The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-25-2014, 03:55 AM   #1
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
iPhone Experts: I need your help!

Okay I have an iPhone 5C and haven't even had it a year. I got it in December of 2013.

2 months ago, I dropped the screen and the iPhone front screen shattered. Took it and got it fixed and when I got it back, the touch screen was a little messed up with sensitivity (says something's touching it when nothing is) but other than that, the phone worked fine. I have never had a problem with the iPhones software and never updated to iOS 8 because I was fine with iOS 7.

Fast forward to yesterday morning, at 4am, the iPhone goes into recovery mode. I try to do the home and power button hold (it's worked for me every time until now) to get it out of recovery mode. This time it just goes black and the iTunes symbol pops up 5 seconds later. So I restore it and update to iOS 8 and it works fine until 4am this morning. Once again it goes into recovery mode at the same time as yesterday. I try to do the home and power button hold and the phone goes completely dead. Now it just sits at the recovery mode screen when charging.

Anyone know what's wrong?
Old 10-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Hey Mr. NASA! Fancy seeing you here Sorry about the problems you're having with the iPhone. I have strayed away from Apple because of issues like this (upgrading iOS always kills some phones), but we may be able to get ya back up and running.

This page helps diagnose the problem:http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

There are LOTS of redirects to pages that help you troubleshoot the problems to the next level. If you to through the page from top to bottom, you should find yourself with a fixed iPhone (if there is not a hardware issue).

With Apple stuff, sometimes the same process of fixing something doesn't work on the second or third try, but on the fifth of sixth. I have no explanation other than 'thanks Obama'.

If you follow all of those steps and procedures, and still have issues, post back.

Do you have AppleCare?

Good luck!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
You will have to restore the phone to factory settings.

Then restore your backup.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Well just got back from the Verizon store. I popped Error 21 again which is a hardware failure which unfortunately, is unrepairable by Verizon. So either way I'll be spend a pretty penny.

Thanks for your help guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Hey Mr. NASA! Fancy seeing you here Sorry about the problems you're having with the iPhone. I have strayed away from Apple because of issues like this (upgrading iOS always kills some phones), but we may be able to get ya back up and running.

This page helps diagnose the problem:http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

There are LOTS of redirects to pages that help you troubleshoot the problems to the next level. If you to through the page from top to bottom, you should find yourself with a fixed iPhone (if there is not a hardware issue).

With Apple stuff, sometimes the same process of fixing something doesn't work on the second or third try, but on the fifth of sixth. I have no explanation other than 'thanks Obama'.

If you follow all of those steps and procedures, and still have issues, post back.

Do you have AppleCare?

Good luck!
Thanks for the link! That explained to me what "Error 21" was!

And nope. No insurance on the phone. I wish I did now.. The phone is still under a year old so it'd be covered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
You will have to restore the phone to factory settings.

Then restore your backup.
That was the problem. The iphone wasn't responding to iTunes and iTunes said "iPhone not found: Error (21)". So now I just have a hunk of metal and plastic!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
You should be covered by Apple's warranty. Take it to an Apple store
Old 10-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
Splitter
Account Suspended

No problem buddy, best of luck!!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Yepp, you're right. I love Apple.

Quote:
Thank you!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #8
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Apple is awesome.
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:54 PM   #9
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Apple

Quote:
"Buddy". So cold.
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:40 AM   #10
Splitter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
"Buddy". So cold.
Buddy. Guy. Friend. Pal.

http://youtu.be/zuQK6t2Esng
Old 10-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
VeeGeeTea
LEXi is Sassy and Classy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Boston Acoustic
The best advice you're going to get, will get and ever gotten is to do yourself a favour and buy a Nokia phone.

Why buy a phone that is made in China when you can buy a Nokia made in Finland? Do you see the difference in quality here?

You're basically paying a premium for a piece of garbage when you purchase an iPhone or apple product of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Okay I have an iPhone 5C and haven't even had it a year. I got it in December of 2013.

2 months ago, I dropped the screen and the iPhone front screen shattered. Took it and got it fixed and when I got it back, the touch screen was a little messed up with sensitivity (says something's touching it when nothing is) but other than that, the phone worked fine. I have never had a problem with the iPhones software and never updated to iOS 8 because I was fine with iOS 7.

Fast forward to yesterday morning, at 4am, the iPhone goes into recovery mode. I try to do the home and power button hold (it's worked for me every time until now) to get it out of recovery mode. This time it just goes black and the iTunes symbol pops up 5 seconds later. So I restore it and update to iOS 8 and it works fine until 4am this morning. Once again it goes into recovery mode at the same time as yesterday. I try to do the home and power button hold and the phone goes completely dead. Now it just sits at the recovery mode screen when charging.

Anyone know what's wrong?
VeeGeeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #12
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGeeTea View Post
The best advice you're going to get, will get and ever gotten is to do yourself a favour and buy a Nokia phone.

Why buy a phone that is made in China when you can buy a Nokia made in Finland? Do you see the difference in quality here?

You're basically paying a premium for a piece of garbage when you purchase an iPhone or apple product of any kind.
if people want any of the higher end smartphones, they are going to pay a premium. To single out apple is just ignorant.

PS, Nokia hasn't made a phone in Finland since 2012. Wanna guess where they are made now? and in 2013, Nokia sold their phones to Microsoft...

Last edited by PoorMansCamaro; 10-28-2014 at 02:05 PM.
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #13
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGeeTea View Post

I can't even remember the last time Nokia has been relevant besides the jokes about the old indestructible models.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #14
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Majority, if not all, electronics are made at Foxconn, a subsidiary, or an Asian country due to cheap labor.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote