The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-13-2021, 10:01 PM   #15
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
I wish, I could get these surveys.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:48 PM   #16
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUNDVL View Post
I guess people here like going slow?
Can't charge at home where I live I am an apartment dweller. Residents here voted against chargers being put it in because of not wanting to pay for it. No apartment complexes that I saw nearby had any either.

I also like living where I live currently and do not want to move.

The price I paid for my LT1 in the mid 30k range new in 2020 gave me what I believe to be the fastest car in the price range (well there was the mustang too but I liked the Camaro better) there is not an ev at the price range that comes close to the performance at that price range at the time and probably still isn't.

Has nothing to do with speed in my situation.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:41 PM   #17
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post

The price I paid for my LT1 in the mid 30k range new in 2020 gave me what I believe to be the fastest car in the price range (well there was the mustang too but I liked the Camaro better) there is not an ev at the price range that comes close to the performance at that price range at the time and probably still isn't.

Has nothing to do with speed in my situation.
Great bang for the buck with the LT1. With the battery and drive units prices coming down over time it is realistic to see ZL1 performance in the 40k range soon. EVs should actually cost less to make them go fast. Battery, inverter, drive unit(s). I think we have reached a point though where 0-60 times are not a usable benchmark anymore. Performance EVs will effortlessly smoke just about anything off the line and gap anything in the usable 30-70mph range, but so what... We need performance cars the have great handling, tech, styling, etc. I am interested at what Chevy will come up with in the performance EV division.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 02:56 AM   #18
len_eng

Drives: 2024 Radiant Red 2SS, 1994 Z28,
Lets add one more issue to the cons. I recently had a lightning strike, It took out everything in my garage (door openers, lighting timers for overhead lights, outdoor lighting transformer and controller and in ground irrigation timer). Thank Goodness I did not have an electric car. My two Camaros run fine as does my wifes Malibu. An electric car would probably have been damaged (at least the charger) which would have prevented me from getting to work or replacements for the stuff that is damaged.
len_eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 07:40 AM   #19
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Most of those HERO runs can be done once in an electric vehicle.

C/D tested a Tesla and found this out.

The batteries a motors get too hot.

The other thing is price....anything worth having is out of touch to everyone but the 1%

Sell me that Rymac for $75,000 and I would be all over it
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:18 PM   #20
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
all the crazy fast cars are 200k plus the rimac is like 2 million it is not going to be a prevalent issue for a long time as the people dropping 2 mill on a car or even 200k are probably not launching their car as much as a typical Camaro/mustang/hellcat owner. I really don't see whiplash being an issue with a seat/seatbelt but maybe? Once battery technology gets better, there will also likely be tuners or people to manipulate the torque management and make more affordable Ev's crazy fast.
All these super cool "zero emissions" EV's will not be tunable. No new cars will be whether its an EV or ICE. To have super awesome driverless cars so you can play video games, tweet, and instagram while your car is driving you around will take completely locked down vehicles, they will not be tuneable, there will be no tweaking to make anything faster. Sad to say tuning has come to the end for new vehicles.

All that being said personally I think EVs are great given advancements in battery technology. I think they offer very good alternatives to ICE vehicles in certain situations. I think offering them side by side with ICE along with a full continuum of hybrids is the best idea. I think the worst idea is to ban ICE vehicles.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #21
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
How fast I might be going is totally irrelevant if I'm enjoying the drive. Which is pretty much the whole time I'm behind the wheel.

Doesn't matter one little bit to me if that might not be fast enough to satisfy you. That's your problem, not mine.

Norm
Old 08-16-2021, 02:36 PM   #22
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
How fast I might be going is totally irrelevant if I'm enjoying the drive. Which is pretty much the whole time I'm behind the wheel.

Doesn't matter one little bit to me if that might not be fast enough to satisfy you. That's your problem, not mine.

Norm
EXCELLENT POINT(S). Being the fastest with the mostest has always been a heated discussion. My '71 Olds Cutlass certainly was not as fast as a '71 Hemi Cuda but it was and still is plenty of fun for me. When asked to compare the excitement between my Olds and my Z/28 I reply my Olds is "a different kinda fast". It's all about the enjoyment.