Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #29
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #30
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
:resp ekt:: respekt::respe kt::r espekt::respek t::re spekt::respekt ::res pekt: :resp ekt:
camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #31
GMollohan12

Drives: '04 BMW 325i
Regardless of what car I ever have, I expect you to be there to shut my trunk whenever I need it...haha kidding. Cool story thought!
GMollohan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #32
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
<<<<< wondering if HE and the Buddie got any Women ?????? Screw the trunk story LOL ^5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPws6 View Post
Great job! Goes way beyond the light flashing or the Camaro wave.....then again, maybe he left his trunk open because he was unloading groceries, had his hands full and dropped the keys in the trunk...figured he would come back out and get them on the return trip back.........only to find HIS TRUNK WAS SHUT!!!
Haha I don't think so because it was only popped. You know when you hit the button and it unlocks it and only goes up an inch. So I could tell he/she hadn't just opened it and was coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
lol
I had to make that guys post worth something....

Now if that was the case, I'm sure that person now thinks a ghost frequents their camaro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolt45 View Post
What? Like somebody is going to steal his spare tire?
(SS humor... )

Have any of you popped your trunk while in the car?
I've even bumped the button on the door panel before.
I wouldn't care too much if someone stole my "inflating" goo filled can of crap. As if I'm ever using that sh*t!

And yeah I hit my trunk unlock button on the key sometimes, but never then inside button. Must be you, haha
Old 02-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
dolt45
Glorious Ignoramus

Drives: SS 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
And yeah I hit my trunk unlock button on the key sometimes, but never then inside button. Must be you, haha
:( I'm so lame.

Quote:
I wouldn't care too much if someone stole my "inflating" goo filled can of crap. As if I'm ever using that sh*t!
Pffft! When the Zombie apocalypse comes you'll be damn glad to have it young man.

Disclaimer: I really have no idea WTF I'm talking about.
dolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
:( I'm so lame.
Don't worry. I'll be lame with you......

Quote:
Pffft! When the Zombie apocalypse comes you'll be damn glad to have it young man.
Yeah, that crap might kill A ZOMBIE! In addition to my tire!

It's not going in my tire, no matter what happens!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #35
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Hopefully nothing was stolen already and now your finger prints are all over it!

JK thats kind of you sir.
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #36
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
I was waiting for the story to take a : And then he came running across the parking lot, yelling "My keys were in there!" turn. Muahaha. Good on ya. Thats Camaro Brotherhood for sure right there.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #37
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
Hopefully nothing was stolen already and now your finger prints are all over it!

JK thats kind of you sir.
I'm a suspect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
I was waiting for the story to take a : And then he came running across the parking lot, yelling "My keys were in there!" turn. Muahaha. Good on ya. Thats Camaro Brotherhood for sure right there.
Haha now that would be funny!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #38
MaRoFreK

Drives: IOM 1SS w/factory Hurst
Very few people would have done that. Way to be the MAN!!

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
MaRoFreK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #39
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRoFreK View Post
Very few people would have done that. Way to be the MAN!!
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #40
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
That is great that you did that for him. I would have done the same. As for someone stealing more than just a tire. Some of use have subs and amps in the trunk.

I went back to my dealer and had them look at my trunk issue again. Then found nothing. I bought the double tap resistor and I have found my trunk opened again. So I ran a bypass switch on the door, and it still opened when I wasn't around. I have now run another bypass switch in the fuse box with an inline fuse, so I know for sure my trunk will never be opened when I am not around.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #41
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
That is great that you did that for him. I would have done the same. As for someone stealing more than just a tire. Some of use have subs and amps in the trunk.

I went back to my dealer and had them look at my trunk issue again. Then found nothing. I bought the double tap resistor and I have found my trunk opened again. So I ran a bypass switch on the door, and it still opened when I wasn't around. I have now run another bypass switch in the fuse box with an inline fuse, so I know for sure my trunk will never be opened when I am not around.
Thanks

And it sounds like you had a lot of trouble with your trunk opener!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #42
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
So last night I was driving around in one of the dorm parking lots. My roommate and I were going to pick up a pair of ladies to go out. I decided to go the long way and snake through the long parking lot to see if there were any camaros in the parking lot that I hadn't seen driving around campus. We actually saw a couple, including a Victory Red LS that I idled by slowly. I hit the brakes and my roommate looked at me and said, "What?".

I put my camaro in reverse and backed up a few feet and looked at the camaro again. I noticed something odd; the camaro's trunk was open. Just popped though. I looked around and saw no one, lights were off in the car, nothing happening. Then I realized this person surely suffered from the accidental trunk open with the keys in their pocket.

Now, I like to think I live on a safe college campus, but lord knows how easy it easy to get your stuff stolen, ESPECIALLY with your trunk unlocked and waiting for the nearest thief. So I pulled the parking brake up, stepped out, and closed the trunk for whomever that camaro driver might be.

I'll probably never meet said camaro driver, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I got back into my camaro with a good feeling of satisfaction and drove on.

Truth be told, I wouldn't do that for any other car. It'd be too odd or feel too sketchy to do that for a random car. But something about that person owning a camaro made me go out of my way to keep 'em outta trouble.

What's that called? Shared Perma-grin perhaps?
Well , you could/should put in the trunk a note saying , HEY , YOU LEFT IT OPEN AND I CLOSED IT FOR YOU , so next time do the same to someone else.
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote