The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2020, 11:35 AM   #603
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
People in this country are so soft. Wearing a mask isn’t a difficult thing to do, and it protects people with compromised immune systems. The people that don’t want to wear them are either obese or can’t stand the smell of their own breath (the rest of us can’t stand your breath either).

“I can’t breathe in this thing!”

Okay, fatty lmao.

If your income was effected, then perhaps it’s time to ask yourself some hard questions. For one, how necessary is your job and what makes you think that you deserve a paycheck, if the world keeps running without you? A lot of people are struggling with the realization that a fast food employee is more important than their ability to pour drinks or entertain.

Yea, masks are annoying, but I’ll gladly wear it if it means someone will still have their grandma around this Christmas. Why? Because I’m not a selfish asshole. I’ve already had the virus, and even as an athletic 32 year old, that shit still sucked. Was I ever in danger of dying? Doubtful, but it was not a very pleasant 2.5 weeks either. And guess what? I’m just glad that I get paid sick days, or that would have sucked.

The people complaining are soft as ****.
So now cloth masks prevent covid? I can't keep up.

Last edited by ZED SLED; 10-19-2020 at 11:51 AM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:39 PM   #604
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
So now cloth masks prevent covid? I can't keep up.
You can’t keep up because you aren’t trying to. Face coverings reduce transmission rates as long as EVERYONE wears one. N95 masks protect the wearer, period. None of this is new information.

What is so hard to understand? If you need a practical example, try exhaling smoke/vapor with and without a mask on. Or sneezing.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:46 PM   #605
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
You can’t keep up because you aren’t trying to. Face coverings reduce transmission rates as long as EVERYONE wears one. N95 masks protect the wearer, period. None of this is new information.

What is so hard to understand? If you need a practical example, try exhaling smoke/vapor with and without a mask on. Or sneezing.
OMG are you seriously comparing smoke particulate to a virus?

It’s the mathematical equivalent of a planet to a golf ball.

How about if a cloth mask can stop a virus why can you smell a fart through your undies & pants?
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #606
Risky Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
OMG are you seriously comparing smoke particulate to a virus?

It’s the mathematical equivalent of a planet to a golf ball.

How about if a cloth mask can stop a virus why can you smell a fart through your undies & pants?
I said practical example. Why are you in denial about things? Experts on this have already weighed in on this. It doesn’t reduce risk to zero, however it cuts it down significantly. Combine it with social distancing, and the risk becomes basically zero—and that’s the whole point. When we have morons out there not doing what they’re supposed to, it screws everything up. Shit is already back to normal in Europe, and the only difference is the average intelligence of our respective populations.

Personally, I’m good either way, so whatever. I just think this country is filled with self-centered simpletons, and I wish they would stop making the rest of us look bad. I can’t even travel because this place has turned into some third world shithole, on the same list as places where you need to get shots before you can visit.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #607
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
I said practical example. Why are you in denial about things? Experts on this have already weighed in on this. It doesn’t reduce risk to zero, however it cuts it down significantly. Combine it with social distancing, and the risk becomes basically zero—and that’s the whole point. When we have morons out there not doing what they’re supposed to, it screws everything up. Shit is already back to normal in Europe, and the only difference is the average intelligence of our respective populations.

Personally, I’m good either way, so whatever. I just think this country is filled with self-centered simpletons, and I wish they would stop making the rest of us look bad. I can’t even travel because this place has turned into some third world shithole, on the same list as places where you need to get shots before you can visit.
So anyone that doesn't subscribe to the 'experts' opinion of the day is either a fatty, simpleton, softy, moron, or asshole? Do you wear a mask when in a car by yourself?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:26 PM   #608
Risky Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
So anyone that doesn't subscribe to the 'experts' opinion of the day is either a fatty, simpleton, softy, moron, or asshole? Do you wear a mask when in a car by yourself?
Yes, they are one or all of the above. Why would I wear it when I’m alone in a car? That’s dumb. I literally only wear it to be respectful to others, so if I’m alone....
Old 10-19-2020, 04:52 PM   #609
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:

I’ll be glad to cut one that’ll gag ya from 10’ away whether you have a mask on or not.

