The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 10:52 AM   #29
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
https://www.york.cuny.edu/news/a-tal...x-and-covid-19

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:00 AM   #30
FarmerFran

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-do...s-here-to-stay

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:42 PM   #31
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
'There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. ' (Mark Twain) If there had been an internet when Twain made that observation he might have added "The Internet". Be careful of those so-called "trusted sources" you might find on the internet.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:17 PM   #32
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Last I saw from the CDC was that vaccinated are less likely than unvaccinated to acquire and transmit.

I don't feel one should dismiss all early studies solely because some early studies are wrong, each study should be considered on its own merits.
Quite frankly, I do not believe anything surrounding this due to all the propaganda/hype, mis-steps/mis quotes from "experts", or public and government pressure to conform.

When there is an ample body of proof, I'll examine it.

Even your "5x vs 29x" example is void of qualifying parameters.
What was the study length of time, age groups, medical condition, sex, et. al. were used to come up with that statistic?

Quote:
Do you think the virus would have less chance to mutate if more were vaccinated?
No. The influenza shot has proven this. Survival of the fittest, as well as natural selection, will also come into play. This is why the "Lambda Strain" is out there, but not gaining traction.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:27 PM   #33
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
The numbers I have seen are that 30% of people do not have symptoms:
80% have no symptoms, or mild symptoms. That, to me, means similar to the flu and not needing any type of doctor visit.

Quote:
I know several people who got it and said it sucked bad. Sickest they have ever been.
I know people, including 2 of my children, who were positive, had nothing more than the sniffles, and were over it in 2 days. I know people who lost their taste/smell for 4 months, but said they could of worked through it. They've been way more sick from the common flu. I know people currently in the hospital for the last 3 weeks on breathing apparatus.

It all depends.

Quote:
I don’t think people should be forced to get the vaccine but I’m also not going to be too keen on wearing a mask to protect others who have chosen not to get a vaccine.
I completely agree. You should wear a mask (or not) if you choose to do so.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #34
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Quite frankly, I do not believe anything surrounding this due to all the propaganda/hype, mis-steps/mis quotes from "experts", or public and government pressure to conform.

When there is an ample body of proof, I'll examine it.

Even your "5x vs 29x" example is void of qualifying parameters.
What was the study length of time, age groups, medical condition, sex, et. al. were used to come up with that statistic?

No. The influenza shot has proven this. Survival of the fittest, as well as natural selection, will also come into play. This is why the "Lambda Strain" is out there, but not gaining traction.
The cdc link explaining all the details is above the image.If you saw it and just don’t want to read it, that’s cool too, but the information is there if you’d like to read it before dismissing it.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:44 PM   #35
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Old 08-30-2021, 07:30 PM   #36
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
The cdc link explaining all the details is above the image.If you saw it and just don’t want to read it, that’s cool too, but the information is there if you’d like to read it before dismissing it.
Thanks for clarifying. The link blended with the graphic.

I breezed thru it and found words like "age adjusted" and other statements that could possibly skew findings. Also, it is a limited study (3 months) in one geographic area (LA), with a small percentage of people studied (43,127).

That study group is 0.0198001213% of the total cases.

With that being stated, it still doesn't give a reason to mandate people to take an unproven drug into their body against their wishes.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:19 PM   #37
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Name:  1C7FB0DE-0CC7-4D91-AA2D-61B6D7BB227E.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  43.7 KB
Old 08-30-2021, 08:23 PM   #38
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Name:  9BAB0365-0A36-4704-B528-002E56052F5B.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  60.7 KB
Old 08-30-2021, 08:42 PM   #39
FarmerFran

Someone please show me were the FDA approved or disapproved anything on those lists

Here is a FDA FACT

https://www.fda.gov/tobacco-products...nts/cigarettes

Old 08-31-2021, 11:17 AM   #40
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Someone please show me were the FDA approved or disapproved anything on those lists

Here is a FDA FACT

https://www.fda.gov/tobacco-products...nts/cigarettes
Not to be a smart ass...

I think your link answers your question:

"FDA regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of cigarettes, including components, parts, and accessories, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) and its implementing regulations."
Old 08-31-2021, 01:40 PM   #41
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Here's my take on this, my opinion. Why is it that during this resurgence, almost all of the people hospitalized were/are unvaccinated? Hmmmm, what does that tell you? It tells ME that the unvaccinated are vulnerable to the virus, and that they are also spreading it to other unvaccinated individuals. Hence, the spike in cases mainly in areas where the vaccination rate was LOW. Hmmmmm. Do you think there's a correlation? I do! Would the U.S. be going through this resurgence if the vaccination rate were 80% or higher? I doubt it. It appears to me that this is common sense. Sorry, one can't say it's a "personal choice" if that choice effects others as well. Which it clearly does, as we have seen. No, there are no guarantees that you won't have some side effect. However, millions of people have taking the shot and we are not walking around turning into Zombies, as some have claimed. Years ago, we never saw this type of push back to vaccines that our medical community stated was ok to take. Why now? Hmmmm, I wonder why. Keep listening to Fox news. When you or your loved ones are dying, like many are, you too will be saying, "I wish I got the shot!" Too late then!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2021, 01:42 PM   #42
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Not to be a smart ass...

I think your link answers your question:

"FDA regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of cigarettes, including components, parts, and accessories, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) and its implementing regulations."
ok that is one thing on that list. Here is the one for Formula...

https://www.fda.gov/food/people-risk...fant-formula#2

So reading that tells me that list is a fear mongering ruse

Closed Thread