Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #15
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
It starts to the left of the sun visor, gets the material wet then the carpet is wet.
Last night I put the blow gun on 100psi and tried to blow out the pluggedarea.
I heard a pop thinking I cleared it so I grabbed some water and poured it around the area where the drain is with the sun roof open and it literally just poured right down and out to the left of the clutch pedal....,,guesss I just blew out a connection point. Fml
Looks like I need too look into opening all these panel covers and piecing the drain back together or replace it.
How does the carpet get wet ...does it drip from from the left of the sunvisor ?

Here's a link to a diagram that shows the front tube routing

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c...oduct=10554091
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #16
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
I assume the connection between 12 & 8 in the drawing was/is loose and it’s getting in there but when I tried to blow out the clogged area it must of disconnected the coupling at 7,8 or 9 and now the water flows right down the inside of the molding or the upper connection cam undone and it flows inside the molding/paneling right from the top.
You wouldn’t have a drawing or instructions In how to gain access or open up the molding???
I’ll try and make a video later on.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #17
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
I assume the connection between 12 & 8 in the drawing was/is loose and it’s getting in there but when I tried to blow out the clogged area it must of disconnected the coupling at 7,8 or 9 and now the water flows right down the inside of the molding or the upper connection cam undone and it flows inside the molding/paneling right from the top.
You wouldn’t have a drawing or instructions In how to gain access or open up the molding???
I’ll try and make a video later on.
No don't have any instructions on how to get at the molding drain tubing, wish I did.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:32 PM   #18
bottletalk

I’ll postem when I find them, don’t want start prying shit off and busting clips etc.
if u know how it can’t be too hard.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:32 PM   #19
bottletalk

I looked at some “a” pillar support gauges installs and it looks like i(u) can access the drain tube from under that cover.
any other tips would be greatly appreciated!!?
Old 12-12-2020, 07:11 PM   #20
camguynj

Smart thinking to look up A pillar gauge install Wish I had more to offer. Good luck. Post back with your progress
Old 10-23-2022, 11:19 AM   #21
GermanToretto

Drives: BMW X5
I have encountered this issue too, but I have already taken my car to a car service. Over the years, the drain has been clogged, which has led to unfortunate consequences. Stagnant water causes active corrosion with all its consequences. From my personal experience, I recommend checking them preventively in cars with more than 50 thousand mileage and older than 5 years old. Or it is better to take the car to a mechanic, and he will install a drainage tube. While waiting for my car, I did some roof repairs on my house. I have already bought special sections and roofing screws at scrooz.com.au. I think you will be able to solve the issue.

Last edited by GermanToretto; 10-25-2022 at 11:39 AM.
GermanToretto is offline   Reply With Quote