The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #29
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonulrich View Post
I have the exposed CF roof. It was on the showroom vehicle I purchased a day ago. I probably would not have ordered a car with it, but now that I have it on my car, I am glad I do. As long as I plan on keeping the car, the $2K is worth it to me. The roof is gorgeous.
Totally agree... it's really beautiful. I like all 3 tops... would love to have the exposed CF one too but unfortunately that would be an easy 3K for all the pieces from the parts counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulos View Post

Steven the more I study the pics the more I tend to agree I think on a brightly colored vette especially the black interrupts the lines making it "stumpier" solid Crystal Red I think it will be I'll save the 2K for speeding tickets.
Drive safe!

Interesting but a good point and obviously the effect is more pronounced in lighter C7 colors... also really depends on each of our own preference.

Here's a few more to compare & contrast (including Steven's TR!). Some like all 3 tops, some only 1. Roof finishes have various aesthetic effects... it's nice that GM offers these 3 options to fit each one's own taste.

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #30
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Drives: 1987 Corvette Convertible
Great post stingray. I have never seen a body colored TR car in person. I have to admit my bias, preferring the darker roof... clear or cf. It blends perfectly with the windows and hatch. Here is mine on the showroom. If you want other photos to help in your decision, I would be happy to assist.

Name:  showroom2.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  110.9 KB
carsonulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #31
Stingray
just can't get enough

Awesome TR! Congrats again and enjoy!

Been enjoying mine since last Oct.... Blade silver Z51 w/ 2 tops. Mine is on the left in tbat last pic.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #32
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Drives: 1987 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Awesome TR! Congrats again and enjoy!

Been enjoying mine since last Oct.... Blade silver Z51 w/ 2 tops. Mine is on the left in tbat last pic.
She's a looker. Silver is always a class color. Allowing the car's lines to speak for themselves without bludgeoning the ocular nerve with a popping color. That said, I haven't seen a C7 in a color I don't like.
carsonulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #33
Stingray
just can't get enough

Tadge talks about the transparent roof...
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #34
Bulos

Drives: 2015 Z51 2LT CRM & 2006 Scion TC
"Totally agree... it's really beautiful. I like all 3 tops... would love to have the exposed CF one too but unfortunately that would be an easy 3K for all the pieces from the parts counter."

yes Chevvy seems to have covered all the bases here what a great looking car it is so difficult to pick a favorite they all look nice, different but nice. I think I will go with the solid Crystal Red, for me it evokes the mood of a vintage Ferrari somewhat. Has the classic stance and looks like its doing 120 parked I CAN"T WAIT I an a 66 year old teenager.
Bulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #35
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulos View Post
yes Chevvy seems to have covered all the bases here what a great looking car it is so difficult to pick a favorite they all look nice, different but nice. I think I will go with the solid Crystal Red, for me it evokes the mood of a vintage Ferrari somewhat. Has the classic stance and looks like its doing 120 parked I CAN"T WAIT I an a 66 year old teenager.
True... diiferent style or moods, but all nice. Here's a daytime of pic my body-colored CF roof on, and then an evening pic with my transparent top on.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #36
Bulos

Really nice Stingray in fact silver and black are my other 2 colors I narrowed it down to including of course the Crystal Red. In silver it evokes moods of Mercedes 300SL and Aston Martins for me, very classy. I want to be trashy!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #37
toccitruck

Drives: Mack trucks
If you order the carbon fiber roof do you still get the painted roof with the car ?
toccitruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #38
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toccitruck View Post
If you order the carbon fiber roof do you still get the painted roof with the car ?
Good question... in short the answer is no. But first, to order the visible/exposed carbon fiber roof you must have at least a 2LT build since it's not available on the 1LT. Secondly, the roof package options available on 2LT and 3LT trims are only the 'exposed cf + transparent' OR the 'body-colored cf + transparent'. There is no current package option which allows you to receive both exposed cf & body-colored cf together.

Note: The $995 transparent top stand alone option is available on all trim levels but obviously you will not receive the body-colored roof.
Play with the build & price your own at: http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...-your-own.html
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #39
Steven Bell

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Originally, I ordered a C7 for an April 2014 delivery. The C7 I own now was ordered by someone else-they walked away from the car.

My original order was for a Carbon Fiber roof. The Stingray I own does not have it-I could purchase a roof after the fact. But looking at Corvette's with them, I don't like how the Carbon Fiber roofs break up the lines of the car. Even though I'm a Carbon Fiber freak, I'm glad my roof does not have the exposed Carbon Fiber roof.

By the way, I flew that Blue Angels F/A-18 Hornet.
Steven Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:26 PM   #40
Bulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Bell View Post
Originally, I ordered a C7 for an April 2014 delivery. The C7 I own now was ordered by someone else-they walked away from the car.

My original order was for a Carbon Fiber roof. The Stingray I own does not have it-I could purchase a roof after the fact. But looking at Corvette's with them, I don't like how the Carbon Fiber roofs break up the lines of the car. Even though I'm a Carbon Fiber freak, I'm glad my roof does not have the exposed Carbon Fiber roof.

By the way, I flew that Blue Angels F/A-18 Hornet.
I agree about the cf roof ruining the line flow........what's it like to ride in a military fighter jet?
Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #41
Steven Bell

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
It feels like a C7!......LOL

Flying with the Blue Angels was the coolest thing I've ever done by myself in my entire life. 5 days later, my daughter was born.
Steven Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #42
Jerry U

Drives: C7, Z51, Manual Trans, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco DT View Post
Thanks guy for clearing. Is it worth to pay almost $2K for visible carbon-fiber roof vs just the regular color match carbon-fiber roof?
I wanted the black wheels so thought the Carbon Fiber roof would be a great compliment. It sure is! May depend on the color you select but it looks great with the black wheels and the carbon flash bottom rear panel with my Crystal Red Metallic. Matter of opinion but I believe it’s worth the cost. With all the problems Chevy had getting the proper quality causing constraints, it may well cost more on the 2015!
Jerry U is offline   Reply With Quote