Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #29
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
I have enough information to know this BS is mandated by the Feds, DOT/FHWY. I would think the Feds are expecting X amount of dollars to be brought in, by each state, every time based on population.
I believe these holiday traffic mandates were put in place by the current regime maybe five years ago.

though I generally don't like the current state of law enforcement, the cronyism, nepotism, and revenue first mentality...................your information couldn't be more wrong. the feds have nothing to do with it, and neither does DOT or FHWY. localities decide how they will deploy their police force. sometimes they will team up with with other localities or state units to put an extra presence on the road during holidays, but that's about it, and it's voluntary. Ticket revenues don't go to to the feds, and in many cases don't go to the states. the best the feds can do is offer grants to fund holiday checkpoints/operations to make the roads safer. Hell, they can't even set speed limits on interstates anymore.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:52 PM   #30
RJT RS

Drives: 11 RJT 2LT/RS
Given the fact that there are probably 90% less "speed traps" then when I was a kid, not much to complain about. The fee or tax of choice, seems to be seat belts. Min $200, and they don't get contested.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #31
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
I have enough information to know this BS is mandated by the Feds, DOT/FHWY. I would think the Feds are expecting X amount of dollars to be brought in, by each state, every time based on population.
I believe these holiday traffic mandates were put in place by the current regime maybe five years ago.
I need to revise my original statement. .

You have a great deal of information, just all of it is wrong
Old 08-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #32
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
The sobriety checkpoints are not designed to "collect money". They are designed to get drunk drivers off the road...and believe me, I support this 100%.

And OP, if your state has traffic school like California has, go to it. You will still have to pay the fine and go to class for a day, but you will get no points on your record.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #33
beasstmode

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
get a good lawyer and a valentine one.. you'll be happy you did in the long run
Old 08-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #34
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Before this thread continues, I'd like to put out a general warning. While we at Camaro5 encourage all persons to obey the law, we do not encourage elitist soapbox manifestos implying that you are any better than the OP. If you have nothing to contribute other than a statement including "you should have obeyed the posted speed limit" or "cool story bro", then stay out of the thread. There are literally thousands of other threads for you to enter. If you feel that the OP is an idiot, then keep that to yourself. If you routinely violate local laws, you should probably keep that to yourself, too. Find the balance.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 PM   #35
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
Wow, speeding tickets suck but we do have a rather serious target on our car. I got my first ticket in years in an area that went from 45 to 35 for like 1500ft. I was pulled over by an unmarked pick up truck and going 54 in the 35. I was not in any hurry or screwing around and did not know why at first why I was pulled over BUT did not give the guy a hard time, and ended up with 5mph over speed limit. The funny part is I drive through that area often and I'm the guy in the muscle car getting passed by every car, truck, bus you name it on the road. I am a fast learner.
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
Old 08-31-2014, 06:03 PM   #36
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
ChrisBlair--I don't always agree with you--but you're right ON TARGET with this one!
Well, I can't always be wrong.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #37
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Well, I can't always be wrong.
No you're not always wrong! Just 'cause I don't agree doesn't mean you're wrong! Theory of relativity; we see things based on our various backgrounds and experiences--but it's the differences that makes life! Keep on keepin' on!

Last edited by RJT Impala; 08-31-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:25 PM   #38
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
What doesn't? The cruise?
Sure it does. You might gain 2-3 MPH downhill in the mountains. You might lose 2-3 going uphill. It's pretty smart.

But you will never be going 10+ over.

It doesn't work below 25MPH though. We've been through some small towns.
24mph lol
Old 08-31-2014, 06:29 PM   #39
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
To be blunt, be an adult and accept responsibility for your actions. The cop is not at fault for your actions.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:41 PM   #40
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodels View Post
So I just got pulled over today for speeding down a road. What really makes me mad about it was that the officer was at the bottom of down hill curve and just sitting there with his radar waiting for some idiot (me). I tried talking to the officer about how I didn't notice the speed increase while I was coming down the hill. He didn't want anything to do with it and sadly still gave me a ticket. But, the thing I I hate the most is the big presence of cops there are on holiday weekends, but I understand why they're there. But really? In the middle of the day? I mean don't you have better things to do then to sit at a bottom of a hill? ...Anyways, now I have probably a $200+ ticket that I have to pay off which is going to be a bitch in itself.
Mad because there was a cop doing there job in the middle of there day on a holiday weekend. No he doesn't have anything better to do, again he's doing his job. Get over it and slow down. Seriously I hate when people come on here and complain about being pulled over and getting a ticket.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #41
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
No you're not always wrong! Just 'cause I don't agree doesn't mean you're wrong! Theory of relativity; we see things based on our various backgrounds and experiences--but it's the differences that makes life! Keep on keepin' on!
I'm more interested in talking to people that can disagree anyway.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #42
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Did 600 miles today. I have never seen soo many cops on the road.

Closed Thread

Tags
cops, rant, speeding