The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-20-2021, 05:20 PM   #1
LemmingRush

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Ticket for tint and Texas inspections

I've been driving my car for over 10 years in Texas with darker than legal tint and never gotten a ticket until recently. I have not had many problems getting it to pass inspections, but since I've gotten the ticket I've had much more trouble than usual finding a place that will ignore the tint and pass it.

I was wondering if anyone has experience actually doing the inspections in Texas, does the business have some sort of systemic warning saying to look for infractions or is it just me having some bad luck?

Couldn't think of many places to ask this question and figured here would be good.
LemmingRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 07:48 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
seeing as how I live in Texas all of my driving life (48 yrs)...and have always gotten my vehicales inspected here....and all of mine have tint.....I have watched my cars being inspected....and have never seen them use any type of device to check the light attenuation on any of the windows. All they ever chech is the lights, horn, and the tail pipe (emmisions gas).