Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-13-2021, 09:54 PM   #1
soumikcha

Drives: toyota corolla, c8, lexus
should I buy this lemon camaro zl1?

So l am looking into this 2017 zl1 automatic with 31k miles. It is basically a clone of 1le except for the suspension. it also have Kooks Quad Tip Exhaust Upgraded throttle body with throttle controller Roto Fab Cold Air Intake BMR 1 lower springs . So original owner claimed the suspension had issues that caused the buy back. The car seems to ride fine. I am having issue finding a lender who will finance the car and my insurance also said the payout if the car ever is totaled will be significantly lower compared to a clean title car. Just trying to see what kind of value this car should be worth? I even called few dealers but they all seems to just low ball. I will probably keep the car for a year until I get my c8. I know the owner had it in market for over 2 months but no takers. current price asking is 51k but will take 47k.
soumikcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:20 PM   #2
Staves

Drives: women crazy
So original owner bought it as a buy back? Did orig owner put 32k mi on it? If so and it rides fine from a test drive, offer $45k or walk.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:35 PM   #3
soumikcha

so far have 3 owner. I assume the original owner had the issue. 2nd owner sold it with 22k last year around October in this group actually. Now the 3rd owner put about 9k. How can I get it financed? I called penfed, capital one, BOA, Wells fargo, suntrust and few other local to me but they do not want to finance a buyback car from private party. Only penfed offered to finance 24k, claimed thats the value they estimated for a buy back.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:20 AM   #4
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
The next buyer will have the same trouble getting it financed that you are having and you could be unable to sell it. PenFed gave you its current value. I’d walk away.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:58 AM   #5
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Too many indicators that you need to walk on this one. If no one wants to risk their money on a car loan in this instance, they're doing you a favor.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:14 AM   #6
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I say walk away. Asking for trouble.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:21 AM   #7
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Walk
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:45 AM   #8
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Run Forest Run

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:13 AM   #9
kgerm

Drives: 2018 ZL1
If you really want the car there are easy ways to get financed and insured as I’ll explain below.

Financing-you can visit a local dealer to ask that they do an in and out. They essentially broker the transaction for you and handle financing which makes it look like a dealer purchase rather than from an individual. My buddy who works for a large dealer charges 5-6 hundred dollars for this. They will obviously handle it like one of their transactions and offer to sell you warranties, etc.
Insurance-State Farm does not care about the title and how it was branded so long as the vehicle has been repaired. So there would be no diminished payouts, etc. it would pay according to blue book for a car with the same title and or accident history.

I hope this helps and in no way saying to buy or not to buy. You will have to look at the car and judge for yourself if you trust the seller then determine if the reduction in price he is offering is enough. When I purchased my 1LE there was a dealer in California selling a lemon law hyper blue metallic 2SS 1LE and has 0 price break on it. They said since it was due to a trunk leak that had since been fixed they wouldn’t budge.
kgerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:20 AM   #10
soumikcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgerm View Post
If you really want the car there are easy ways to get financed and insured as I’ll explain below.

Financing-you can visit a local dealer to ask that they do an in and out. They essentially broker the transaction for you and handle financing which makes it look like a dealer purchase rather than from an individual. My buddy who works for a large dealer charges 5-6 hundred dollars for this. They will obviously handle it like one of their transactions and offer to sell you warranties, etc.
Insurance-State Farm does not care about the title and how it was branded so long as the vehicle has been repaired. So there would be no diminished payouts, etc. it would pay according to blue book for a car with the same title and or accident history.

I hope this helps and in no way saying to buy or not to buy. You will have to look at the car and judge for yourself if you trust the seller then determine if the reduction in price he is offering is enough. When I purchased my 1LE there was a dealer in California selling a lemon law hyper blue metallic 2SS 1LE and has 0 price break on it. They said since it was due to a trunk leak that had since been fixed they wouldn’t budge.
hmm. That is very interesting. I did not know that. Now I guess I need to figure out what will be a reasonable offer. Specially since I will have difficulty reselling it back. I was looking through the timeframe the car had in between sale was longer than 90 days and it was moved around as well. lol
Old 09-14-2021, 10:30 AM   #11
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Nope. Keep looking!��
Old 09-14-2021, 10:36 AM   #12
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Absolutely not if you are only going to keep it for a year. You will likely lose more money on the trade in or sale compared to a clean title example, or at least have a much harder time selling it. Plus you could find a stock 2018 ZL1 that would still be covered by the factory 5 year / 60k mile warranty during your 1 year of ownership if you avoid modding it. Modding a car you are getting rid of that soon doesn't make sense IMO especially if it is still covered under warranty.

If you were going to keep it for a long time maybe if you got a really good price but still risky as it could be an intermittent issue that will show up again after purchase and then you are stuck trying to diagnose and deal with it.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #13
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
never get into a vehicle or toy that you cannot easily get back out of. never know what life will toss at ya.

that said I'd run far away from this lemon. when that time comes that you may need to dump it just like a couple other owners, you will be sitting for a minute, likely taking a bath on it and lots of unnecessary stress in life.

all my .02.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:16 AM   #14
jbp8653

Drives: 2017 ZL1,2013 ZR1, 1952 C3100 Resto
You can never buy a lemon cheap enough.......just my opinion......been in the car biz for 40 years!!!!!

2013 ZR1 60th Anniv.

1952 C3100 resto-rod. LS6, 4L60e, 228R cam
jbp8653 is offline   Reply With Quote