Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #71
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Camaro forced me to drive using the mirrors. The crazy thing is that I love it now and do so regardless of what I drive.

Turning my head to look behind me seems insane when I can see everything around me using the mirrors. The blind spot monitors are my safety net that gives confidence for fast maneuvers.
If anyone is in denial about the ability of just "using your mirrors":

try an outing in road racing, where your head is specifically limited (actually anchored) against much rotation and you are forced to, almost literally, only use your mirrors as you weave between cars at high speed and into corners...

It is possible.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #72
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
have 3 degenerated vertibrae in my neck.i havent turned my head to back up in a long time.the camaro with backup camera is easier for me than my wifes 94 nissan sentra.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #73
Snrub

Drives: Gone: 2017 Camaro SS
Keep in mind every car on the list has to justify its spot every year. Multiple cars in the same class can be on the list, other classes have no cars represented. While the Mustang vs. Camaro comparison is natural, it doesn't mean it directly bumped it. It's interesting that the GT was listed, but not the GT350 as was previously on the list.

I am surprised the Mustang made the list. I get that the Bullet and GT PP2 are improved, but the regular GT really didn't have that many changes.

Quote from C&D's Camaro SS long term review: Chevy gets much right with the Camaro, but the coupe remains marred by deficiencies any reasonable person can’t ignore. If it could combine the strengths of unhinged performance coupled to downright comfortable ride quality with the ability to see out of the thing, plus some small-item storage, it would make the Mustang question go away entirely.
Snrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:29 AM   #74
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
One bone to pick about visibility out the left side-
I wish the rear view was slightly convex like the right side. Would help some with merging on expressways.
A really cheap fix, IMO. Would add significant flexibility.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:01 AM   #75
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
One bone to pick about visibility out the left side-
I wish the rear view was slightly convex like the right side. Would help some with merging on expressways.
A really cheap fix, IMO. Would add significant flexibility.
This is my solution and it works perfectly! The blurry image on that 2" mirror is an optical illusion - in real life they are perfectly clear and really help especially with parking closely next to curbs.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534582

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:14 AM   #76
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
No problem with visibility while driving I have even used the tiny quarter window yesterday. I too plan to park up closer & when I get out I left more room. Better than crashing the front, I guess.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote