Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-08-2021, 12:44 AM   #29
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
🙄😥😯😞😭
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:21 AM   #30
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Cause I guess it's better to design a track car for looks than actual wind tunnel data. guess it's better to spend the day in last place on the track looking good instead of leading the pack. The Corvette has one single purpose, to win on Sunday not to please your sense of style.

Weird that other company’s can do both. And a Zo6?or better would be designed to win on sundays against mid engine.

The Stingray is not a track car (z06 is)for the guy who just wants a vet.

I personally think it looks good, just side vents out of place and wish it didn’t have a camaro rear end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:24 AM   #31
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
Oh no, what will the 70 year old men do without their 6th Corvette to go to daily bingo do?!

We’ll if that stereo type is real we are all hick bud drinking douche bags with modern day mullets....

Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:31 AM   #32
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
They look better with a good looking set of aftermarket wheels on them. All of the stock wheel options look hideous to me.
I agree with they look better with aftermarket wheels, I kinda like the look of the C8 until I walk behind it. It’s something about the look of the rear that just doesn’t do it for me.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:09 AM   #33
Zone5

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Dodge TRX
The C8 looks like it does because it is mid-engined. Mid-engined cars make better sports cars. Form follows function. Enthusiasts wanted a mid-engined Corvette because the balance would allow it to get as much power to the ground as possible coming out of the corner, and enable it to be very nimble, with a quick turn-in. Also, cars designed in a wind tunnel are swoopy and mid-engined because their coefficient of drag (parasitic and induced) is lower than a big, broad nosed car. Form follows function.

Look at McLarens, Ferraris, Lambos, Paganis, and most purpose-built race-cars: Indy cars, F1 cars, sports-racers, etc. All mid-engine. The C8 is a perfect swan-song for American designed and built, gas-powered sports cars. I love my ZL1, but I will be ordering a C8 (hopefully a ZO6) in the next couple of years. And I love the way the C8s look too.

PS. The reason you see a bunch of old men driving Corvettes is because they're the ones who can afford them. They don't really represent the car well, but it is what it is.
Zone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #34
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
We’ll if that stereo type is real we are all hick bud drinking douche bags with modern day mullets....

I resemble that remark LOLZ Being from Alabamy and all. But older now and had to switch to Bud Light
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:22 AM   #35
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
I agree with they look better with aftermarket wheels, I kinda like the look of the C8 until I walk behind it. It’s something about the look of the rear that just doesn’t do it for me.
I think it's the downward curve of the top of the rear deck, from the fenders to the center - like a little smile. Seems very out of place when everything else on the back end is straight lines and edges - looks like somebody put something heavy on it and it sagged.

Also not a fan at all of the side vent surrounds.

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote