Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 09-06-2021, 10:33 AM   #15
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i dont know,i think OP nailed it.good thing you had a dashcam,or you might have been out some serious money and gotten a real hassle.
Yeah, that’s what I got out of it. Thanks bro.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:35 AM   #16
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
I vote on the side of the OP…that’s some serious BS. Hope he gets disciplinary action other than a paid leave of absence.

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off. Hope you had the audio recording turned on, too. I’d be tempted to send a copy of it to the local news. Make sure he can’t do it to another innocent driver who doesn’t happen to have a dash cam.
Yeah, my friends have mentioned that to me, as well as posting this incident on social media. I agree, thanks bro.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:39 AM   #17
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
As the OP described it there was definitely some type of profile going on. Whether it was racial or “hot car” profiling, it was profiling. The route the OP described had one stop sign, yet the officer said several stop signs. Whether he can recognize cars or not the officer should know how to recognize signs as well as how to count. He had an agenda. It got thwarted by the cameras.
That’s right, I highly recommend dash cams to everyone for your own protection, you never know when it may come in handy.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #18
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
True but i would not file a complaint against the cop because the Op will definitely be on the radar screen and no I’m not in Law Enforcement. I say this as having some experience when I was stopped and put in the back seat of a police car for about an hour while they checked me out. A crime was committed by someone that was driving a blue Camaro and I just happened to be driving my 1982 dark blue Z28 at the wrong place and time. This was back in the mid 1980s and I thought about filing a complaint against the black officer but was advised by a cop friend to forget about it and move on which I did. I do understand the anger towards the cop by the Op though and believe his side.
One of my friends told me something similar, however he emphasized, that this cop is now going to be looking for me, since I got away, that now I’m on his radar. He urged me to file a complaint against the cop, I’m away from home right now, as soon as I get back to SD I’ll be filing a complaint. Thanks bro
Old 09-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #19
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Are you going to post the video?
Old 09-06-2021, 10:46 AM   #20
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
I feel for you. I had a time when I was younger, had a local sheriff hassle me me beyond belief. Punk kid with a big block nova, and he felt it was his duty to punish me. I have more guns drawn on me that I can count by the cops. Wrong place wrong time scenario. The standard guilty, until proven innocent is alive and well.
Yeah, it’s unfortunate that’s still the norm, thanks bro.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:55 AM   #21
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Please file the complaint with the video from the dash cam, if he did what you said his supervisor need to know. Unfortunately if he’s participating in illegal stops he will continue if no one proves it. You never know he might already have had similar complaints and he’s still continuing his behavior. If this Officer is doing illegal things he will lie about it and needs to be labeled as a Brady Cop.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #22
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I've had similar things happen and I'm white, so it isn't necessarily racial profiling.

Not only with cops, but judges too.
I’ve had many interactions with police, only twice have a felt it was racial, this being the second time. Sometimes it’s hard to get another persons POV when not all circumstances are the same. Thanks
Old 09-06-2021, 10:59 AM   #23
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
This story is very hard to believe. The cop’s behavior is so egregious it makes me think the OP is embellishing. If the events are true and you have video proof with audio recording the conversation, then you not only have a complaint but possibly a law suit.

I’ve only been profiled/hassled once by a cop in my late teens and although it was total bs, my 2 black friends and I (middle eastern) were cordial and defused the situation. I don’t recall the story to say the OP mishandled himself. I tell the story to say that was 30 years ago and can’t believe behavior like that still exists. It’s a shame really.

OP, sorry it happened but I’d encourage you to file the complaint. If that’s the cop’s MO, he’ll continue his behavior if it goes unchecked.
Come and visit San Diego, stay for a weekend, my story won’t be hard to believe after your stay. That being said, thanks bro.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #24
CreeperRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
Please file the complaint with the video from the dash cam, if he did what you said his supervisor need to know. Unfortunately if he’s participating in illegal stops he will continue if no one proves it. You never know he might already have had similar complaints and he’s still continuing his behavior. If this Officer is doing illegal things he will lie about it and needs to be labeled as a Brady Cop.
I forgot to include one las thing, as he gave my DL back and told me I was lucky, he asked me do you have any questions for me? I said no, because I didn’t feel s being around that guy any longer, nor did I want to be there another hour waiting for a Supervisor, I just wanted to go home at this point.

Thanks bro
Old 09-06-2021, 11:17 AM   #25
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Friday, September 3rd, at 9:58 pm, I was on my way back from work, when I stopped at the local 7-11. At this point I’m about a mile and a half away from my house. I wasn’t speeding, or driving erratically, I was driving accordingly.

So I’m at the light, waiting to make my left turn northbound, I notice a police SUV, on my left heading southbound. Thought nothing of it, as I’m making my turn northbound, from the corner of my eye, I can see him rubber necking. I proceed about 200’, I noticed a flash of headlights behind me, and see he’s busting a u-turn.

I pass a light, green light, then come up on the next one, red light. So I stopped, waiting to make a left turn now, going westbound. He’s trailing me, again think nothing of it. Light turns green, I make my left, then about a quarter mile I pass a green light, then another quarter mile I hit another light, red. Again, waiting to make a left turn, now southbound.

By now I left the boulevard, and heading through a residential neighborhood. The streets gets darker the further I drive, up ahead there’s a Stop sign. There’s a car stopped at the Stop sign, I stop behind him. I’m about a block away from my house. The car ahead of me proceeds, I pull up and make my stop. Normally I would stop 3 for 3 seconds, however there’s a cop behind me, so I wait 5 seconds. I proceed about 6’ when he lights me up!!

I pull over immediately, I turn my dome lights on, I put both my hands on top of the steering wheel. His lights are so bright I can’t see he’s face as he walks up to my window, plus he’s flashing his flashlight near my face, I can see his hands, and that he has no body cam.

However I saw his face earlier, so he comes up and asks me “ do you know why I pulled you over?” I answer, “ no I do not, can you please tell me why you pulled me over?” He answers, “you failed to make a proper stop at this Stop sing, you ran several red lights, and several stop signs as well!”

I said “bullshit, several Stop signs, so far there’s only one” He answers, “ well you failed to make a Stop at this sign, but you ran several red lights, I saw you!”
I answered “really?, several lights huh? Why didn’t you pull me over when I ran the first light?” Him: silence. After a pause, he says “ you’re about to get fined” He asked for my license, and as I’m giving him my DL, I tell him “ I made a proper stop at this sign, and I did not run several red lights!” He replies, “I saw you, you ran several red lights”

I tell him like this” you know what? Whatever bro, I got cameras! I got cameras, so do what you gotta do” He looked at my rear windshield, and saw my BlackVue. His whole demeanor changed, his tone of voice, everything changed, he took my license, he goes to his cruiser, and I guess he can see I own firearms, because he came back and asked me if I had any weapons in the car, I tell him no, he asked me again,” are you sure?” I said “yeah I’m sure”. Again, “ so if I search your vehicle I’m not going to find any weapons?” Me: “ yeah you’re not going to find anything ilegal”. Then returns my DL, and says to me “ I’m not going to fine you tonight, you’re lucky!, you can be on your way”.

I was so angry, I was doing nothing wrong, I was going the speed limit, I was tired after working almost 11 hrs, I just wanted to get home. Friday night, I thought,” I don’t think I’m going to make it home tonight!” I had a hard time going to sleep that night, because this human being who for what ever reason feels he can ruin someone’s life on a whim, almost applied his bullshit to me, my only salvation, my dash cam. Everyone, I urge you to stay vigilant and protect yourselves, , get a dash cam, cameras don’t lie.

Friday night lucky!

****ing crooked ass cop!

I’m filing a police complaint against this character, he doesn’t deserve to wield authority. It’s clear to me he racially profiled me, as soon as he saw a Mexican driving a Camaro, his crooked ass cop sense was tingling!
Where in San Diego was this? This is very disturbing...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 09-06-2021, 12:07 PM   #26
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
I know I am going to probably end up on the bad side of this and I'm not saying what you posted did not happen. I was a cop for 20 plus years. I worked in an exceptionally violent city in which the majority of the population was minority and not one time, ever, did I racially profile anyone. But I did work with a handful of idiots who eventually get weeded out, fired or quit. Most cops are doing the right thing and have the best of intentions. It takes a unique individual who has to deal with the worst of things for $40k a year. But as in any profession there are some dumbasses who do some stuff that comes to lump everyone in that job to be the same.

Now to be fair, there are two sides to every story. If you do have it on video, please share it Why didn't he pull you after the first red light, he was probably trying to establish if the driver was possibly a DUI.

I get you were pissed and if what you stated is 100% accurate you have every right to be, but your self admitted disrespect probably didn't do you any favors either.

I wore a body camera and had 2 in car cameras in my patrol vehicle for years. The best thing about them was they proved that more often than not the citizen complaining was full of shit and being untruthful. The look on their faces when they came to the station to watch video is priceless. Especially when it was someone not even there. Almost nobody asked to watch it again, apologized and left.

In society today, "TRANSPARENCY" is thrown around left and right. So if you find the time please share the video. As you said, "The camera does not lie."
Old 09-06-2021, 12:14 PM   #27
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
File the report. Cops don’t have an easy job, but there’s no reason that behavior should be rewarded. Reports such as yours hurt the officers chance of promotion (if the supervisor is doing their job, they’ll understands this guy is a liability).

As a side story: I had a friend file a report against a State Cop. The cops supervisor called my buddy and asked if he’d take an apology instead of going through with submission. My buddy said no, it’s too late for that. The supervisor informed him that this would hurt the officer for years to come. His response was simple- If the roles were reversed, I would have be fired on the spot, no benefits, retirement, lawyers or union on my side. I can live with my decision.

Even a short clip of your conversation with the cop would go a long way. ***I agree with Ckt227… post it up.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 09-06-2021 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added want to see video
Old 09-06-2021, 12:37 PM   #28
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
What’s up bro, it’s been a while since Camaro5.

I can respect your POV, however, I’ve been pulled over several times along the years, and only once before had I felt I was profiled, this incident being the second time. Last time was when I was 19, driving a Ford Taurus, that was 20 years ago.

It was a clear bright night, also plenty of lights on the boulevard, there was lots of people walking up and down the boulevard, potential witnesses. Not that many cars on the boulevard that night, also I don’t recall any other Muscle or Sports cars around my drive back home. Had I been the “guy” his was looking for, he wouldn’t need to follow me for a mile and a half, he would of pulled me over immediately. Wouldn’t you agree? If I were a cop thats what I would do.

You’re right, no one knows what he was thinking, only him. I though to myself, I believe this guy has been doing stuff like this to other people, lucky for me I just installed the dash cams like 4 weeks ago.

All SDPD are supposed to wear body cams, as well as the Sheriff Dept, he was not in compliance.
Yes it has. Wondered what happened to you. Usually people make that goodbye post. I started lurking on Camaro6 now because the other half has a 21 1LE A10 on order, it'll be my car to take care of.

Not exactly my POV by just a different view, kind of playing devil's advocate on the situation.
As far as pulling over not exactly. I've only been stopped twice and hopefully never get stopped again. Once in my old 04 Saturn Ion and once in my Camaro.....both times I was speeding. My Saturn I was trailed for over a mile when supposedly I was already clocked at a speed well above the posted limit. (wasnt going to argue because I was going well over that at a point in time...and I was a scared 18 year old with zero prior contact with LE). This time I was the only car on the road as well. Camaro I got stopped right away. Traffic stops depend on a lot of different factors. The lights thing you described is 1000% normal fyi.......especially in todays day and age.

As stated he may have been trying to establish PC for DUI. Its completely possible that the "redlight" was his PC for a stop and then upon stop making sure you werent a DUI. BUT again..... falsifying PC for a stop isnt ok...... also if thats what he was trying to do he should have had body cam since thats normal in CA.

Closed Thread