It’s certainly being pushed towards a 3rd world shit hole, but it’s not because of some virus.

By all means keep drinking the Koolaid though.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:32 PM   #610
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Six of the top ten countries for new infections are in Europe, so they still have issues.
UK and France just blocked travel again a week or two ago.

https://6abc.com/further-restriction...surge/7162018/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6abc
LONDON -- Governments across Europe have introduced more restrictions to combat the spread of COVID-19, with a combination of nationwide and specific regional measures and curfews imposed as the continent faces its "second wave."

The number of globally recorded coronavirus cases passed 40 million on Monday, according to John Hopkins University, and while more than half of those cases come from the U.S., India and Brazil, an increasing proportion of new daily recorded cases are emerging from Europe.

In total, over 7 million cases have been recorded in Europe since the start of the pandemic, according to the European Center for Disease Control, with 241,291 deaths.

After new restrictions were imposed in several countries earlier this month, Switzerland has followed Italy in imposing a nationwide mask mandate in all public spaces from Monday.

While not as restrictive as previous measures imposed when Italy faced a severe COVID surge earlier in the pandemic as it became the first country to surpass China's death toll, local mayors have been given the power to close piazzas and streets from 9 p.m. and bars and restaurants must shut by midnight.

Ireland's government has announced that, starting Wednesday, it is returning the country to a full-scale lockdown for six weeks, reinstating restrictions close to those that were in place in the spring at the height of the first wave of the pandemic.

The new lockdown will raise restrictions from Level 3 to Level 5, banning all house visits, closing all but essential retail stores, and requiring people to stay within a 5-kilometer (3-mile) radius of their homes. The new guidelines represent one of the strictest national lockdowns in Europe.

Last edited by Boost Creep; 10-19-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:35 PM   #611
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
People in this country are so soft. Wearing a mask isn’t a difficult thing to do, and it protects people with compromised immune systems. The people that don’t want to wear them are either obese or can’t stand the smell of their own breath (the rest of us can’t stand your breath either).

“I can’t breathe in this thing!”

Okay, fatty lmao.

If your income was effected, then perhaps it’s time to ask yourself some hard questions. For one, how necessary is your job and what makes you think that you deserve a paycheck, if the world keeps running without you? A lot of people are struggling with the realization that a fast food employee is more important than their ability to pour drinks or entertain.

Yea, masks are annoying, but I’ll gladly wear it if it means someone will still have their grandma around this Christmas. Why? Because I’m not a selfish asshole. I’ve already had the virus, and even as an athletic 32 year old, that shit still sucked. Was I ever in danger of dying? Doubtful, but it was not a very pleasant 2.5 weeks either. And guess what? I’m just glad that I get paid sick days, or that would have sucked.

The people complaining are soft as ****.
No it doesn't.

There is a highly anticipated Danish mask study that is finished, but has not yet been published. The lead investigator says it will be published "As soon as a journal is brave enough to accept the paper." It doesn't take a genius to figure out what it concluded.

They say "follow the science", well that is the science. And it is being silenced. Any and all evidence questioning the efficacy of mask wearing (and there is a lot of it) is suppressed either by social and/or political pressure or by out and out censorship.

They don't work.

And the medical community has known they don't work from the beginning... based on evidence going all the way back the the 1918 pandemic. Heck, you prove it - you obediently wear your mask yet you got it anyway... how did that happen?

This should not be controversial. Wouldn't you want to know if your military supplied flak jacket was effective before they sent you into battle? This is the same thing.

You know who is soft? The people who are willing to mindlessly follow orders without thinking for themselves or doing some research of their own.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #612
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
If you need a practical example, try exhaling smoke/vapor with and without a mask on.
Do that with your mask on and get back to us on what you discover.

And a virus is waaaayyyyy smaller than a smoke particle.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:46 PM   #613
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
Shit is already back to normal in Sweden, and the only difference is the average intelligence of our respective populations.
I fixed your post for you.

You're welcome.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #614
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
I literally only wear it to be respectful to others
If this is true and you actually mean it, apparently you know masks don't really work.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:50 PM   #615
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
CDC numbers. They really try to bury all statistics.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm
Attached Images

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #616
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Had more work since March than i can deal with.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote