Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-27-2022, 09:01 PM   #1
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Fore FC3 wiring

So I've been reading up on several threads about installing and wiring up my Fore triple pump fuel system with a FC3 controller. Thank you for everyone's help from the DM's too. I will be using the green/white stripe wire before the fpcm to trigger my main pump. I'm curious if I can leave the fpcm hooked up to monitor and log fuel pressure ? I think my tuner can adjust it with HPT to get rid of any CEL. Since I'm not using the power wire after the fpcm to power or trigger my main pump is this feasible or do I just need to leave the module unhooked and log fuel pressure differently? Thanks.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:57 PM   #2
Kajun

Drives: 2013 1SS L99
I left the module connected. Cut and connected the green/white wire to trigger the pump and used the factory pressure sensor.
2013 1SS/RS L99-GPI VVT SS1 - TSP 1 7/8 headers with Borla Touring exhaust - ESS Tuning YSI V7 - Fore Innovations Dual pump fuel system - 1" BMR lowering springs - BMR toe rods and trailing arms - Prothane rear cradle bushings - Yank 3400 Stall -
Kajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:22 PM   #3
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajun View Post
I left the module connected. Cut and connected the green/white wire to trigger the pump and used the factory pressure sensor.
Did you have to move the sensor?
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:49 PM   #4
Kajun

Drives: 2013 1SS L99
Fitting for fuel pressure sensor is on fuel filter. Comes with harness to lengthen.
Attached Images

2013 1SS/RS L99-GPI VVT SS1 - TSP 1 7/8 headers with Borla Touring exhaust - ESS Tuning YSI V7 - Fore Innovations Dual pump fuel system - 1" BMR lowering springs - BMR toe rods and trailing arms - Prothane rear cradle bushings - Yank 3400 Stall -
Kajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 07:29 AM   #5
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Kajun is right.
The Grn/Wht would work great for a trigger wire because it's the fuel pump relay wire in the car anyways. Remember that the Grn/Wht is a timed circuit from the ECM and will only run for 2 seconds on a stock tune when you initially turn on the key or when cranking. Your tuner can change this if you want it to prime longer. I set mine to 5 seconds. I ended up extending my wiring up to my fuel rails and didn't see a substancial change in pressurev by moving my sensor.

I had permanent codes even after deleting all codes for the FPCM and found that I needed to WRITE ALL after I had it the way I wanted to finally clear my CEL. I have a full video series on my fuel system on my channel if you're interested in more.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:46 AM   #6
bstromback2002

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 View Post
Did you have to move the sensor?

I moved my sensor up to a fitting between the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bstromback2002 is offline   Reply With Quote