The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 06-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
New to Camaro6

I owned a 2010 2SS/RS M6 for three years, loved the car. Got thinking about 4 months ago of selling and moving to a gen6. The more I read about the gen6 the more I wanted one. I sold my 2010 a couple weeks ago and just bought a complete stock 50th Anniversary 2SS coupe. I wasn't looking for a Fifty but I wanted either grey, blue, white or silver and with MRC and NPP. This car had it all including a sunroof unfortunately but that wasn't a deal breaker. I also made the move to an automatic. As much as I love manuals it was more practical for a few reasons to go with the 8-speed this time. I felt like a manual was a must with the gen5 not so much with the gen6.

This car has 16,800kms (10,500 miles) on it. Driven on sunny summer days only. Car is absolutely mint inside and out. One owner car he was a older gentleman who kept this car in his climate controlled garage at all times. This car is 1 of 151 LT1 automatic's in Canada. No idea the build sequence because GM Canada opted out of the Poster/book/thank you Package program like the US owners all received. I'm loving the nightfall grey paint. Only mod I'll be doing right away is window tint. Next will be the dark tail lights and 3rd brake light. Still 2 years of powertrain warranty left. Feeling no shake or shudder with the transmission. Such a different beast than my gen5 and very happy I made the move.

Interested to know what everybody's using to clean their vinyl. I typically use Meguiar's Quik Detailer spray on my paint but wasn't sure I could use that on the vinyl. My car never gets that dirty I try to keep it out of the rain so its just dust/pollen I'm cleaning off the car 95% of the time. Not my daily driver.

Also can anybody tell me within the memory seat package if there's a setting so the seat moves back when you turn off the car. I can't find anything in the manual. Most manufactures call it something like "courtesy exit".

Thanks
Attached Images

50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #3
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Welcome and congrats on the Fifty!

Can't help on the seat, no memory in mine......for vinyl, my hood wrap I just wash with soap and water and dry immediately. Also what my manual states to do. I have used Zaino detail spray on it, but not directly, I just wipe over the hood with the now "treated" towel after I have finished the rest of the car.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
CamaroFan63
Sullie63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Welcome !!
Oracle clear side markers / LLmar tint sides and rear.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Member of SICC. Southern Illinois Camaro Club
CamaroFan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:07 PM   #5
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
Welcome and congrats on the Fifty!

Can't help on the seat, no memory in mine......for vinyl, my hood wrap I just wash with soap and water and dry immediately. Also what my manual states to do. I have used Zaino detail spray on it, but not directly, I just wipe over the hood with the now "treated" towel after I have finished the rest of the car.
Good point no direct spray on the vinyl thx.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Old 06-24-2020, 05:26 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-24-2020, 07:00 AM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Welcome, greetings, and congratulations.

For the memory seats... You should have four buttons on that switch on the door. The forward-most one would be the exit position (looks like the car with the driver's door open) which is shared between the two different memory settings. The part number for the switch is the same in the 2017 as it is in the 2020, and here's what my 2020 manual says on the topic:

P47: "Seat Exit Memory is not linked to an RKE transmitter. The position saved to (open door icon) is used for all drivers. To turn Seat Exit Memory on or off, see 'Vehicle Personalization Settings'..."

'Vehicle Personalization Settings' effectively tells you that if you want Seat Exit Memory to work, you have to turn it on and to read the section on 'Vehicle Personalization' for directions to do that.

On the Infotainment, you'll be adjusting Settings for Vehicle. The software and hardware for infotainment on the 2016-2018, 2019, and 2020 are not all 100% the same, but I trust you will find the section you need or someone with a '17 can guide you more specifically (I don't want to post the steps for my car because they could actually end up making it more confusing if they aren't exactly the same).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:12 AM   #8
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Welcome, greetings, and congratulations.

For the memory seats... You should have four buttons on that switch on the door. The forward-most one would be the exit position (looks like the car with the driver's door open) which is shared between the two different memory settings. The part number for the switch is the same in the 2017 as it is in the 2020, and here's what my 2020 manual says on the topic:

P47: "Seat Exit Memory is not linked to an RKE transmitter. The position saved to (open door icon) is used for all drivers. To turn Seat Exit Memory on or off, see 'Vehicle Personalization Settings'..."

'Vehicle Personalization Settings' effectively tells you that if you want Seat Exit Memory to work, you have to turn it on and to read the section on 'Vehicle Personalization' for directions to do that.

On the Infotainment, you'll be adjusting Settings for Vehicle. The software and hardware for infotainment on the 2016-2018, 2019, and 2020 are not all 100% the same, but I trust you will find the section you need or someone with a '17 can guide you more specifically (I don't want to post the steps for my car because they could actually end up making it more confusing if they aren't exactly the same).
Thanks for the info. I played around with it last night and figured out how to program the button that looks like "the driver's door open" to go to the exit position I want. But what I find weird is I have to hold it down till the seat gets to the final position then I can release the button. Same when I press #1 to go back to my driving position I have to hold the button down till it gets into the proper position then release. Is that normal ? I'll check the manual again more closely later today.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Thanks for the info. I played around with it last night and figured out how to program the button that looks like "the driver's door open" to go to the exit position I want. But what I find weird is I have to hold it down till the seat gets to the final position then I can release the button. Same when I press #1 to go back to my driving position I have to hold the button down till it gets into the proper position then release. Is that normal ? I'll check the manual again more closely later today.
If you are manually operating the memory positions, you have to hold the buttons. If you want the positions to be recalled automatically, you have to turn those features on in the Infotainment system. I agree that having to hold them down is atypical behavior as no other manufacturer does it that way... it's press and release.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote