Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #15
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAMOS78 View Post
another key issue:
old key works and turns the car on. key fob does not work.
any ideas?
thanks for the help
When I bought a new remote (not a key fob) for our Pontiac I went to the dealer. They charged me $12.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
Bear

Drives: 2015 Green Flash 2SS M6
The method to add another fob did not work after several attempts on my 15. It won't start car or do doors. Here's the weird part. If I start the car, turn off and immediately insert new fob car WILL START. It also tells me still to service anti theft system. I went for a quick drive to clear that but no go. Then I come home, turn off car and nothing. New fob won't start car or do doors. I never get the screen that says how many keys are programmed. I gave up and just put the new actual key in the old key fob that the dealer removed. Any clues as to what's going on?
Old 07-01-2019, 07:55 AM   #17
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Hey guys and gals! Okay, I have been wrestling with the fob problem for several months now. So the buttons on the remote were becoming non usable and falling out.
So I decided to purchase a couple of new ones from Ebay. It took awhile to get them(2) and the price was right. Well they were cheap Chinese. Okay so they finally get here and I wanted to get them both cut, but did one at a time to make sure it worked. So they charge me 8 or nine bucks at Ace and they were not sure how to go about it. But they cut the first and got in the car and worked from the git go; no programming needed.
So I get the next one cut and figured this one would go the same way. Nope. So I tried the various methods to no avail. Well I took the electronics out of the original GM keyfob and get it into the new cheap Chinese and nothing, wind up destroying it in the process. So put the original back together and taped it and at least it worked.
So I decided to get 3 more but this time I looked for the ones with the fcc and gm part numbers etched in the recess for the blade. So now I have three blades that unlock the doors. So I know I am on the right track.
So now I have three cut blades, three GM fobs, and one cheap Chinese fob, and the original fob. So I took out the blade from the original and pitched it. So I assembled two GM fobs with the blades and the cheap Chinese had a blade. The fourth GM didn't have a blade. But that's okay for now.
So I would try the GMs and got nowhere. Only the cheap Chinese worked. So I mess with on and off for a few months. Some how I got one GM fob blade combo to work after messing with it and couldn't remember how I did it.
Anyway, I had a GM and the cheap Chinese that worked fine programmed opens doors and starts the car. One GM with a blade only opens doors, and one GM with no blade doesn't open doors. So I was working with the GM that didn't start the car. So I put in the cheap Chinese which worked everything in, turn it to on, wait for security to go out, remove it, place it back in, turn on, wait for security light to go out, and remove. Place GM that only opens the door into ignition, remove it, did it 5 times and started jiggling the key in the ignition and got it to work. Took the blade out of the cheap Chinese and placed it into the last GM fob. So all I did with the last new one was insert it into the ignition and it started right up. So all four are programmed, and the cheap Chinese will the backup if necessary.
The important thing to remember is if the new cut fob and blade just open the door and doesn't start up, place your original into the ignition and remove twice. Then take the un-programmed new one and place it into the ignition and remove it five times and insert it the sixth time it should work then. So I now I have four keys that are programmed and my brother has the spare original, which makes five. So now I am topped off. If you are having trouble don't give up, try the five time method. It is somewhere on the forum, just keep trying. and you can PM me if you need help. Troy Lawson
Old 07-04-2019, 03:28 AM   #18
FLGator75
Don't Tread on me!

Drives: 2017 Yellow Camaro RS/V-6.
Send a message via ICQ to FLGator75 Send a message via AIM to FLGator75 Send a message via Yahoo to FLGator75
Isn't it possible to just put the key part of the old fob into the new fob body?
FLGator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:32 AM   #19
PowertoLove
Banned

Drives: A Sneaky Fast Camaro
How do I program a just a new FOB? No key, the key is on my key chain.
PowertoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #20
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator75 View Post
Isn't it possible to just put the key part of the old fob into the new fob body?
The FOB has the chip that the Camaro needs to learn.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #21
sprintguy1

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Why are you getting another cut? If you pop that pin out, you can use your original key. That's all I did..Also on YouTube.
sprintguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #22
bertha01

Drives: m5
an interesting question. I too was looking for it
bertha01 is offline   Reply With Quote