They probably shouldn't be bought with the intention to be really fast.

*EDIT*

Alright you got me googling, looks like the 4.2L V8 Maseratis use the F430 block but everything else is specific to the Maserati (And specific to the F430), but they are completely built by Ferrari's engine shop. It was dubbed the F136 engine it looks like. And officially, was put into the Maserati first in 2002 and didn't get used in a Ferrari until the F430 in 2004. However, the block being the same, the internals and structure of the engine is radically different. Maserati F136 engines are crossplane crankshaft engines, whereas the Ferrari F136 engines are flatplane crankshaft engines. But, they are all built in Maranello. That would explain the power and revving differences. And why the F430 makes a lot more power and sounds a lot better
yea, that's it. They use the 430 motor. I also think the Mazzy (not looking anything up) is a good few hundred lbs heavier too. I also thought Ferrari was more involved in the car than just the motor. I know the steering wheel is Ferrari for the most part. Maybe a few other parts.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:14 PM   #20
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I went to Maserati to cross shop before buying my camaro/stingray. I couldn't get over how dated they looked and worked inside. Totally shocking.. I didnt even test drive it. I like tech too much.

Who would ever ever thought the day would come when a guy would passionately choose a camaro over a maserati!? Well, I did anyway.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:17 PM   #21
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post
I went to Maserati to cross shop before buying my camaro/stingray. I couldn't get over how dated they looked and worked inside. Totally shocking.. I didnt even test drive it. I like tech too much.

Who would ever ever thought the day would come when a guy would passionately choose a camaro over a maserati!? Well, I did anyway.
We were cross shopping the Mazzy and the LexusLC500. Looking back, we should of went with the LC. The Mazzy is what it is. It breaks necks, has a gorgeous profile and exhaust note. It has the exotic look that is for sure. But, it's just a dead stick on performance and tech.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:13 PM   #22
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
We were cross shopping the Mazzy and the LexusLC500. Looking back, we should of went with the LC. The Mazzy is what it is. It breaks necks, has a gorgeous profile and exhaust note. It has the exotic look that is for sure. But, it's just a dead stick on performance and tech.
I looked at the LC500 also. Hard to place it into a category. Nice weekend cruiser, but definitely a big heavy slow boat. I thought it too won in the wow factor category, but I can’t buy a car just to impress other people who look at it. Not sure I will ever be at the point financially to justify spending $150+ on a sports car (Maserati) that is more car than sport .
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #23
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Congrats on the car, love the exhaust note on the GT. Also, the car is absolutely gorgeous.

Not sure why all the people are hating, human phycology would tell you its jealousy. You got a beautiful car, the fact would come onto a thread and bash someones nice toy is beyond me and shows there true colors and insecurities.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:45 PM   #24
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Congrats on the car, love the exhaust note on the GT. Also, the car is absolutely gorgeous.

Not sure why all the people are hating, human phycology would tell you its jealousy. You got a beautiful car, the fact would come onto a thread and bash someones nice toy is beyond me and shows there true colors and insecurities.
Oh please. Nobody here has bashed his car. If anything, we are all car guys and can openly discuss the pros and cons of owning one of these Mazzy's. I think the majority of us love the car. But, to those of us who have actually owned one, they are dead sticks. That's the facts. If they would upgrade their interior to the times and add another 50 HP, it would easily be a top 10 car. Hands down. But, they fall short for some odd reason and at $150k, it's not worth it. New that is.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:57 PM   #25
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Oh please. Nobody here has bashed his car. If anything, we are all car guys and can openly discuss the pros and cons of owning one of these Mazzy's. I think the majority of us love the car. But, to those of us who have actually owned one, they are dead sticks. That's the facts. If they would upgrade their interior to the times and add another 50 HP, it would easily be a top 10 car. Hands down. But, they fall short for some odd reason and at $150k, it's not worth it. New that is.
You have a fair point after all this is a car forum. Nothing wrong with people talking about what could be better about a certain vehicle.

However, would you agree there's a better place to discuss this? For example, the VS section.

I'm not sure about you, but if I just bought a 80k + car I wouldn't want to hear people talking about the negatives.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:59 PM   #26
kttxz06

Quote:
You have a fair point after all this is a car forum. Nothing wrong with people talking about what could be better about a certain vehicle.

However, would you agree there's a better place to discuss this? For example, the VS section.

I'm not sure about you, but if I just bought a 80k + car I wouldn't want to hear people talking about the negatives.
haha, true. there is nothing wrong with his purchase at all. At $80k. It's not a bad deal actually. I was speaking more of buying a new one at $150k. If anything, he did good. I'm the idiot. I bought one new at $156k, had it 3 months, then sold it. Lost my ass. So, I have no room to talk.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:00 PM   #27
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
I saw more Maseratis in Alabama then I saw in two years living outside Milan. Even the Italians refer to them as a "bastard cousin to Ferrari and Lamborghini". What does that tell you about them?

They are beautiful cars and their exhaust note is definitely worthy of praise but, outside of that they aren't worth the money.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:02 PM   #28
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
I saw more Maseratis in Alabama then I saw in two years living outside Milan. Even the Italians refer to them as a "bastard cousin to Ferrari and Lamborghini". What does that tell you about them?

They are beautiful cars and their exhaust note is definitely worthy of praise but, outside of that they aren't worth the money.
Agreed. And the sad thing is, it doesn't take much to get these cars back to their glory. Update the fkn interior to Mercedes level and upgrade the tech to Lexus Level and blamo. At $150k, these cars will fly. Oh yea, and add 50 more hp. At least get them up to the 500 hp mark. They can do that. But, they choose not too for some reason. They spent their $ on that damn Levante when they should of upgraded the GT and designed a better 4 door.