The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Base Stingray?

We're aware the Z51 is a desirable option and a good deal... but curiosity asks if anyone is planning to order (or ordered) a base non-Z51 Stingray?

Below is a snapshot of a major national dealer's incoming inventory and as you can see... all are Z51 equipped. Base Stingrays may be quite rare, initially perhaps.
Attached Images

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
tsekhar

Drives: Toyota Avalon Hybrid, Nissan Titan
I did. Night race blue, automatic, dual mode exhaust, Kalahari and 2LT with Nav. Even though the added cost was about 5k for the Z51 with MRC, it was an addition that I really did not need. The mere "low cost" of the addition could not be justified. I'm going to use it as a daily driver and as a tourer that also just happens to be able to go like a bat out of hell!
tsekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Stingray
just can't get enough

I'm thinking it's at least 12 months before we start seeing local inventory Stingrays sitting on the dealer lots available for sale (not customer ordered units) whether base or semi-loaded ir fully optioned models.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
mark0202

Drives: car
2LT in Torch Red

I went with the 2LT...after going back and forth several times. In the end, it came down to what I wanted to do with my car and that was to use it as my everyday go to car. I would probably not use any of the higher performance aspects of Z1 package....so I went with the 2LT with most of its options.

Just a preference thing.....but it took me sometime to settle in.
mark0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I'm thinking it's at least 12 months before we start seeing local inventory Stingrays sitting on the dealer lots available for sale (not customer ordered units) whether base or semi-loaded ir fully optioned models.
I say less, maybe 6. There are already at least a dozen dealers that have a Stingray on the floor. Now I heard 75% of ordered C7's had the Z51 option. But as time goes on the base C7 will increase. BG is also pumping them out like crazy.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
I say less, maybe 6. There are already at least a dozen dealers that have a Stingray on the floor. Now I heard 75% of ordered C7's had the Z51 option. But as time goes on the base C7 will increase. BG is also pumping them out like crazy.
Yeah I think you're right... maybe even sooner?? For example, the base black Stingray I test drove a few days ago was a dealer-ordered unit since they had extra allocation to burn up... turned out it still got sold within 5 days on the lot. BG is indeed pumping out units... that's a good thing.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
jb306y

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I just ordered a Non-Z51 last night. I was on the fence on getting a Z51 or a base unit, but the delays with the Z51 made my decision. Printout said it went right to 2000.

Laguna Blue
Chrome Wheels
Kalahari/suede
Performance Exhaust
NAV
Spoiler

RJPDGV Oh
Jim
jb306y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb306y View Post
I just ordered a Non-Z51 last night. I was on the fence on getting a Z51 or a base unit, but the delays with the Z51 made my decision. Printout said it went right to 2000.

Laguna Blue
Chrome Wheels
Kalahari/suede
Performance Exhaust
NAV
Spoiler

RJPDGV Oh
Jim
Nice little build there... who would have thunk it that currently it's the Z51 that's in high demand... demand > supply.

More and more we'll see non-Z51 units... I already hear a few dealers are willing to give discounts, small but still discounted.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
It's the best option currently. When all the hardcore corvette enthusiasts get their cars non Z51 orders will start pouring in.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
occar

Drives: n/a
There was a red base model with auto and nothing else sitting waiting for pick up when I picked mine up.
occar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
SilverRay

Drives: 2014 Silver C7 Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb306y View Post

Laguna Blue
Chrome Wheels
Kalahari/suede
Performance Exhaust
NAV
Spoiler

RJPDGV Oh
Jim
Congrats on your order, however it sounds like you wanted the Z51, Personally I would have waited for the Z51, just for the reason of where you live, unless it’s your only transportation, by the time you get it do you think you’re going to get much drive time in for the next 4 months, I wouldn’t want to settle for something I didn’t want just put it in the garage.
SilverRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
Highway 61

Drives: 2014 Stingray
I originally thought I had to have the Z51 package, but after viewing more pictures, I don't plan on ordering it now because I like the look of the car better without the spoiler and I like the looks of the standard 5 -spoke wheels better than the Z51 wheels. I also prefer the Gray painted brake calipers over the black.

I thought having the dry sump oil system would be neat to have, but I don't plan on ever using it at the track, so do I really need it. I also don't like that you have to mess with two drain plugs and that it takes 10.3 quarts of oil for do it yourselfers. Why not 10 quarts so two 5-quart jugs do the job?

I don't plan on ordering until late February unless discounts are not available yet, but my only must have options right now are the Performance Exhaust and the battery protection.
Highway 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I chose from the start that I wanted a base c7...reasons:
1. Wider look without spoiler
2. Dislike all the wheels...putting on my own
3. Want the std suspension, daily driver, no testosterone "track options" need here
4. More money to add options
5. Don't care about selling, resale,etc.

When I get done with my mods, it will look as bad as any c7 here....stay tuned
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #14
mjw930

Drives: 2015 Porsche BGTS, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
It's the best option currently. When all the hardcore corvette enthusiasts get their cars non Z51 orders will start pouring in.
That plus dealers are being forced to order base cars or lose their allocation slot. 6 weeks from now base cars will be readily available all over the country.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote