The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 10-23-2015, 01:07 AM   #1
vpr klr

Drives: 2016 Z06 AW - Born and Parked @ BG
GM Needs to Assist Its New Customers with the Sirius Subscription GM "Gave Us"

If you own a 2016 Corvette, that is either a 2LT, 3LT, 2LZ or 3LZ, as part of your corvette purchase you receive the 3 month trial subscription from Sirius, and then YOU paid for 9 additional months of Sirius service.

What apparently is happening (in many cases - we are talking 1,000's of cases), Sirius is ignoring the 9 month you paid for at the conclusion of your initial trial, and then are calling you (at least me) every single day on my cell phone, saying my service will be cut off if I don't buy from them then and there, and they don't care when you tell them you have a active subscription they need to attach to your account.

Today, they finally discontinued my service, even though I purchased the car on July 17, with a years worth of subscription (between the 3 month trial and 9 months I paid for.

I have:

1) Spoken to sirius until I am blue in the face.

2) Called my dealer, who at the time of the sale said they wanted me 100% satisfied, so If I need anything they would be there......they needed a perfect report card. Well now, they are saying this problem has nothing to do with the sales department at the dealership, and they know that GM Customer Care is saying this was part of their responsibility (to get the trial and subscriptioh set up on the vehicle at the time of sale).

I really wish I could take my new car survey back, because they are useless on this one, and act like they dont care.

3) GM Customer Care is sending me back to the dealership.

I am so damn mad now, I can't hardly see straight. I am at the point to where I will not recommend GM or its products to anyone but my worst enemy.

No one will take responsibility, and I am at the point to where I am going to call a law firm in Chicago that does nothing but handle claims of customers with major manufacturers. I used them once before, and they were successful in getting GM to buyback a lemon, that had 50,000 miles and 4 years old. That is a different story, but dont let any attorney, dealer or otherwise tell you that you are limited by the state lemon laws. Its NOT TRUE! There is a federal lemon law, that applies to all products, including vehicles, and it extends to 50% of the useful life of an item, whatever it is.

That was the only way i got GM's attention, as they told me up until they got the attorney letter to go S---W myself. After that, they wanted to know why i didn't try harder to work with them.

Well, I am at my wits end here, and someone with GM needs to take this one and get it fixed. This is just wrong, and I am not sure its not criminal, if it can be proved that Sirius knew, or should have known, and/or GM knew this was a problem and not addressing it and letting their customers unknowingly pay for a service they knew the customer had already paid for.

GM wants to say they and Sirius are two different companies, and there is nothing they can do. I say, and believe the law will agree, that GM sold me a car with a suppliers product (Sirius), that I specifically paid 9 months of subscription to GM, so they are on the hook for making it right.

I don't know if anyone here has any connections with GM customer service or Sirius, but it would sure would be nice for someone one of these places to work this out.

When you buy $100k car, should get a certain level of service. its no different when dealing with BMW, Mercedes, or Lexus. They realize making sure the customers experience as good as possible is part of their job...

I wonder how many have not looked at their window sticker, and don't know they have paid subscription when sirius calls them to hassle them into buyihg a plan they have already paid for?
vpr klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Sirius XM Radio Cancellation

I went through the same problem on Oct 15. My car is a Z06 and was delivered on June 16th. Sirius kept saying it was a dealer problem because the dealer had not paid the subscription. After 30 minutes on the phone, I asked for a supervisor and they gave me the same BS. I called my dealer and talked to the group that delivered the car. He was aware of this common issue and said he would look into it.
I also called Chevy Customer Care. Talked to someone who had such a horrible accent I only understood about 3 of every 5 words. She kept telling me I only had a 3 month trial. I finally got her to shut up and look at the web site for ordering Corvettes. When you look at Interior tab and go to XM radio, there is a screen that says 2LZ & 3LZ cars get a year trial. She finally said I get a year and gave me a case # and said she would contact XM.
After I got off the call with her, my dealer called back and said they had it resolved.
I got a survey from Sirius and rated everything poor and basically told them they sucked. Got a call from them the next day and they apologized and said they have a data base and can check the car based on either Vin or Radio ID. They restarted the year on October 15.
Not sure if it will help but here is my case #.. Chevy Cust Care should be able to look it up and see how it was resolved - 8-1617736761.
They lady from Sirius who called regarding the poor survey called from 866-635-7541 - Don't remember her name.

I agree it's a joke and money maker for Sirius. Both Sirius and Chevy have a database that can resolve this quickly
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
Jeff7

Drives: C7 2LT
I don't have to deal with Sirius anymore since I converted my CDs to MP3 and put the files on an SD card. Best part? No more annoying announcers and endless repetition of the same songs.
Jeff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:55 AM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Let me start by saying...SIRUS RADIO SUCKS!!, as a company.

My situation (5th Gen Camaro) was different than the ones spoken of in this thread. Once my trial expired, I kept getting calls (daily) junk mailed to me, etc. I called the company told them to remove my phone number and mailing address from ALL OF THEIR DATABASES, which they assured me they would do. Nothing changed, kept getting harassed by them for the next month, called GM cust. service to complain as well, and advised this reflects bad on them, they didn't seem to care and take me seriously. I finally threatened them (Sirius) with legal action, involving the police, and what a coincidence, never heard back from them again.

When I got my C7 I asked if the satellite radio could not be activated, but salesman says they couldn't as it comes from GM already set up for the free trial period.

I'm happy to say that I only got one reminder letter, of upcoming expiration, no phone calls, and now that trial period is done, haven't heard from them at all.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
johnu

Drives: 1981 C3, 2014 C7
I recently received their letter stating their computer just found me. (service was started 7-15-2014) and will turn it off in December. Fine with me it's in storage for 6 months. I keep getting these 6 months for $20 offers I'll ask about next May.
johnu is offline   Reply With Quote